Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 334270 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #3220 on: May 17, 2022, 07:04:39 PM »
The Bucks/Celts series must've aged you a couple of years.

:lol

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3221 on: May 18, 2022, 05:11:58 AM »
I've officially leapt into "old man" territory.... I had to ask jingle.daughter some questions about how to use my new iPhone.  I've had a 'button' model forever, and still back on iOS 13.  So, the new company issued me an iPhone 12, and a few features of the phone and native apps were giving me problems.  Didn't help that I didn't have my cheaters on me, so I could barely see the icons and such in the low light we were in, but still.

:tick:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3222 on: May 18, 2022, 07:07:21 AM »
I've officially leapt into "old man" territory.... I had to ask jingle.daughter some questions about how to use my new iPhone.  I've had a 'button' model forever, and still back on iOS 13.  So, the new company issued me an iPhone 12, and a few features of the phone and native apps were giving me problems.  Didn't help that I didn't have my cheaters on me, so I could barely see the icons and such in the low light we were in, but still.

Uh.... "my cheaters" is kind of the definition of "old man" territory, is it not?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3223 on: May 18, 2022, 07:31:59 AM »

Uh.... "my cheaters" is kind of the definition of "old man" territory, is it not?

I'm still in denial over that.  There are times that my arms are indeed long enough to read certain things.   :biggrin:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3224 on: June 05, 2022, 12:33:50 AM »
3 more years and I can join this club. See you then.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3225 on: June 21, 2022, 01:04:43 AM »
Hi!

My name is Boom and i'm officially old since a couple of months atleast accordingly to everyone younger than 39. My soul and spirit is still in my 20s though.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3226 on: June 21, 2022, 05:54:32 AM »
Hi!

My name is Boom and i'm officially old since a couple of months atleast accordingly to everyone younger than 39. My soul and spirit is still in my 20s though.

Well, welcome. You may wish to avoid drunk texting in the future. Also, having a young spirit will not save you from pulling a rib when trying to get out of bed. Do your stretches before you try to get up.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3227 on: June 21, 2022, 10:57:00 AM »
Eh, he's only 40.  That crap doesn't start happening until after 50.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3228 on: July 26, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »
I’ve got a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday. Just a routine, preventative check, but I’m not looking forward to Wednesday night.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3229 on: July 27, 2022, 08:51:31 AM »
I heard about someone who had a colonoscopy and he ended up getting Pancreatitis.  Not really an equitable trade.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3230 on: July 28, 2022, 05:42:25 AM »
It can happen, it's very rare, and I personally have never known anybody who's ever had a problem from the procedure. A couple of days of rest to recover from a bruised pancreas isn't ideal, but it still better than losing your life to colon cancer gone undetected.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3231 on: July 28, 2022, 06:07:44 AM »
In the words of the great Arthur Fonzorelli …. Correct-o-mundo.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3232 on: July 28, 2022, 06:19:31 AM »
It can happen, it's very rare, and I personally have never known anybody who's ever had a problem from the procedure. A couple of days of rest to recover from a bruised pancreas isn't ideal, but it still better than losing your life to colon cancer gone undetected.

Very true. 

My younger brother, who is 45 now, had his first a few months ago and they found two small polyps which they removed.  And they said had he waited till 50 to get the colonoscopy, it is very likely that he would have had colon cancer. 

I had my first one four years at 45, so I am all good for a while.  The night before kind of sucks with drinking that stuff and having to go to the bathroom 133 times, but the procedure itself was nothing. They knock you out and you wake up and it's over.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3233 on: July 28, 2022, 06:55:22 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before in here....but....I've yet to do ANY of the 'grown up' exams that middle aged men should be getting. I'm 46 and my only Dr. visits in the past 20 years were mandatory screenings for employment, and I had a virtual appointment in 2020 because I had a concussion from falling backward into the boards playing Ice Hockey.

I know I need to do these things.....just haven't
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3234 on: July 28, 2022, 08:42:19 AM »
Honestly, and I'm not trying to make myself out to be a hero or anything, but the complaints about a colonoscopy in my humble opinion are whining.   Sure, you have to go to the doctor.  Sure, you have the shits for 24-hours before.  Sure, you have some minor discomfort in the moment.  That's life.  Even without the downside of cancer - which I've personally watched decimate five people close to me (grandfather, two aunts, an uncle and my dad) - it's a relatively minor intrusion, and when you factor in the brutality of what cancer can (and often does) do, it's that much more of a non-issue.

IMO, and I'll admit to hating the dentist, I have more discomfort in the dentists chair.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3235 on: July 28, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »
I’ve got a colonoscopy scheduled for Thursday. Just a routine, preventative check, but I’m not looking forward to Wednesday night.

The bathroom was needed until about 12:30 last night and I was good until 6:00am (not on a Christmas morning). Everything seems good after the scope and I ate a big ol’ donut when I got home.

Get yourself screened boys!

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3236 on: July 28, 2022, 10:05:24 AM »
Honestly, and I'm not trying to make myself out to be a hero or anything, but the complaints about a colonoscopy in my humble opinion are whining.

Everybody has complaints about something.  Opinions and feelings about certain subject matters don't automatically constitute whining.  You have to take into consideration that people deal with certain phobias that can't be helped.  Don't judge.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: July 28, 2022, 10:07:20 AM »
Honestly, and I'm not trying to make myself out to be a hero or anything, but the complaints about a colonoscopy in my humble opinion are whining.

Everybody has complaints about something.  Opinions and feelings about certain subject matters don't automatically constitute whining.  You have to take into consideration that people deal with certain phobias that can't be helped.  Don't judge.

Fair enough.  Can't argue that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3238 on: July 28, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »

I had to get one done at 44 year old.  They also did a Endoscopy through my mouth.  I joked I must have looked like a pig roast.  LOL   I though the night before was worse, drinking the medication to cleans you and sitting on the toilet for half the night.  They put me out and I never felt a thing.  Woke up groggy and very hungry.  Dad took me out to get a big breakfast.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3239 on: July 28, 2022, 10:56:41 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before in here....but....I've yet to do ANY of the 'grown up' exams that middle aged men should be getting. I'm 46 and my only Dr. visits in the past 20 years were mandatory screenings for employment, and I had a virtual appointment in 2020 because I had a concussion from falling backward into the boards playing Ice Hockey.

I know I need to do these things.....just haven't

I'm 42, and my doctor isn't concerned with those exams until I hit age 50, or if my bloodwork comes back showing something elevated.  They have been checking my PSA levels in my blood for prostate cancer, though.

I'm dealing with a lot of muscle cramping issues.  My calves are tight, causing plantar faucitis in my feet.  It's awful and some days it feels like I've been on my feet all day long, only an hour after I wake up.  I have stretches to do, which I'm not the best about.  I take a muscle relaxer twice a week and that seems to help for a few days. 

I'm packing up my house to move tomorrow and all of the aches and pains are there after a day of being on my feet and bending over to pack, seal and lift boxes.  Thank god we hired a moving company and all I have to do is pack, break down furniture and re-assemble it at the new house. 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3240 on: July 28, 2022, 11:47:07 AM »
My thing is, NASA has a new telescope that can see more than 13B years into the universe's past, but doctors can't take a picture of your gut without sticking a camera up your ass.  :lol

Yeah, I realize those are two completely different things, but hey!  The medical community needs to step up their technology a few notches.  The camera up the butt thing with the miserable prep the day before just isn't working for me, and probably not for a lot of other people too.

Besides, my family doesn't have a history of colon cancer, so based on that, I'll take my chances until a more non invasive procedure can be implemented.  Oh and BTW, not doing the Cologuard thing either.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3241 on: July 28, 2022, 11:54:13 AM »
Both are Astronauts. AMIRITE?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3242 on: July 28, 2022, 12:05:50 PM »
Asstronauts!  :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3243 on: July 28, 2022, 12:27:52 PM »
Haha, this thread delivers!  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3244 on: July 28, 2022, 12:32:36 PM »
In the end, it always will.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3245 on: July 28, 2022, 03:56:17 PM »
Oh shit what I have to look forward to.  Not far away either........
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3246 on: July 28, 2022, 09:31:17 PM »
Oh shit

That is what you have to look forward to. At least, the night before the procedure.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3247 on: July 28, 2022, 11:35:41 PM »
Oh shit

That is what you have to look forward to. At least, the night before the procedure.

Oh shit

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3248 on: July 29, 2022, 04:52:45 AM »
Oh shit

Not sure you can actually call it "shit".

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3249 on: July 29, 2022, 05:03:23 AM »
Oh shit

Not sure you can actually call it "shit".

In the end, you just want it to stop.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3250 on: July 29, 2022, 05:24:27 AM »
To everyone who has not gotten a colonoscopy yet, when you do, have a big pack of baby wipes ready for the night before. Trust me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3251 on: July 29, 2022, 06:00:19 AM »
To everyone who has not gotten a colonoscopy yet, when you do, have a big pack of baby wipes ready for the night before. Trust me.

This is not abnormal to me.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3252 on: July 29, 2022, 06:13:22 AM »
Man, memories of the prep... Yikes..

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3253 on: July 29, 2022, 08:14:38 AM »
I understand that it's different for everyone, but you guys sound like a bunch of pussies.  It was inconvenient for sure, but it was also painless.  Take the day off, accept the fact that you'll need to be near the bathroom for six hours or so, and just... let it flow.  Hell, it was a vacation day for me.  Slept in, spent the rest of the morning goofing off, then starting drinking the stuff around Noon.  By evening, it was mostly done and, as I said, it was entirely painless.  That night I slept fine, got up the next day to go in for the procedure (which I remember none of), was home by that afternoon.  If I have to do that every five or 10 years to make sure I don't get ass cancer and die, that's a great trade-off.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3254 on: July 29, 2022, 08:21:12 AM »
To be honest I was expecting the prep to be worse than what it was. I didn’t start it until late afternoon so I was up until about 1am until it subsided. But other than sitting in the bathroom the majority of the time and not eating for 24 hours, it wasn’t awful.

And yes, moist wipes are a must.

I thought I’d be more hungry after the colonoscopy itself but everything I tried to eat had a tint of the prep drink taste to it.

Curious what peoples go to food was after the scope. I had donuts.