Author Topic: North Korea executes defense minister with an anti-aircraft gun.  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: North Korea executes defense minister with an anti-aircraft gun.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »
I saw that today. Fucking crazy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:19 PM »
 :lol

Touché
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »
Read about this last night while lurking on NeoGAF. Some folks have pointed out that while this wouldn't be surprising to come from North Korea, this report could potentially just be propaganda from South Korea.

In any case, I don't think the political system in North Korea is going to be around for too much longer. It just sounds like everything is on the verge of falling apart and probably will within the next decade or so. What really scares me is what might happen along the way to that and who might potentially fill the void that Jong-un will leave.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:25:09 PM »

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
Didn't he also feed his uncle to a pack of dogs? And I thought that was proven false later on and was just something they put out.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
Read about this last night while lurking on NeoGAF. Some folks have pointed out that while this wouldn't be surprising to come from North Korea, this report could potentially just be propaganda from South Korea.
It's supported by satellite imagery of 6 ZPU-4 batteries facing a target 30m down range at a military training facility with grandstands set up off to the side. It also seems that they've done this before, including the uncle that was allegedly fed to starving dogs/pigs.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »
It's supported by satellite imagery of 6 ZPU-4 batteries facing a target 30m down range at a military training facility with grandstands set up off to the side. It also seems that they've done this before, including the uncle that was allegedly fed to starving dogs/pigs.

I'm not at all surprised. Just thought it was worth noting that possibility.

I also heard that Kim Jong-un also had his aunt poisoned and also had various different elites and their families executed too. The guy's paranoid.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »
What I kinda don't get, is with as many high level guys as he's taken out, how is it one of these guys just don't put a bullet into him already? At some point they gotta feel that their chances of some sort of coup are just as good as their chances as working for him.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »
He definitely seems to be the paranoid type. The way he's handling things that probably is in his best interest. Wouldn't surprise me to see a coup in the DPRK pretty soon.

edit: or, what Nick said.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 01:37:39 PM »
What I kinda don't get, is with as many high level guys as he's taken out, how is it one of these guys just don't put a bullet into him already? At some point they gotta feel that their chances of some sort of coup are just as good as their chances as working for him.

That's what I'm saying; a coup of some sort is bound to happen. The question is when that will happen and who will lead it/will take over.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:44 PM »
Dennis Rodman

or

Steven Seagal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
Well the question is, is death by anti-aircraft gun more humane than electric chair or lethal injection or firing squad?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
Well the question is, is death by anti-aircraft gun more humane than electric chair or lethal injection or firing squad?

Honestly, depending on where the thing was fired, it was probably painless, it's such a huge fucking gun there's no way the guy would even have a head anymore after being shot
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 03:58:34 PM »

Honestly, depending on where the thing was fired, it was probably painless, it's such a huge fucking gun there's no way the guy would even have a head anymore after being shot
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. It's going to be about the equivalent of .50x4 barrels firing 150 RPM each. It's definitely going to destroy somebody mighty fast. The problem, though, is going to be accuracy. I'm not sure where the convergence is going to be in a weapon like that, but it stands to reason it'd be a helluva lot further than 30m. If they actually took the time to set a convergence in the target area it'd probably be quite humane.
E.F. Benson

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
It's humane for us...because it's not boring!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
Jesus.  One minute you're dozing off in a meeting, the next you're getting torn apart by a gun used exclusively for blowing aircraft out of the sky.  That is, like... the ultimate example of things escalating quickly.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »
Saw that the average term for a defense minister there is six months. So, why wouldn't you just shoot the guy in the face? You might die a few months early. You might earn the respect and appreciation of the entire military staff.
E.F. Benson