Author Topic: Humans (TV Show)  (Read 8375 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Humans (TV Show)
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2016, 07:50:58 AM »
Not too far away, but it's relatively far behind the UK (and Oz), which makes a discussion thread even more of a pain than it was last season when it was a couple of weeks difference. Also, I don't think the show did amazingly in the US, and not having any episodes air in 2016 is not great for picking up any momentum. This show deserves more viewers!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2016, 08:30:49 AM »
Agreed.  I loved the first season.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2016, 02:47:52 AM »
Is anyone else up to date with this? Either way, possibly spoilers ahead.

A lot of interesting things going on.
I'm glad Odi is back and is with the family. He was one of my favourite characters from the first season. Endearing in a dumb robot kind of way.
Hester is a loose cannon. I hope she goes on a killing spree. :lol It's interesting seeing these newly conscious synths trying to understand the world and develop a sense of morality.
I'm curious about how the court case with Niska will go. There was a court case in the original Real Humans too, although a little different.
The plot with people pretending to be synths is also one I recognize from Real Humans. They had synth parties and everything!
Mia/Anita is apparently crap at pretending to be a robot. SHE CARES TOO MUCH.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »
Is anyone else up to date with this? Either way, possibly spoilers ahead.

A lot of interesting things going on.
I'm glad Odi is back and is with the family. He was one of my favourite characters from the first season. Endearing in a dumb robot kind of way.
Hester is a loose cannon. I hope she goes on a killing spree. :lol It's interesting seeing these newly conscious synths trying to understand the world and develop a sense of morality.
I'm curious about how the court case with Niska will go. There was a court case in the original Real Humans too, although a little different.
The plot with people pretending to be synths is also one I recognize from Real Humans. They had synth parties and everything!
Mia/Anita is apparently crap at pretending to be a robot. SHE CARES TOO MUCH.

Just finished season 2, America is a tad behind on release. Man, Hester was a psycho! Knew it early on but she only got worse and worse. Glad to see her get what was coming to her in the end.

I don't see how Leo is repairable. But, who knows.

That storyline of 'v' and the program of her kid was a bit heartbreaking and neat all at the same time. Raises an interesting question as to how you'd interpret life? That 'consciousness' can seemingly live forever, or as long as there's humanity around to keep a network in place yet it'll never truly live. I'm curious as to if that's the last we will see if that entity?

The ending sequence was straight out of a zombie movie, pure chaos. Can't wait to see where the show goes from there.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »
Yeah, just a tad behind. :neverusethis:
I really hope the show gets renewed, because I want to see where they'll go from that ending!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2017, 12:58:41 PM »
Yeah, just a tad behind. :neverusethis:
I really hope the show gets renewed, because I want to see where they'll go from that ending!

Saw that this was renewed for  Season Three   :metal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
Yeah, I saw the FB page mention it on April 1 and assumed it was an April Fools Day joke, but was pleasantly surprised to find out it was legit. I'd like them to do more seasons after that, but I don't think the ratings are very good.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:48 AM »
I'm so late to the party! I finished watching season 2 a month or two ago.

I'm not sure where they're gonna go from here, having all the synths go conscious at ones looked to me lime it was going to end the series because it seems like a titanic thing to process.

That bitch Hester got what she deserved, I think she was way to belligerent and caused too many problems just to give the writers conflicts to develop the series and while I understand that her background somewhat justifies her behavior I still think it's a bit extreme.
As Drake said, all the v story is incredibly heartbreaking but it's also very interesting for the future because I think she will have a huge part in the human-synth relationship going forward.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
Season 3 aired last night, anyone catch it? It appears this show is taking a pretty dark turn and stark look at sterotypes.....mob rule....etc etc.....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »
Third episode has aired for the UK (and thus me :P ). This season is definitely all about the racism allegory. I like how the storyline with Karen and her synth kid is progressing so far too (not too much of that in the first episode).

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
Yeah really good season so far. They've gone a bit overboard with the abuse that humans immediately and relentlessly give synths, which I think makes it feel a bit less believable, but otherwise the narrative is really interesting so far.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »
Yeah really good season so far. They've gone a bit overboard with the abuse that humans immediately and relentlessly give synths, which I think makes it feel a bit less believable, but otherwise the narrative is really interesting so far.

It does go a bit extreme, but I can mostly accept it due to the high number of accidental deaths that occurred when they became sentient that has been spun into propaganda, and the amount of time that's passed for people to have been swayed a certain way.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
I like how the storyline with Karen and her synth kid is progressing so far too (not too much of that in the first episode).

yeah, I'm looking forward to that story line. She's a fascinating character

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2018, 11:38:41 PM »
Just finished the season up. Wow. That really took a turn the last few episodes. I was hoping Mia wasn’t going to die but saw it coming. It’s set up to be an interesting next season for sure.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2018, 06:06:09 AM »
There's a season 3? I thought this had ended at 2. Why the hell would you spoil the ending without warning!!!!!?????

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2018, 07:09:35 AM »
There's a season 3? I thought this had ended at 2. Why the hell would you spoil the ending without warning!!!!!?????

I was assuming there was a season four coming ....I hadn’t heard that it was cancelled?

And, sorry about the spoil....I really am. I didn’t really think about going small font being that most of the guys talking about the show in here were weeks/months ahead of American viewing. If it makes you feel better that’s the least, most insignificant ‘spoil’ of season three. A bunch of cool stuff happens.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2018, 07:35:53 AM »

I was assuming there was a season four coming ....I hadn’t heard that it was cancelled?

It hasn't been cancelled, pretty sure he just meant the ending of the season.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »
Don't my word on that, but I remember when season 2 ended there was discussion whether there would be a season 3 or not since at the time it hadn't been announced. Anyways, I'll have to find time to watch this one as I find it to be an interesting take on the whole what being a human means.