Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 336720 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2730 on: December 10, 2020, 03:17:11 PM »
The Samporenas hey?  :lol

Bingo! :lol

and if that's not your last name... where tf did that come from?  :lol

It was on the template. i forgot to change it before ordering. that's the joke.

I did think WTF, I just thought there must have been a reason or I missed something.  Plus I was just being nice.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2731 on: December 10, 2020, 03:19:17 PM »
With Chad's, I figured out why the cat is so pissed.  He missed out on the family shot.  Can't blame him.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2732 on: December 10, 2020, 05:23:50 PM »
That’s the cat’s normal look. Cats are cunts.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2733 on: December 10, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
That’s the cat’s normal look. Cats are cunts.

Only to cunt owners.

Come at me brah.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2734 on: December 10, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »
Let's see a hat on your cat!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2735 on: December 10, 2020, 06:12:23 PM »
Cats are cunts.

So you fuck your cat? maybe that explains the look.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2736 on: December 10, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »
Whoever came up with those Christmas cards was brilliant. To think before that we had to actually pick out individual cards and take the time to write something. These you can make in 2 minutes and produce by the hundreds. My wife says she likes them because it helps her "keep in touch with people" when all they really say is 1) I am still alive and 2) I still have your mailing address.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2737 on: December 10, 2020, 07:58:02 PM »
And you're sending them out, right?   I would TOTALLY send those out just like they are. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2738 on: December 10, 2020, 08:00:42 PM »
And you're sending them out, right?   I would TOTALLY send those out just like they are.

Under intense pressure by me, my wife hasn't decided. :lol

She came home with a bunch of cards so I think her plan is to cut off the name and put them in the cards she bought.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #2739 on: December 10, 2020, 08:06:50 PM »
Who wouldn't want to be a Samporena? We should all be Samporenas next year. Who's in?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2740 on: December 10, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »
Who wouldn't want to be a Samporena? We should all be Samporenas next year. Who's in?

Apparently my family. :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2741 on: December 11, 2020, 06:29:53 AM »
So I roughhouse with my 3 year old son, and he has a habit of getting really aggressive and swinging his head backwards quickly in a reverse-headbutt move.  He's caught me several times in the jaw, which hurts like hell.  Last night, he was bouncing around the couch and as I went to grab him, he flung his body and head backwards, headbutting me in the throat with the back of his head, at full speed.  It felt like a legitimate throat-punch.  I was coughing and gagging and it hurt to swallow.  I'm sure it's a little swollen - it's a bit better this morning, about 12 hours after it happened.

Just another reminder that I'm 40 and as athletic and fit that I am, I can still be caught off guard.  Advil has become my best friend this year. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:03:37 AM by Grappler »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2742 on: December 11, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
THIS
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2743 on: December 11, 2020, 09:45:14 AM »

Under intense pressure by me, my wife hasn't decided. :lol

She came home with a bunch of cards so I think her plan is to cut off the name and put them in the cards she bought.

I guess it depends on who you're sending them to; I'm actually not kidding, though; my parents, my brother, my high school and college friends, they would 100% get the card that says "Samporenas" and I would make myself the butt of the joke.   I might have a second set for those I work with, or the wife's family that may not get the joke, but for those that know me, it'd be a hoot. 

(My friend did something like that a couple years ago; they took formal pictures for the family, and one came out with his big head and you could just get the sides of his wife and son beside him.   The "group" got that one - the funniest Christmas card I've ever received, hands down - and he had another one made up with the right picture - all three beautifully posed - for the rest.) 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2744 on: December 11, 2020, 10:01:49 AM »
Yes, some people are getting Christmas greetings from the Samporenas this year. ;D

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2745 on: December 12, 2020, 05:00:18 AM »
The Samporenas hey?  :lol

Bingo! :lol

Seppo's would have been more appropriate eh, Kade?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:57:54 PM by Podaar »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2746 on: December 15, 2020, 09:54:15 AM »
I realize now at age 37 I’ve been a part of this group since I was 22 or 23. It’s crazy lol. And that makes me old.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2747 on: March 05, 2021, 07:35:25 PM »
I figured this thread needed a bump and it seemed as good a thread as any to share some good news.

A month ago I had a very productive zoom call with my financial advisor.  I'm 57 and would like to retire at 59.5, 33 years with the company.  We hashed out the game plan and she said we were in great shape to do it, so we were looking at June of '23 for a retirement date.  We had a second meeting yesterday and the first thing I mentioned was that I wanted to actually up the amount I would bring home on a monthly basis.  She said the plan still worked well.  So just for shits and giggles I asked If the plan looks that good can I retire earlier?  She crunched the numbers and said.... You can go now if you want.  :omg:  So I've set a date for June 1st of this year!  We are so excited it's not even funny.  It's absolutely amazing to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Our plan is to move to Florida, probably the Port Charlotte area, from California.  The house search will start June 5th!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2748 on: March 05, 2021, 07:42:14 PM »
Damn, man! That's awesome!!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2749 on: March 05, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
Hot shit, that’s awesome. I just “met” with mine yesterday to update and make sure things are still on track - 7ish years to go.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2750 on: March 05, 2021, 07:46:10 PM »
My guy is on medical leave until April 1st. We are looking at 4 years of college right now. I think we can do it loan free.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: March 05, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
Hot shit, that’s awesome. I just “met” with mine yesterday to update and make sure things are still on track - 7ish years to go.
  Hopefully it will fly by for you Bro!!! 

Damn, man! That's awesome!!
Yeah it is!  We are so pumped.  Working nightshift right now, tried to sleep this afternoon... no frikken way  :lol  Billion thoughts shooting through my lil pea brain.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2752 on: March 05, 2021, 08:19:43 PM »
Jealous!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2753 on: March 05, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »
I figured this thread needed a bump and it seemed as good a thread as any to share some good news.

A month ago I had a very productive zoom call with my financial advisor.  I'm 57 and would like to retire at 59.5, 33 years with the company.  We hashed out the game plan and she said we were in great shape to do it, so we were looking at June of '23 for a retirement date.  We had a second meeting yesterday and the first thing I mentioned was that I wanted to actually up the amount I would bring home on a monthly basis.  She said the plan still worked well.  So just for shits and giggles I asked If the plan looks that good can I retire earlier?  She crunched the numbers and said.... You can go now if you want.  :omg:  So I've set a date for June 1st of this year!  We are so excited it's not even funny.  It's absolutely amazing to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Our plan is to move to Florida, probably the Port Charlotte area, from California.  The house search will start June 5th!

Wow, that's excellent mate.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #2754 on: March 05, 2021, 10:44:29 PM »

Wow, congrats!

I must say that my situation has several parallels with yours, with the main difference being that you had the benefit of choice and timely decision-making. You might call mine a forced retirement.

I'm 57 and got laid off last year (at 56) from the bank I worked at for 33 years. Before that, I always looked at 62 as the magic # for my retirement, so when I got let go it was a bit of a jolt (even though it was somewhat expected). I felt the need to jump right back into the workforce, but several factors derailed that idea. For one thing, no Wall Street bank is looking to hire a 57 year old dude. For another, any job I do happen to land in the industry would come at a big pay cut. To top it off, practically all the big bank/financial companies are fleeing NYC to operate in smaller, less expensive cities.

So I plowed my entire severance into the market, took a long hard look at my finances and determined that I could swing the earlier-than-planned retirement. Last month, we picked out a 55+ retirement community in the Tampa Bay Area and will move there from Long Island when our house is finished, hopefully around this time next year 2022.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2755 on: March 06, 2021, 04:32:06 AM »
That's pretty good news too, Gord.  When I was exited and took my mid-life retirement (I was only 45 at the time), my team-mate who was 52 found himself in the same position.  He'd been targeting 54-55 for retirement, so had to crunch some things and make a few adjustments, but was able to pull the trigger on retirement.  I was absolutely thrilled for him.  We still keep in touch periodically, and he's doing great.  I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Lucky bastards!  Pretty soon we're gonna need a "retirement" thread here.   :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: March 06, 2021, 05:53:49 AM »

Wow, congrats!

I must say that my situation has several parallels with yours, with the main difference being that you had the benefit of choice and timely decision-making. You might call mine a forced retirement.

I'm 57 and got laid off last year (at 56) from the bank I worked at for 33 years. Before that, I always looked at 62 as the magic # for my retirement, so when I got let go it was a bit of a jolt (even though it was somewhat expected). I felt the need to jump right back into the workforce, but several factors derailed that idea. For one thing, no Wall Street bank is looking to hire a 57 year old dude. For another, any job I do happen to land in the industry would come at a big pay cut. To top it off, practically all the big bank/financial companies are fleeing NYC to operate in smaller, less expensive cities.

So I plowed my entire severance into the market, took a long hard look at my finances and determined that I could swing the earlier-than-planned retirement. Last month, we picked out a 55+ retirement community in the Tampa Bay Area and will move there from Long Island when our house is finished, hopefully around this time next year 2022.
Well it sounds like at the end of the day you're good!!!  That's awesome!  Hell, we're gonna be neighbors! (1.5-2hr drive)  Are you building a new home or doing a remodel?

That's pretty good news too, Gord.  When I was exited and took my mid-life retirement (I was only 45 at the time), my team-mate who was 52 found himself in the same position.  He'd been targeting 54-55 for retirement, so had to crunch some things and make a few adjustments, but was able to pull the trigger on retirement.  I was absolutely thrilled for him.  We still keep in touch periodically, and he's doing great.  I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Lucky bastards!  Pretty soon we're gonna need a "retirement" thread here.   :lol
It's amazing how things seem to work out.  I guess we plan conservatively, which as it turns out isn't a bad thing!  Yeah, I almost created a retirement thread last night then thought just throw it in with the Old Bastards  :lol

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #2757 on: March 06, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »

Yeah Chad, it seems the mid-50s is kind of a no-man's land where agism kicks in and you can find yourself stuck between the need/desire to keep working and companies looking to give you the big boot in favor of younger/cheaper talent. Thanks for the thought!

Well it sounds like at the end of the day you're good!!!  That's awesome!  Hell, we're gonna be neighbors! (1.5-2hr drive)  Are you building a new home or doing a remodel?

We're building in a brand new development that's about a half-hour from downtown Tampa. Coming from the NYC area, we wanted to stay close to a major city. We did check into several places along the gulf coast, from Ft Myers to Sarasota and Bradenton. We also had the benefit of getting advice from a former LI neighbor who had relocated to Bonita Springs and we ended up using the same builder they did.

How did you pick Port Charlotte? Good luck with your search!

"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2758 on: March 06, 2021, 05:20:49 PM »
This retirement talk is fucking with me.

I'm 52 and have never really given a thought abut retirement. I mean, we'll be prepared financially, but I'm talking in terms of stopping working.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2759 on: March 06, 2021, 07:01:19 PM »

Yeah Chad, it seems the mid-50s is kind of a no-man's land where agism kicks in and you can find yourself stuck between the need/desire to keep working and companies looking to give you the big boot in favor of younger/cheaper talent. Thanks for the thought!

We're building in a brand new development that's about a half-hour from downtown Tampa. Coming from the NYC area, we wanted to stay close to a major city. We did check into several places along the gulf coast, from Ft Myers to Sarasota and Bradenton. We also had the benefit of getting advice from a former LI neighbor who had relocated to Bonita Springs and we ended up using the same builder they did.

How did you pick Port Charlotte? Good luck with your search!
Wow!  Sounds like you guys have a great plan.  Port Charlotte up to Bradenton is our next research stop.  We did the Atlantic coast research last year.  Cape Coral was a consideration till I started going through all their city ordinances.  Not being allowed to park a boat anywhere on your property was a sure deal breaker for us.  From all the research I've done from Cali, it seems Englewood or Venice would be top of our list, Port Charlotte is a little more affordable as far as how much home you get for your money.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2760 on: March 06, 2021, 07:02:10 PM »
My parents live in Cape Coral.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2761 on: March 06, 2021, 07:39:55 PM »
My parents live in Cape Coral.
I thought it was gonna be a legit option till I ran into the ordinances :(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2762 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:16 PM »
Awesome news for all you retirees and soon to be retirees.  I can't really fathom the idea of no longer working

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2763 on: March 06, 2021, 09:38:28 PM »
Awesome news for all you retirees and soon to be retirees.  I can't really fathom the idea of no longer working
Just because you love to stay busy with work? 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2764 on: March 07, 2021, 06:06:44 AM »
Just because you love to stay busy with work?

Prolly cuz he's still in his 30s.   :lol