Author Topic: Camara for filming DT concerts?!?!?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline wwetzels

Camara for filming DT concerts?!?!?
« on: May 06, 2015, 08:48:51 AM »
Hi,

I'm intending to buy a camera for filming rock concerts a.o. Dream Theater, Queensr˙che.

I'm searching for a good camera with following specifications: full HD recording, recording of concert in one large file (possible?), video stabilizer, great audio & video quality.

Who has experience with filming these kind of concerts and has tips, advise which camera to buy?

One camera which is recommended to me is Panasonic TZ40

Looking forward to your reactions. Thx in advance

Regards

Offline cfmoran13

Re: Camara for filming DT concerts?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »
As I'm not sure how many people here film concerts in addition to their collecting, you may want to check out the forums at thetradersden.org.  There are sections specifically for people with your type of question.  Good luck!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:57:47 PM »
I can't help much but I would be interested in following this thread.

Also, in terms of camera phone recording.... My galaxy S5 sucks at recording live concerts, but my old droid RAZR Maxx actually does really well.  I recently recorded some videos from the Kamelot concert last week and it came out ridiculously well.

For reference, I recorded this DT song a few years ago.  I was really far back so the picture/aduio quality isnt as good as it could be.  I'd post my kamelot video to reference for a closer up shot (which looks and sounds way better) but youtube forced me to take it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbe7GDgjzg4

Offline Grizz

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 01:27:13 AM »
My Sony A5000 has wonderful video quality but abysmal sound quality. Being a fidelity nut, I prefer to record audio separately (losslessly) anyway. IDK about its anti-shake aspects. Video is split every 4GB and recorded to the format of a Blu-Ray disk, but this is easily remedied with tsMuxer. It also has a large, bright screen that I would cover to be courteous to those behind me.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline de_fromage

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 01:26:06 PM »
It also has a large, bright screen that I would cover to be courteous to those behind me.

You're a fine gentleman
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.