Author Topic: How are you coping with Covid? How you are doing?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: How are you coping with Covid? How you are doing?
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2020, 03:16:19 PM »
Lockdown in the UK wasn't so bad for me as when they announced it - the weather was absolutely gorgeous for like 3 months solid.

So I could just sit outside in the sun as I live in a tiny town in the countryside by a river.

I wasn't just stuck indoors all day every day.

Plus If I got too anxious i'd go for a spin on my motorbike.

I wasn't supposed to - but because our county is so spread out and sparsely populated - the police didn't really do much. :-)

In fact - my county ( roughly 100,000 ) people has the lowest figures for anywhere in the UK. Dunno how that happened but i'm not knocking it ! :)

I think the whole of Wales ( 3 million people ) has had less than 18,000 cases in total.

Edit : Oops got my figures confused.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
Bruh give me some of that PTO holy shit  :eek

I have almost 39 days of PTO. I usually take several long weekends through the summer but have completely abstained this year. They stopped my accrual a few months back and I will be losing at least 2 weeks or more that I would have gotten over the course of the year.

I know I am being petty and whatnot, but it bothered me. Although, I am starting to burn out from the lack of sporadic time off.

Other than that, I work from home and have been on a major music purchase binge. I've bought so many CD's this year I don't know how to listen to them all. I'm looking at something like 13 on my desk and another 20-25 in a stack near my desk. Not to mention the several I am waiting for delivery of. None of this is current releases. All are either new discoveries for me or finally digging deeper in an artists catalog that I had neglected.

Biffy Clyro, District 97, Coroner, Devin Townsend, Ani DiFranco, post-PG Genesis, Slayer, Ozzy, Motion Device, Eternal Frequency, etc. I have so much to listen to.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2020, 03:34:18 PM »
Florida and North Carolina. Easily drivable. But since I work in a hospital full of Covid patients, I just don't feel comfortable potentially exposing him. Mom is in Michigan. Losing this time is the hardest aspect for me.

Ah gotcha.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »
My parents are geographically close and we have seen then a couple times, at least as much for the grandkids as for me. In-laws are in CO, and drove up a couple weeks ago. They drove their camper so didn't have to stay in hotels, eat at restaurants, etc... I cannot imagine a situation where it would be prohibitive to see my parents, again as much for them to see the grandkids.

My wife lost it a few days ago complaining of not being able to get out of the house. Having summers off for her is really hard. She has a hard time coming up with fun things for the kids to do during the day, and that's only exacerbated now by the fact that nothing is open and there's nowhere to go. I wanted to respond by saying that she should enjoy the time she has with her kids because not everybody has that. But of course I didn't.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2020, 05:40:19 PM »
Smart move  :lol