Author Topic: The "let me blow your mind" thread  (Read 7966 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The "let me blow your mind" thread
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
If you go to the Mütter museum in Philadelphia, they have a hand imprint of Andre. Astonishingly large.

Many other mindblowing things in that museum, including a skeleton of a person with Myositis ossificans. Also, a whole wall full of the variously deformations a uterus can have.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2015, 06:43:35 AM »
As an aside, Andre was a heck of a guy, and freakishly strong.

Going into Wrestlemania 3, where Andre was to meet Hulk Hogan, the scripted ending had Andre losing the match to Hogan.  However, no one knew what would actually happen.  Hogan (and everyone else) knew that he couldn't actually win unless Andre went along with the plan and took the loss.  If Andre wanted to win, he would win and there was nothing that Hogan could do about it.

No one knew if Andre would go along with it until, like, the day of the event.  Then he let Hogan know that he would lose.

Mind you, this was at the tail end of his career, and nowhere near his physical prime.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2015, 06:57:24 AM »
The three notes in the NBC jingle are G, E, and C. Not related to General Electric Company (GEC) that owned NBC for over 20 years.

I remember stumbling across this by accident fucking around with harmonics on my guitar as a teen. Amusing indeed. I think it was in a different key the way I found it but it instantly had that distinct sequence to my ears and, when I transposed it, I shat peacocks.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »
For the last 50 million years, the Indian tectonic plate has been moving 2000 kilometers Northeastward into the Eurasian plate (thus creating the Himalayas). But during the recent earthquake the trend was shortly reversed, and Mt. Everest actually slipped a full 3 centimeters Southwest again.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
The only other animals than humans that have been shown to laugh are apes and rats.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »
The only other animals than humans that have been shown to laugh are apes and rats.

That's got me curious as to what the hell a laughing rat look like. And how do we know it's a laugh? And just what exactly is a rat laughing about? Too many questions dangit!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2015, 09:11:20 AM »
Well there you go. :D

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2015, 10:14:24 AM »
Have you done this yourself or is this something you saw on one of those crackpot creationist websites?

What the fuck, Zook?  Not all Christians are "crackpot creationists," and making up "facts" about things which are easily verified (or debunked) is certainly not limited to any given faith.

Are you trying to get this thread locked again?

Here, let me help.

Not all Christians are fucking ignorant.  Many of them are well educated, often with advanced degrees in the sciences, and don't see a contradiction between science and faith.  Yes!  It's possible to have it both ways!  Creationism is not a requirement of the Christian faith.  It is but one interpretation of a book that's been around for thousands of years and translated multiple times.

Not all Christians are Catholic, nor are they all Protestant.  Incredibly, there are different disciplines, and many of them are not full of idiots.  Does that blow your mind?

Most Christians would be happier if everyone would just shut the fuck up about religion, and not have to deal with morons constantly taking potshots at something that is obviously very important to them.  Most would rather stay out of such discussions, but when certain assholes decide to stir up shit for no reason other than that it makes them feel superior, they feel compelled to respond.  Does that blow your mind?

Seriously?  Attacking something that is core to someone's very identity will piss them off?  People that do that are considered assholes by the ones who have to put up with their shit?  Wow, that blows my mind!

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Chill, everybody.  :chill :chill :chill :chill :chill :chill

The rats laughing was awesome. Even though, they seemed to "laugh" when they were just following the guy's hands.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
Chill, everybody.  :chill :chill :chill :chill :chill :chill

The rats laughing was awesome. Even though, they seemed to "laugh" when they were just following the guy's hands.

It looks like they could have learned to think of it as a game and were having fun just chasing the hand. Or maybe not.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
Then again, if you look at how small children giggle with delight when you play catch with them, that might just be that.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2015, 10:48:52 AM »
Zook...your commentary on Christians was way out of line and totally unnecessary in the context of this thread.

Orbert...while you obviously took great offense to the aforementioned comments, your response was equally out of line. In the future, if you feel something was inappropriate, contact a mod. Consider this your warning.

For a reason that is beyond my understanding, people have decided to use this very cool thread idea to push buttons instead. So we'll just stop this then...again.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."