Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 335407 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club 30&Over/A.K.A, Obscure, Lonestar Lovefest!
« Reply #1295 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:02 AM »
So, my oldest daughter turns 16 today.  I feel older than normal.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1296 on: June 30, 2012, 04:41:57 AM »
Time sure does fly hef.

Me 23 year old nephew is moving in with us next week.  I'm feeling old too. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1297 on: June 30, 2012, 05:43:28 AM »
I know what you mean.

We are planning a big blowout bash for her this evening.  Luau-themed.  Lots of crazy-ass decorations, some barbecue, lots of music.  Of course, this is all supposed to be outside.

Of course, we are having a heat wave, and the forecast is for a record high of 103.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1298 on: June 30, 2012, 05:48:34 AM »
16 huh Hef?  Wow.  How has she evolved as a teenager?  I've heard some colleagues with some horror stories how their sweet young baby daughter turned into a sassy lad with attitude as ripe as the day is long.

I'm not sure whether it's a function of having kids, or just a function of getting older, but WHERE THE HELL DOES TIME GO???  Seriously, each month, season, year just seems to go by so much faster than it did when I was a kid, or even in my teens and 20s.  My kids are 12 in a 5 weeks.  Only 5 more years before they'll be going to higher education (hopefully jingle.son has got it in him   :D kidding... he's pretty talented with digital animation at 11 years old).

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1299 on: June 30, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »
I have no complaints about my daughter.  She is very humble and we have very few problems with her.  She has a great sense of humor and is extremely intelligent - she just finished her sophomore year of high school ranked # 1 in her class, and has been accepted at the North Carolina School of Science & Mathematics, where she will spend her junior & senior years.  She is also a gifted musician, playing piano, bass, and various percussion instruments.  She also dabbles in guitar and violin.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1300 on: June 30, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »
Jackpot dude.  Nice to hear that.  Gives me hope  :laugh:  Both my kids made the honor roll in 1st and 2nd term this year.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1301 on: June 30, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »
I'm not sure whether it's a function of having kids, or just a function of getting older, but WHERE THE HELL DOES TIME GO???  Seriously, each month, season, year just seems to go by so much faster than it did when I was a kid, or even in my teens and 20s.  My kids are 12 in a 5 weeks.  Only 5 more years before they'll be going to higher education (hopefully jingle.son has got it in him   :D kidding... he's pretty talented with digital animation at 11 years old).

COME AT ME BRO.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1302 on: June 30, 2012, 06:32:06 AM »

COME AT ME BRO.

Get yo ass outta the fogey thread you 20-something!

Although, according to your physical ailments, you fit in just fine even with us 40+ uber-fogeys

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1303 on: June 30, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »
Spending the week at the beach has only re-re-re-re-reaffirmed to me that my son is amazing.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1304 on: June 30, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »

COME AT ME BRO.

Get yo ass outta the fogey thread you 20-something!

Although, according to your physical ailments, you fit in just fine even with us 40+ uber-fogeys

All of the intelligence and common sense of a 10 year old, with the feeble old body of a 50 year old. I am a man of two worlds, yet of neither.
Sorry for the interruption. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1305 on: June 30, 2012, 06:48:37 AM »
I have no complaints about my daughter.  She is very humble and we have very few problems with her.  She has a great sense of humor and is extremely intelligent - she just finished her sophomore year of high school ranked # 1 in her class, and has been accepted at the North Carolina School of Science & Mathematics, where she will spend her junior & senior years.  She is also a gifted musician, playing piano, bass, and various percussion instruments.  She also dabbles in guitar and violin.

You must be so proud.  Enjoy the day with your family Hef.

Blob, picking fights you can win!  Why don't you pick on somebody your age?!  Well not me though.  I'm too old to fight. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1306 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:57 AM »
Your a blessed man, Heff!
My daughter has very similar attributes. She is a straight A student. She plays violin and is in drama club. She is a ham like her dad. Love my kid! She is entering 7th grade in the fall.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1307 on: June 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
I am very blessed indeed.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1308 on: June 30, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »
My oldest just graduated HS  middle guy will be going into his junior year and my youngest just turned 13

Middle guy already started his own company at 16 ( promotions) has backers willing to invest mucho $$$ he was smart enough to get alot of these dubstep artists on board before this stuff broke big

Hes done some video work 3d rendering for some artists and has his college all lined up already
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1309 on: June 30, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »
My oldest just graduated HS  middle guy will be going into his junior year and my youngest just turned 13

Middle guy already started his own company at 16 ( promotions) has backers willing to invest mucho $$$ he was smart enough to get alot of these dubstep artists on board before this stuff broke big

Hes done some video work 3d rendering for some artists and has his college all lined up already

Hot damn that is awesome.  Until my brother just had his first baby, my youngest niece or nephew is 19.  I seems like yesterday, I put my nephew's diaper on wrong.  Were the hell did the time go?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1310 on: June 30, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
Love braggin time. Mine just graduated HS with highest honors, a slough of scholorships that will pay for 90% of college at Ithica University where she will study communication and voice. In a NY statewide singing competition, she finished second, and had the lead in her school musical three out of the four years she was there, in her senior year, she directed it instead. Very proud papa.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1311 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
:clap:

Very tired.  Birthday party now over and most of the cleanup is done.  Time for bed.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1312 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
I have step grandkids....... jeebus how did I get so old???? :facepalm:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1313 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »
Wow, I think you might have just won the fogey award.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: July 01, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »
Wow, I think you might have just won the fogey award.

I'm scratchin my head thinking... how the hell did this happen??? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1315 on: July 01, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »
I was doing the same shit watching my daughter get her diploma.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1316 on: July 01, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »
Just read back... graduated with honors!!  Well Done !!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1317 on: July 01, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
Yup, off to college in two months.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1318 on: July 01, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »
Awesome, Amigo  :tup  Well done...well done!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1319 on: July 01, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »
She did all the work, such a dedicated kid, I have no idea where she got it since both her mother and I are huge flakes. :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1320 on: July 01, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »
I don't buy that Bro... didn't you go to Culinary school??  Regardless....... your a hard working success!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1321 on: July 01, 2012, 01:15:18 AM »
Not that, we both are just flakes when it comes to planning and organizing our lives, whereas the kid is so detail oriented and builds for the future without any prodding or pushing, so unlike her parents. Trust me, I'm not complaining by any means, It's a dream to be able to go to your kid and ask her "did you take care of ______ yet", and she just rolls her eyes and says she got it done two weeks ago.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1322 on: July 01, 2012, 01:18:26 AM »
 :lol  I hear ya.  You're fortunate for sure, to have a kid so well grounded and sharp!

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1323 on: July 02, 2012, 07:37:29 AM »
You're awesome Hef. period.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1324 on: July 02, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
So my 9 year old is finally interested in baseball. We've been Playing catch outside. What does that have to do with the Fogey thread? Nothing except that I was looking at my glove and the signature that was printed on it.... Ron Guidry! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1325 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
Love braggin time. Mine just graduated HS with highest honors, a slough of scholorships that will pay for 90% of college at Ithica University where she will study communication and voice. In a NY statewide singing competition, she finished second, and had the lead in her school musical three out of the four years she was there, in her senior year, she directed it instead. Very proud papa.
Awesome! :tup
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »
So my 9 year old is finally interested in baseball. We've been Playing catch outside. What does that have to do with the Fogey thread? Nothing except that I was looking at my glove and the signature that was printed on it.... Ron Guidry! :lol

Are you legally allowed to own one of those in your neck of the woods?  I would think it could lead to a lynching if news got out

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1327 on: July 02, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »
Okay guys need some advice here...

As you know I have 3 teen boys , since my ex passed back in April the 3 of them have been going at each other like cats and dogs . I go to bed between 9:30 pm and 10 pm since I get up for work at 4am. Being thats its there summer vacation I allow them to stay up , last night I get woken up at 1am. My 16 yr old and 13 yr old are going at it full out brawl, the 16 yr old outweights his younger brother by a good 70 lbs I come out of my room fucking steamed, grab the 16 year old and literally throw him across the room off his brother, he rapped himself pretty good against the wall. I told him I'm sick of the shit and its going to stop now, he turned around and said I just abused him and if I every lay another hand on him he will report me to the authorities.

Did I over react ? YES but at this point I'm so sick of the bickering and fighting I really don't know what to do

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1328 on: July 02, 2012, 12:28:26 PM »
Damn man, tough situation. First a good heart to heart with the 16 year old would seem right, apologize and make him try to understand where it was coming from, that you are just so frustrated with the fighting. I would think a good talk amongst all of you would be helpful too, try to build on the loss that all of you are feeling in a positive manner. I am totally unfamiliar with a lot of the dynamics, having just one kid. Maybe seek advice in the program too, there is a ton of wisdom there as both of us know. Good luck bud.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1329 on: July 02, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
Not at all.  I think he is acting out.  Sit down and talk with him about their mom and how they need to be a family and not battling.

As for the abuse.  Nip that in the bud right away.  Tell him the consiqences if he did that and how it could separate the family, literally!!  Them him there are repercussions for throwing out a word like abuse so frivolously that could lead to the kids living in foster homes and not together.  Thell them you know how hard it is right now that they don't have their mom but they need to pull together as a family to get through this tough time.

Tell them "You" need then as much as their need you right now.