Author Topic: 2015-06-25 Metropolis Fest (Minsk, Belarus) ROLL CALL & REVIEWS!  (Read 21863 times)

Offline Voices

• Like a scream but sort of silent.
Re: 2015-06-25 Metropolis Fest (Minsk, Belarus) ROLL CALL & REVIEWS!
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »
Any clips from ACOS or Behind The Veil? I'm curious to watch those.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »
Anyway, my 2 cents about the show. My first DT show, hopefully not the last.
It wasn't really a festival, more like a regular show with 3 support bands (25, 25 and 40 minute sets). It was indoors.
<snip>
A Change of Seasons Part something (don't remember which part, about 2 minutes long, attached to the end of CIAW as a medley)
Hey fillow - thanks for sharing your experience! By chance have you managed to recall what section of ACoS they played? Did it have vocals or was it instrumental? Perhaps part VII (The Crimson Sunset)? It would seem odd to me for them to play any other section other than part VII and not segue immediately into another track (unless they did, going into BMS).

Was BMS the album version or did it contain part of Hell's Kitchen (which would be the original demo version)?

And what were the names of the support bands and the venue itself?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »
Setlist.FM had it as The Crimson Sunrise.

Damn if that's not the biggest tease!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »
Leprous is one of the support bands. Did not expect that  :metal
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2015, 02:24:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWqb8a02jw  :o :o WOW this was AWESOME!! I wish I could see more of the concert because they really nailed this song. What a great way to start the show, Afterlife then this.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:18 AM »
Good to see Mangini really owning this song. He looks very comfortable right now.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2015, 04:37:49 AM »
Nice - I just wish JP would toughen up the sound for those chugga riffs - always sounds so tinny.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2015, 06:43:20 AM »
Hi everyone. I was at the show. I was gonna to start posting here yesterday, but man, registration at this forum sucks. I mean, a captcha, 3 DT-questions AND an admin approve? Jesus. Waited for the latest the whole day yesterday.
Sorry.  We have found it necessary.

Thanks for sharing!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline unrealxxx

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:08 AM »
I like the setlist very much, but I hope, that DT will change it a little every now and then, just for more songs to have chance to be heard. I think that a perfect setlist is an unique one. Dream theater songs are long and extremely hard to play, so I understand that there can't be a new setlist every show, but if it was kept updated, unlike last year, I would be pleased. It's strange that some bands keep playing the same set for a whole year, while others keep changing it as much as possible. But playing one song from each album is great.

Offline Vilmar

« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
Whoa, this takes a while (almost 2 days!) to be approved here ^^

This was one hell of a show. Leprous was a discovery for me, these Norwegians are ridiculously awesome. As for DT - well, we have been waiting for 30 years, and we got ourselves an opening gig at the 30th anniversary tour (got myself a T-shirt)  :) The setlist was to my liking, a lot of songs that I favour (Afterlife as a first song, hell yea!), and the crowd was really excited to be there. I hope DT come back with the new album tour as James promised.

The only negative thing was the lack of communication with the fans. There were no M&G/VIP packages, no authograph sessions, and after the show the guys were so in a hurry that they barely signed anything for a small group of people that decided to wait for them.

But anyhow, the show was awesome, and I hope the band liked us enough to visit more frequently from now on :) \o/

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »
Nice - I just wish JP would toughen up the sound for those chugga riffs - always sounds so tinny.

Huh?????   Based on the cell phone recordings you've heard?  Or actually live?

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2015, 02:07:55 AM »
Can any of the people who were at the show confirm whether the part of ACOS that got played was The Crimson Sunrise (the opening instrumental) or Innocence (a vocal section)? EDIT: Nevermind, looks like the setlist was corrected already: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2015/palace-of-sports-minsk-belarus-53c96b61.html
I like the setlist very much, but I hope, that DT will change it a little every now and then, just for more songs to have chance to be heard. I think that a perfect setlist is an unique one. Dream theater songs are long and extremely hard to play, so I understand that there can't be a new setlist every show, but if it was kept updated, unlike last year, I would be pleased. It's strange that some bands keep playing the same set for a whole year, while others keep changing it as much as possible. But playing one song from each album is great.
I think they'll keep it the same, because pretty much all the shows this summer are festivals and the limited playing time leaves little room for deviation, especially when they're playing one song from each album. Personally I'm happy there are zero repeats from last tour, as I'm seeing DT live for the second time in August, but I understand that some fans have heard Metropolis, TSCO, As I Am, etc. multiple times and would prefer something else. I bet the setlist for the next proper world tour will be less safe and include some more obscure gems.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
I personally love this setlist.

This is a festival tour and the band has dubbed it their 30th anniversary tour, so I'm not sure why people didn't expect a festival-like setlist of shorter songs and one from each album. Not to mention DT has always played their more popular or well-known songs at festivals anyway, so seeing songs like Burning My Soul or Afterlife is pretty rare to see, for sure.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies