Author Topic: Where is Portnoy?  (Read 5622 times)

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
Where is Portnoy?
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:36:22 PM »
Here's a neat little DVD bootleg from '93 that I decided to share with y'all:

*temporary snip, will explain in post below*

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:24:23 PM by Nick »

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
Re: Where is Portnoy?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:20:32 PM »
I don't get it...
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:25:33 PM »
Perfey, I appreciate the share, but Dreamrafa (the person who authored that show) is a friend of mine and I don't know if he would like a downgraded quality rip of it on youtube, but then again he might. I am going to check with him, and either let you know to put the link back in or eventually erase this.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »
Okay, here is the response, if you do as asked you may put the link back in, thanks for sharing. :)

"[17:52] <[SP]Dreamrafa> i wouldn't mind if they point that there is a superior quality available and provide credit to me, and contact info"
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
Okay, here is the response, if you do as asked you may put the link back in, thanks for sharing. :)

"[17:52] <[SP]Dreamrafa> i wouldn't mind if they point that there is a superior quality available and provide credit to me, and contact info"

How would we go about getting the lossless version? From the little bit I watched of Metropolis it seemed awesome... maybe someone could torrent it or start a vine? I'd definietly be interested in getting the lossless version, is it being traded or anything?

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:26 AM »
Ah okey, didnt know that Nick, Im sorry  :-[. But I thought about it and decided that I thought it was nice to upload it even though its downgraded in quality, at least for me the sound and the quality is watchable. Can I share it on here if I have the correct info on the song descriptions and give credit to Dreamrafa,? If he really wants too, I can remove the show, or try to upload it with higher quality.

Edit: have added credits "credit to Dreamrafa" on all videos, don't know if thats enough though  :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:35:25 PM by perfey »

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »
Hi!, its really not a problem for me that you upload the dvd, there are few issues that bothers me tough...

The principal issue is, that someone could download the video from youtube, reencode it to DVD and then trade it or share it, that way we get circulating a horrible copy of the show, damaging the complete trading circle... I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, this happends a lot, just like many people reencode mp3 to flac and share them as "lossles" material.

So you are free to post it on youtube, but please writte an explicit advice of no re-encoding...

If someone wants a complete lossles version, you can start a vine or trade or private torrent (please avoid to torrent it on mininova or similar sites), dimeadozen and such are ok.

I have authored and edited this dvd with audio from an FM broadcast, an i have done the same to many others shows (some you can actually SEE MP playing LOL), i dont bother much for the credit itself, but if some taper or trader watch the video and is interested in my masters i would like that they could contact me for trading, so just add my email also dreamrafa@hotmail.com

Thats it
Cheers!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:50 PM »
Thanks for registering and providing all the info. :)

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:45 PM »
If someone wants a complete lossles version, you can start a vine or trade or private torrent (please avoid to torrent it on mininova or similar sites), dimeadozen and such are ok.

Out of curiosity, why? To me the goal of bootlegs is to have as many people see them as possible.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »
I can't speak as to Dreamrafa's goal, but that is not the goal of bootlegs, it is simply what you'd like to see done with them (as you said). Generally people want to keep them off the random bit-torrent sites because if they go on there they are going to go to a ton of people who will degrade the quality and spread the inferior quality around.

Sure, on bootleg torrent sites those people do unfortunately lurk, but the number of them is far less.

There are those tapers out there who pretty much throw a show out there and try to send it as far as possible, but then again there are a lot of people who put a lot of time, money, and effort into taping and producing shows and they want the end result to go to those who will respect the effort by not degrading the show.

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
I can't speak as to Dreamrafa's goal, but that is not the goal of bootlegs, it is simply what you'd like to see done with them (as you said). Generally people want to keep them off the random bit-torrent sites because if they go on there they are going to go to a ton of people who will degrade the quality and spread the inferior quality around.

Sure, on bootleg torrent sites those people do unfortunately lurk, but the number of them is far less.

There are those tapers out there who pretty much throw a show out there and try to send it as far as possible, but then again there are a lot of people who put a lot of time, money, and effort into taping and producing shows and they want the end result to go to those who will respect the effort by not degrading the show.

Exactly, if you post the dvd on mininova or thepiratebay, there is 100% probability that there will be a vcd or divx version next week, and 100% sure there will be tones of reeconded DVDs from vcds... thats not the goal of collecting bootlegs  ;)

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 12:15:29 AM »
Aaa, thanks for all the info Dreamrafa!, very nice of you to register and post here :tup. This is what I put in the description field on the videos:

"Credit to Dreamrafa.

Do not download download this video from youtube, re-encode it to DVD and then trade it or share it since that could damage the complete trading circle.

Contact dreamrafa@hotmail.com if you are a trader or taper and is interested in his masters, he would like that you contact him for trading."

It was very informative what you said, I've got a better understanding of how it works now and what tapers/trades want. But then it's just to hope that the worst not happens and someone downloads the videos and begin to share them. If the worst happens I put the videos down, but then its to late I'm afraid. I'm very new to the encoding from .vob to .avi files and then edit them so some of the editing on the videos I've put up is not so good, mostly on the songs WFS, TTT, TLF. So them I'm gonna re-edit and put up on again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:32:11 AM by perfey »

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »
I just wanted to update anyone checking into this thread, that if you want to see a song/or the whole bootleg just check into my account on YouTube which is:

https://www.youtube.com/my_playlists or just search on Sylrim.

Here's one example, Eve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHTwqyJK0Q8&feature=PlayList&p=2B90416134457E05&index=12
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:36:37 AM by perfey »

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 01:38:33 PM »
A quick upgrade on this topic...

I have uploaded this DVD to www.jamtothis.com so anyone interested can grab it from there... Its a free legal torrent site.

So check it out, i'll be uploading more DT dvd bootlegs there in a way of commemorate the leaving of MP from the band...

Regards!
Rafael.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »
lol @ thread title
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42