Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 332226 times)

Offline Harmony

Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #3290 on: August 18, 2022, 09:07:55 AM »
A bite?

So I got bitten by something - bee or spider, I presume - about three, four weeks ago. Next day, my right arm blew up like friggin' Popeye.   I couldn't hold a pen, and I couldn't make a fist.  THEN, what looked like poison ivy appeared.   I went to the doctor (well, walk in) and they said well, it's definitely poison ivy, but if you got bit, we'll give you an antibiotic.  Which I did take, diligently.  The redness didn't move up my arm and in about three days the swelling went down and in about five days, the poison ivy went away.   To this day, though, I STILL have a little bump and pinhole scab where I thought the bite occurred (it looks like a pimple, but with a scab instead of a white head), and it still itches like hell. I'll post a picture when I can.

The point is, bites are insidious.

I guess it could've been.  I had been out working in the garden.  I just don't remember being bitten and the skin looked intact.  No redness really, no itching.  Thankfully it is better today.  Still swollen a bit but much less painful.  Reading about lordxizor's issue makes me appreciate that it wasn't worse!  My heart goes out to people who have arthritis and have to deal with chronic pain every day. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3291 on: August 18, 2022, 09:12:44 AM »
A bite?

So I got bitten by something - bee or spider, I presume - about three, four weeks ago. Next day, my right arm blew up like friggin' Popeye.   I couldn't hold a pen, and I couldn't make a fist.  THEN, what looked like poison ivy appeared.   I went to the doctor (well, walk in) and they said well, it's definitely poison ivy, but if you got bit, we'll give you an antibiotic.  Which I did take, diligently.  The redness didn't move up my arm and in about three days the swelling went down and in about five days, the poison ivy went away.   To this day, though, I STILL have a little bump and pinhole scab where I thought the bite occurred (it looks like a pimple, but with a scab instead of a white head), and it still itches like hell. I'll post a picture when I can.

The point is, bites are insidious.

Maybe get that checked out again just in case.  My wife's aunt had a brown recluse bite that started out looking just like that.  She has had all kinds of trouble stemming from that (I don't want to get into it here, but I wouldn't wish it on my most bitter enemy).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3292 on: September 01, 2022, 03:16:54 PM »
As we continue to initiate more and more people into this thread, I'd like to make a motion to rename this thread to:

"The DTF Old As Mold TAC Club"

Just because Tim is Tim...

Do I have a second?
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3293 on: September 01, 2022, 03:26:08 PM »
Initiation is bitching about everything all day.

I confessed to my wife that I've been feeling really bitchy lately, and she was like....no, really??  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3294 on: September 01, 2022, 03:42:23 PM »
Initiation is bitching about everything all day.

I confessed to my wife that I've been feeling really bitchy lately, and she was like....no, really??  :lol

Ouch. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3295 on: September 01, 2022, 03:43:57 PM »
Tim needs that top 40 Dokken countdown to yank the crabs out of him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3296 on: September 01, 2022, 03:45:40 PM »
A Dr. Demento style playlist featuring funny song we think are about Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3297 on: September 01, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »
Tim needs that top 40 Dokken countdown to yank the crabs out of him.

I couldn't go 40 deep with Dokken.

I will say that Don Dokken came off as the biggest dick on stage back in the day.

I saw them in 1995 when they reunited and they were freaking awesome though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3298 on: September 01, 2022, 03:48:06 PM »
I could maybe go 4 deep with Dokken. :lol :lol :lol

I will stand by Heaven Sent as being a great song, though. That one has held up extremely well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3299 on: September 01, 2022, 03:50:14 PM »
They were one of the better hair metal bands in the 80's.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3300 on: September 01, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »
DAMN IT I DON'T SEE A SECOND!

lol.

Tim, you, bitchy? Surely not...  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3301 on: September 01, 2022, 04:16:22 PM »

You know what I see when I look in the mirror??

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3302 on: September 01, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »

You know what I see when I look in the mirror??

I've always known you were a terrible singer.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3303 on: September 01, 2022, 04:53:12 PM »
I could maybe go 4 deep with Dokken. :lol :lol :lol

I will stand by Heaven Sent as being a great song, though. That one has held up extremely well.

I could probably do a top 5!

I heard Alone Again recently for the first time in who knows how long.  THAT is a damn good song!

And isn't saying that Dokken was one of the better hair metal bands a little like saying that someone is one of the better Nigerian ice hockey players?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3304 on: September 01, 2022, 05:21:31 PM »
 :lol

If you said Jamaican it would have worked better. Lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3305 on: September 01, 2022, 08:06:54 PM »
I could probably go top 25 with Dokken.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3306 on: September 01, 2022, 10:31:05 PM »
As we continue to initiate more and more people into this thread, I'd like to make a motion to rename this thread to:

"The DTF Old As Mold TAC Club"

Just because Tim is Tim...

Do I have a second?

Seconded!

I could not even go 1 deep with Dokken. Never could stand them. I do have a growing non-Dokken collection of George Lynch though. I wish Ultraphonix would do another album.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3307 on: September 23, 2022, 09:00:03 PM »
So some of you might have followed the recent issues my wife has been having over in the depressed thread. I mentioned there that I ended up developing prostatitis, most likely as a result of stress. I guess 50% of men can expect to experience this. Let me tell you, you don't want it.

I had to cut caffeine cold turkey which was not easy. Two days in a row I had major symptoms after a single can of pop (I'm Midwestern, it's pop). Caffeine is a major trigger of it. I am now almost 2 weeks clean of caffeine. Longest of my life. I quit due to a flare up on 9/11 that was excruciating. It does not hurt, per se. It's more of an uncomfortable pressure. It's agonizing. I can't tell you how many doctors have told me I have a ridiculously high threshold for pain yet this thing just cut me down.

I had a flare up out of nowhere on Wednesday. It was worse than the one on 9/11. It even came with a massive muscle ache in my back. I gave up and threw down a muscle relaxer. So glad I did, it relieved everything. About 8 hours later it came back with a vengeance. Took another relaxer. On Thursday, nothing. No pressure, no back pain, nothing. Like it never happened. I saw my doctor on Tuesday just to chat about it and treatment. Now I have an appointment with a urologist after the recent flare up. Getting old sucks. Told my Doc about the muscle relaxer and he told me to just let him know if I need more. I hope I don't, but at least I know how to get pretty quick relief if it happens again.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 10:10:53 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3308 on: September 23, 2022, 09:23:45 PM »
So some of you might have followed the recent issues my wife has been having over in the depressed thread. I mentioned there that I ended up developing prostatitis, most likely as a result of stress. I guess 50% of men can expect to experience this. Let me tell you, you don't want it.

I had to cut caffeine cold turkey which was not easy. Two days in a row I had major symptoms after a single can of pop (I'm Midwestern, it's pop). Caffeine is a major trigger of it. I am now almost 2 weeks clean of caffeine. Longest of my life. I quit due to a flare up on 9/11 that was excruciating. It does not hurt, per se. It's more of an uncomfortable pressure. It's agonizing. I can't tell you how many doctors have told me I have a ridiculously high threshold for pain yet this thing just cut me down.

I had a flare up out of nowhere on Wednesday. It was worse than the one on 9/11. It even came with a massive muscle ache in my back. I gave up a threw down a muscle relaxer. So glad I did, it relieved everything. About 8 hours later it came back with a vengeance. Took another relaxer. On Thursday, nothing. No pressure, no back pain, nothing. Like it never happened. I saw my doctor on Tuesday just to chat about it and treatment. Now I have an appointment with a urologist after the recent flare up. Getting old sucks. Told my Doc about the muscle relaxer and he told me to just let him know if I need more. I hope I don't, but at least I know how to get pretty quick relief if it happens again.

I had to google what this is and it sounds brutal, I'm really sorry to read about all the issues internet hug

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3309 on: September 23, 2022, 10:16:04 PM »
Thanks, man. Yeah, it is brutal. For me, the best as I can describe it is just a really uncomfortable pressure right in my ding-dong. It was so bad on Wednesday I could not even take my wife to her next doctor appointment because I was in agony. Had to find someone else to take her. Like I said, it isn't pain. At least for me, I can't say it hurts. It's something different but just as bad.

My wife knows that when I am showing any sign of pain or discomfort, it's bad. It was bad.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #3310 on: September 23, 2022, 11:40:30 PM »
Sorry to hear this Professor.  I have struggled off and on with prostrate problems for years.  For me the pressure around the prostate was unbearable, like a vice grip in that area.  Stress is said to be a big factor.  I also take Saw Palmetto standard extract daily and this seems to help.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3311 on: September 24, 2022, 06:21:40 AM »
Fuck man, that sounds just terrible.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3312 on: October 06, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »
I'm 46 and understand that I'm aging and I'm "no spring chicken" any longer. I get it. But it's still weird to be called 'sir' by younger people. I'm not a 'sir' in my mind. But I know that half my facial hair is either white or gray.....I no longer have just 'black' hair.....some could use the term 'salt and pepper'.....I intellectually understand what's going on here. But it's still weird because my mind just isn't accepting that I actually have aged to the point where I'm firmly in 'sir' territory  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3313 on: October 06, 2022, 11:11:50 AM »
I'm 46 and understand that I'm aging and I'm "no spring chicken" any longer. I get it. But it's still weird to be called 'sir' by younger people. I'm not a 'sir' in my mind. But I know that half my facial hair is either white or gray.....I no longer have just 'black' hair.....some could use the term 'salt and pepper'.....I intellectually understand what's going on here. But it's still weird because my mind just isn't accepting that I actually have aged to the point where I'm firmly in 'sir' territory  :lol

Spot-on.  :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3314 on: October 06, 2022, 11:13:46 AM »
I've been a senior for over a year now.  Don't feel like a senior and I'm still not up to speed on the grocery store discounts. :dunno:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3315 on: October 06, 2022, 11:47:58 AM »

I'm on board with this too; its the worst with people age like 21 to 26, and especially women. 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3316 on: October 06, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »
I got the senior discount at a grocery store the other day. I'm 41.  :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3317 on: October 06, 2022, 11:58:38 AM »
I got the senior discount at a grocery store the other day. I'm 41.  :lol

That's a fucking score! Grocery prices are insane (another thing us old guys now talk about).

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3318 on: October 06, 2022, 12:18:15 PM »

I'm on board with this too; its the worst with people age like 21 to 26, and especially women.

What prompted my post was that I was “Sir’d” by a Union welder today in the job site several times during a conversation. Guy is probably mid to late 20’s….clearly well mannered but he hit me with that ‘sir’ like five times  :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3319 on: October 06, 2022, 12:30:25 PM »
Maybe he was just pissed at you and trying to stay polite and professional?  :lol

I get that...all the time.  :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3320 on: October 06, 2022, 12:41:26 PM »
Maybe he was just pissed at you and trying to stay polite and professional?  :lol

I get that...all the time.  :rollin

That's 100% a probability.....my company is running this job and he's one of our subs....so....he could have just been kissing a$$  :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3321 on: October 06, 2022, 01:12:15 PM »
Part of me is still thrown sometimes when I'm called "Sir" but usually I recover quickly and just embrace it.  Fuck yeah, I'm "sir" to you, BOY!  Now fill my coffee and where the hell is that English Muffin I ordered?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3322 on: October 06, 2022, 01:19:14 PM »
Sir has never bothered me. What else is someone supposed to call me when they're trying to be polite? Dude? Man? Guy?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3323 on: October 06, 2022, 01:23:34 PM »
Sir has never bothered me. What else is someone supposed to call me when they're trying to be polite? Dude? Man? Guy?

Nope.. it's Guy Mann Dude!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3324 on: October 06, 2022, 01:43:03 PM »
I'm 50 now, and you bet your sweet ass I deserve a "sir" from youngsters.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.