Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 332275 times)

Offline Snow Dog

Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2835 on: June 11, 2021, 07:28:36 AM »
I dropped this in the Netflix thread, but then thought here might be the more appropriate place for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcOc8wL4k8

That background music had me half expecting He-Man to say, “Skeletor, you will not get away! I AM REALLY PISSED OFF!”

But man, talk about childhood nostalgia!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2836 on: June 17, 2021, 12:23:53 PM »
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! We have purchased our retirement home in North Port Florida! I was getting worried because of the absolute insanity of the buying market right now. We lost out on 3 other homes that we had what seemed like extremely solid bids, all at least 30k over asking price. Luckily we didn't get any of those, because the one we got checked off a lot more boxes. One of the biggest being outdoor space and privacy. The lots on each side, behind, and in front are all empty. Here she is.....

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3571-Jade-St_North-Port_FL_34288_M68550-20392

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2837 on: June 17, 2021, 01:00:20 PM »
CONGRATS!!  :metal   Looks like a great home! That's exciting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2838 on: June 17, 2021, 01:05:13 PM »
Congrats! Enjoy the retirement life in Florida  :yarr

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2839 on: June 17, 2021, 01:05:40 PM »
CONGRATS!!  :metal   Looks like a great home! That's exciting.
It is!  It was stressful as hell though.  We're in FL for 15 days, if we wouldn't have found something it probably would have been a buying sight unseen scenario.  Having to go back to Cali.  That was a scary notion.

Thanks Brotha!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2840 on: June 17, 2021, 01:18:26 PM »
Sweet digs.  The pool/hot tub is nice!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2841 on: June 17, 2021, 01:23:26 PM »
Those screened in pool rooms are so sick. The place looks great.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2842 on: June 17, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize housing was that cheap in Florida.  Not a bad price in a sellers market.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2843 on: June 17, 2021, 07:05:36 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize housing was that cheap in Florida.  Not a bad price in a sellers market.  :tup
Well...... it's not quite that cheap.  Everything right now in our range is 20-50k over asking, I'll just leave it at that  :lol

That being said, I'm happy with our choice and the cost.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #2844 on: June 18, 2021, 09:12:34 AM »
Congrats Crimson! That looks great! The color scheme in the lanai is cool/interesting.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2845 on: June 18, 2021, 09:19:26 AM »
I'm jelly Crimson! Congrats!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2846 on: June 18, 2021, 09:24:05 AM »
Wow that’s awesome. And so cheap!

I thought I saw an alligator in the pool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2847 on: June 18, 2021, 10:17:06 AM »
Well...... it's not quite that cheap.  Everything right now in our range is 20-50k over asking, I'll just leave it at that  :lol

That being said, I'm happy with our choice and the cost.

Compared to places like Arizona, a house of roughly the same square footage (like mine) here is about 80k more right now.  I'd say you got a hell of a deal.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2848 on: June 22, 2021, 07:26:31 AM »
Sweet digs.  The pool/hot tub is nice!
  Yeah, our biggest priority was the outdoor living space.  The pool was recoated 2 years ago in pebble-tec complete with inlaid sea turtles and a mermaid at the bottom.  I'm a HUGE fan of hot tubs.  Out of our search we only saw 2 homes with them.

Thanks Bro! 

Yeah the screens are a must to keep the bugs and other critters out.  Being surrounded by the empty lots is awesome from a privacy perspective.  The trade off is the critters that are surrounding us.  The old owners told us we will be pals with Raccooons, snakes, mice/rats, BOBCATS  :omg:.  As a matter of fact the gal said she has been out on the lanai and watched Bobcats just stroll through the backyard without a care in the world.  So having the screened in pool and lanai is a big plus.  I'm sure there will be a learning curve dealing with the critters.

Congrats Crimson! That looks great! The color scheme in the lanai is cool/interesting.
Thanks Ludwig!  Yeah the colors on the lanai are very... Floridian... :lol We think we will be OK with them.  If not...out comes the paint.

I'm jelly Crimson! Congrats!
Thanks Brotha!!!!

Wow that’s awesome. And so cheap!

I thought I saw an alligator in the pool.
  What's sad is the price hikes in the last 1.5 years.  This house a year ago would have probably been around 75k less than we bought it for.  That's nutz!  But that's the market everywhere right now.  Even though our place isn't really near any water we will still watch out for the gators!  :lol

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2849 on: June 24, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
Congratulations Crimson!  Let use know when you Close and we'll send you some white shoes... make sure you wear them in all common areas.  :biggrin:  I'm looking for a Magic Pan nearby.

The Real Estate market is that insane even in my neck of Southwest VA... I'm seeing some things that I haven't seen since pre 2007 (escalation clauses, 20K-30K over asking price NOT winning the bid, etc).  FOMO is kicking in for certain and with rates where they are, I'm seeing some clients using all of their buying power just to make sure they get something.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2850 on: June 24, 2021, 12:35:26 PM »

Yeah the screens are a must to keep the bugs and other critters out.  Being surrounded by the empty lots is awesome from a privacy perspective.  The trade off is the critters that are surrounding us.  The old owners told us we will be pals with Raccooons, snakes, mice/rats, BOBCATS  :omg:.  As a matter of fact the gal said she has been out on the lanai and watched Bobcats just stroll through the backyard without a care in the world.  So having the screened in pool and lanai is a big plus.  I'm sure there will be a learning curve dealing with the critters.

You should buy yourself a trail cam or two and put them around your property. It's a fun hobby and you'll be amazed at the wildlife you'll see stroll though. Setting one up at the base of a bird feeder will yield a lot of good results.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2851 on: June 24, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »
I can tell you, the creatures in Florida are legit based on what my parents see since they moved there.

Also the time I found a black widow spider in my parents garage  :eek

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2852 on: June 24, 2021, 02:46:21 PM »

You should buy yourself a trail cam or two and put them around your property. It's a fun hobby and you'll be amazed at the wildlife you'll see stroll though. Setting one up at the base of a bird feeder will yield a lot of good results.

What do you know about them?

I'm hopefully moving here in about two weeks and the driveway is a good 1/4 mile long.  I'm thinking of a trail cam down near the end.  How does it transmit?  Wireless?   

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2853 on: June 26, 2021, 08:21:38 AM »

That could be fun!  Although... the Mrs. may not find it so intriguing  :lol  She is NOT a fan of some types of wildlife, like snakes.

Marc, Black widows are a staple here in SoCal.  I can walk out on my tiny condo patio right now and find one.  I had a guy at work years ago in the refinery that would go snatch a BW from it's lil low lying web at night and throw it into another BW web just to see them go at it.

Congratulations Crimson!  Let use know when you Close and we'll send you some white shoes... make sure you wear them in all common areas.  :biggrin:  I'm looking for a Magic Pan nearby.

The Real Estate market is that insane even in my neck of Southwest VA... I'm seeing some things that I haven't seen since pre 2007 (escalation clauses, 20K-30K over asking price NOT winning the bid, etc).  FOMO is kicking in for certain and with rates where they are, I'm seeing some clients using all of their buying power just to make sure they get something.
So true... the 2nd house we made an offer on was 31k over asking and a cash buyer (Damn flippers!) swooped in and got it.  Which now, I'm fine with because our place is much nicer, and cheaper.  You're right, for buyers there is a sense of desperation for sure right now.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2854 on: June 28, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
It all worked out for the best then!

FHFA is trying to "discourage" Investment and Second Home purchases to a degree with the new Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac restrictions regarding how many NOO (non owner occupied) properties that the GSEs will accept during any given month.  Rates are a bit higher for those types of transactions now. 

It isn't really working from what I've seen recently because those types of investors are just switching to cash purchases.  It is what it is...

Glad you snagged the one you wanted though! 
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2855 on: June 28, 2021, 01:05:58 PM »
From a local news source.

A new report from Redfin found that over 4,000 Seattle homes have sold for over $100,000 above asking price in 2021...

In total, 4,078 homes in Seattle sold for between $100,000 and $300,000 over asking this year. In that same period in 2020, that number was at 362. The average home in the Seattle area has sold for almost $48,000 over asking price in 2021, up from $3,025 last year.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2856 on: June 28, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »
Seller's market, for sure.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2857 on: June 28, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »

Everywhere.  Though, things seem to be cooling off a little around here.  Neighbour behind us had to drop their asking price, as they weren't getting hardly any nibbles.  In and around Toronto though, it's crazy.  It was bat-shit crazy a couple of months ago, now it's just Mariah Carey-crazy.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2858 on: June 28, 2021, 02:50:24 PM »
It was bat-shit crazy a couple of months ago, now it's just Mariah Carey-crazy.
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2859 on: June 28, 2021, 03:11:02 PM »

Everywhere.  Though, things seem to be cooling off a little around here.  Neighbour behind us had to drop their asking price, as they weren't getting hardly any nibbles.  In and around Toronto though, it's crazy.  It was bat-shit crazy a couple of months ago, now it's just Mariah Carey-crazy.

IDK. She's a F$%&ing train wreck. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2860 on: June 29, 2021, 08:50:27 AM »

IDK. She's a F$%&ing train wreck. Lol

I'm seeing more train wreck transactions that normal for certain... bad lip synch on New Year's Eve type transactions.  A good example would be a seller refusing to let the Appraiser inspect the property because they're receiving cash offers outside of the Realtor/Current Contract relationship.  If a transaction has gotten to the point that I'm ordering an appraisal, there is a legally binding Purchase Contract that cannot be voided unless there is a breach of the contract terms or both parties agree to void that sitting contract.  A seller can't just back-out of a ratified contract because they're receiving higher offers through FB.

In the case I mention above, the seller was hostile to the Appraiser and threatened him with bodily harm if he didn't leave the property (a first in my 20-years)... the Appraisal Management Company (these are another train wreck altogether) arbitrarily cancelled the order and is refusing to accept any other orders for this particular property.  The buyer, my client, is now suing the seller for performance and the Realtors involved are completely silent. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2861 on: June 29, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »
Judging by zillow, my house was going up like 4% every month for awhile and now it's only up 1% the last month.  Might be a sign the market is cooling off a bit locally.  Also two houses down for me just sold for the asking price (well, it's under contract so we will see) so another sign that maybe things are cooling down.  I can't believe people would buy a house without inspection.  I also can't believe so many people have large amounts of cash to afford to do this. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2862 on: June 29, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »
Judging by zillow, my house was going up like 4% every month for awhile and now it's only up 1% the last month.  Might be a sign the market is cooling off a bit locally.  Also two houses down for me just sold for the asking price (well, it's under contract so we will see) so another sign that maybe things are cooling down.  I can't believe people would buy a house without inspection.  I also can't believe so many people have large amounts of cash to afford to do this.
In the research we did the general consensus was the price increases would slow, but still trend up through '22.  Also, interest rates would slowly trend up.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2863 on: July 13, 2021, 09:00:50 PM »
So this just came up on my Youtube feed. I've never heard of Jeff Allen but I was fucking crying laughing for 40 minutes. It belongs in the Fogey Thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjhCC4sP4Q
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2864 on: August 23, 2021, 02:39:16 PM »
60!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2865 on: August 23, 2021, 02:41:23 PM »
Happy Birthday old man!

Welcome back!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2866 on: August 23, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »
Happy Birthday mate, great to see you.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2867 on: August 23, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
Happy birthday Gregg!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2868 on: August 23, 2021, 03:10:44 PM »
60!

I was literally just thinking yesterday, 'where the fuck has Gregg been??'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2869 on: August 23, 2021, 03:11:21 PM »
Bam..and like that, he's gone again.