Author Topic: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023  (Read 3620 times)

Offline billboy73

Re: My Comic Book Coming Out in March 2023
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2023, 07:50:38 AM »
Nice! Didn't make it to my LCS yesterday, but I will grab it today.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2023, 11:35:24 AM »
Nice! Didn't make it to my LCS yesterday, but I will grab it today.

Wow, I appreciate the support!!!  :hefdaddy  Today I'm going to a string of stores in the Orange County area to find copies "in the wild."  Days like today is what its all about. I choose a new area in Southern California to hunt in comic stores I've never been to before on release week for each new issue. 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2023, 12:56:24 PM »
UPDATE:  Issue #4 will be in stores tomorrow December 6th!!!  Follow Winston as he ventures into the Infinite Incomplete, the realm containing the unfinished parts of the universe and other works-in-progress on The Maker's to-do list.

ALSO:  Miracle Kingdom has been nominated for a 2023 REMMI Award for Best Scout Book.  The REMMI's are hosted by the We Have Issues podcast, huge supporters of major and indie comics of all kinds.  Ballots are open for voting, and I'd love to have your vote.  here is the link: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFOobDvFNwlmO6bR0b99ogcjIoQdJRXlLeLKaijQ4CFRhFRA/viewform

The listing for Best Scout Book is about half-way through the document.  I'd really appreciate anyone casting a vote my way!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2023, 03:11:44 PM »
Wow, congratulations!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2023, 08:00:05 AM »
I'd be happy to vote, and anyway, I have enjoyed it so far!  I will go pickup issue 4 at lunch today!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2023, 08:10:50 AM »
I'm not into comics at all, but I visited this thread a couple of times (it's always fascinating for me to see what the fellow DTFers do IRL, which is also why I follow Orbert's thread in the Musicians sub-forum), and for what it's worth, I placed my vote for your series. Good luck!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2023, 12:35:16 PM »
I'd be happy to vote, and anyway, I have enjoyed it so far!  I will go pickup issue 4 at lunch today!

Awesome - thanks x2!! Glad that you are liking the series.  It's my first comic script ever, so it was a challenge to learn the nuance of telling a story in comic book format. Appreciate the support!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2023, 12:37:33 PM »
I'm not into comics at all, but I visited this thread a couple of times (it's always fascinating for me to see what the fellow DTFers do IRL, which is also why I follow Orbert's thread in the Musicians sub-forum), and for what it's worth, I placed my vote for your series. Good luck!

Wow - thanks!  The DTF Community is very supportive of each other in all facets, from music, to life, to everything, which is really cool and inspiring to be a part of.  Thanks for the vote!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
I voted too.

Where's my sticker?   :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2023, 05:22:37 PM »
I voted too.

Where's my sticker?   :biggrin:

Uh oh, no room in the budget for stickers,  :lol  but I do owe you big time!  Thanks for the continued support!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2024, 08:57:55 PM »
Any fans of artist Martin Morazzo (Ice Cream Man) out there?  Martin made this deliciously sinister variant cover for Miracle Kingdom issue #5:

We had a great time bringing this unsettling visual concept to life.  This variant cover can only be purchased via the Scout Comics website and is available now (while this limited print run lasts):

https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/miracle-kingdom/products/miracle-kingdom-5-webstore-exclusive-cover

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2024, 09:12:50 PM »
And finally. . . Issue 5 will be in stores on January 10.  Featuring a two-sided wrap-around cover, Winston’s dogged quest to solve the mystery behind Lester’s miracles reaches its pivotal moment of truth. However, the final showdown takes an astonishing turn, testing Winston’s faith in the heavenly system itself.

Thank you DTF for supporting my first venture into comic book making.  It's been a long, process with some challenges, but my team delivered some top notch work and I couldn't be prouder of their efforts.  Thank you for taking a chance in discovering this new series!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2024, 10:33:30 AM »
Finally got by my local shop last Friday to pick up # 3 and 4.  Looking forward to # 5!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2024, 02:51:01 PM »
Finally got by my local shop last Friday to pick up # 3 and 4.  Looking forward to # 5!

You're the best!!! Thanks, Hef! 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2024, 02:09:21 PM »
Finally picked up the finale.  As you can see, I am not a regular comics buyer.

Nice job on wrapping it up.  Also leaving room for another series if possible.  I hope this was successful and fulfilling for you!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 06:19:26 PM »
Finally picked up the finale.  As you can see, I am not a regular comics buyer.

Nice job on wrapping it up.  Also leaving room for another series if possible.  I hope this was successful and fulfilling for you!

Sorry just saw your comment now.  As you can see, I'm not a regular in the DTF General section.   :lol

Appreciate the positive feedback, Hef!  Yes, there is more story to be told [especially if we close a television series deal, of which there has been some serious sniffing around].  Fingers crossed on that.

There is no better feeling than going to a comic store you've never been to before and finding your work on the shelves.  That alone has been reward enough.  That, and having folks like yourself take a chance with the series.  Thanks a ton for your support!!! Also had plenty of amazing interactions talking to people at the few conventions where I've tabled. 

From Portland:

To Pasadenda:

Here's a peek at an unreleased variant cover for Issue #3:

I'm scripting my next project (which will be a limited horror series).  More on that in good time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2024, 08:58:09 AM »
That's awesome!  I'm so happy for you! 

Good luck on your future writing, and on the potential TV deal!

Offline billboy73

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2024, 12:07:16 PM »
Awesome to hear about a potential tv deal.  I went back and read Miracle Kingdom again a few weeks back. 

I'll definitely be in for a horror series from you, so keep us in the loop!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2024, 10:01:45 PM »
Awesome to hear about a potential tv deal.  I went back and read Miracle Kingdom again a few weeks back. 

I'll definitely be in for a horror series from you, so keep us in the loop!

:hefdaddy