How do you prefer your Martini?

Original: 50/50, Gin/dry vermouth
Traditional: 80/20, Gin/dry vermouth
Modern: 95-100/5-0, Gin/dry vermouth
Perfect: 2 measures gin, 1/2 measure each of dry and sweet vermouth
Kangaroo: 80/20, Vodka/dry vermouth
Vesper: 70/20/10, Gin/vodka/lillet
I'd rather drink my own bath water.

Author Topic: How do you like yours?  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: How do you like yours?
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:19 PM »
I have never ever had a martini in my entire life! I'm afraid of what doors it might open. The next thing ya know I'm be drinking single malt scotch and huffing expensive illegal cigars!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
I have never ever had a martini in my entire life! I'm afraid of what doors it might open. The next thing ya know I'm be drinking single malt scotch and huffing expensive illegal cigars!

Yes, I must agree that martini's are not for you. There is an old truism that martini's are like Mormon wives; one's not enough and three are too many. With your professed personality traits it would only lead to depravity and ruin. Best to stay clear.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
It's National Martini Day! Celebrate with this truly 'Mercan classic.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:07 PM »
Sorry, I'm with the bathwater crowd.  Even when I used to drink I couldn't stand Gin or Vermouth

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »
Bathwater is too good compared to Gin.  Gin is punishment to the taste buds.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
I prefer more exotic Martini mixtures.  For instance... Ice wine Martini:  2 parts vodka; 1 part ice wine.  I also have a killer chocolate martini recipe around here somewhere.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
Dear, Barto the Great and Benevolent

I gratefully submit to your superior formula for a Martini! Now if you ever find yourself at the Podaar home bar, I'm confident I can prepare your beverage with extreme precision and skill. Me casa su casa!

:biggrin:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »
I'm thinking of buying this painting.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarφk around the Clφck!
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »
I don't even like Martini all that much and I'd hang that on my wall in a heartbeat.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Dear, Barto the Great and Benevolent

I gratefully submit to your superior formula for a Martini! Now if you ever find yourself at the Podaar home bar, I'm confident I can prepare your beverage with extreme precision and skill. Me casa su casa!

:biggrin:
Just noticed this. Pleased it worked out for you. At least now I know there's one good thing I could look forward to if I ever found myself in SLC.

Coincidentally, I'll be preparing some cocktails before the Rush gig tonight. I'd try to find a way to mix a couple of these in the parking lot during the pre-show warmup, but I only have G&T gin.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
In my storied drinking career I never once had a martini, never really bothered with hiding behind allusions of class and distinction.

Bud and Jager shots.. repeat  until comatose.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
How do I like mine?   Poured down the drain.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »
In my storied drinking career I never once had a martini, never really bothered with hiding behind allusions of class and distinction.

Wow, that's pretty cold, Lonestar.

Speaking only for myself, I enjoy the odd martini because I like the taste and, as has been discussed previously, the relaxing, smooth buzz that comes with sipping one. Maybe two at the most. When I do enjoy one, I'm most likely kicking back on my patio in shorts, t-shirt and bare feet.  I never drink to get...how did you put it? Comatose?

Hiding behind allusions of class and distinction, indeed.