Author Topic: 425's Roulette v. We crown the skies with our tiara! (Final Results Inside!)  (Read 55194 times)

Offline 425

Re: 425's Roulette v. Friday is Thursday (Round 3 Listening)
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
What, everyone sent melacholic songs? :lol

Yep, pretty much everyone did. :lol
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2015, 12:11:48 PM »
We are going to sad you to death. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
We are going to sad you to death. :lol

And I haven't even sent the really sad song I prepared for Round 4. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2015, 01:27:58 PM »
I have several sad songs I could enter depending on which artists aren't banned after this next round  :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
I think the rule is that if you sad the roulette host to death, no one wins. :P
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
I wish everyone would sad me (almost) to death in my previous roulette. People kept sending power metal and progressive metal and some weird stuff instead. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »
Did I say sad?  I meant sex you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline 425

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2015, 02:25:04 PM »
:lol I'm going to go ahead and say that's also against the rules!
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
"This song builds to an awesome climax."

Mine?? mmmmperhaps!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2015, 03:34:49 PM »
I wish everyone would sad me (almost) to death in my previous roulette. People kept sending power metal and progressive metal and some weird stuff instead. :lol
Should have said so! I can send you some depressing stuff now tho :P

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
 :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
 :chill

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2015, 07:50:43 PM »
:chill

No U. :lol

Really though, I love the anticipation.

Offline 425

Re: 425's Roulette v. Club Going Up On a Friday (Round 3 Results!)
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »
Well, here's the results for round 3. Scoring has been getting tougher for me on each round, maybe because I'm comparing each song not only to the other songs sent in its round, but somewhat to the songs sent in previous rounds. Also, this is almost certainly the most new music I've listened to in so short a time frame, so this is an experiment in how well I can evaluate 80 songs in two months and then right after assess 300 minutes worth of EPs. The one thing I know for sure is that I've had fun doing this so far and have found a lot of fantastic stuff.

This round looked like it might be the first to have songs I actually didn't care for, but as they do, both the songs I didn't really like at first grew on me, so this is another high-scoring round where ten songs are bunched up in the 7.0-8.5 range in natural scores. This has been a lot of fun, though, really, despite the difficulties I've had with scoring. So here are the results.

Round 3 Results

Sacul: DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World

On first listen, I really didn’t know what to think of this song at all. It was just very weird confusing to me on the whole. As I’ve listened to it more, though, I’ve definitely grown to like it better. I really quite enjoy the atmosphere that it creates. The drummer is pretty impressive, and I quite like the subtle keyboard melodies and (I assume sampled?) female vocal parts.

The part that’s hit-or-miss with me are the male/spoken-word samples. In some cases they are used really well to accentuate a particular part of the song, but there are also uses that are a bit grating. Near the end, the beginning of the sentence “Now approaching midnight” is repeated a lot of times in rapid succession, in a way that has always bothered me in music because it sounds unnatural. In that case it detracts a bit from the conclusion to the song, which includes a pretty good guitar part.

Nonetheless, I like this song as a full piece. Though that one part does grate a bit for me, there’s a lot of good in this piece as well. I should also mention that I really like the title of this song and think it’s really fitting, so that helps, too. As a whole, this piece is good and has encouraged me to investigate more by this artist, but has some grating parts and oddities that drag it down a bit.

Score: 7.0 + 0.5 bonus = 7.5

kingshmegland: Umphrey’s McGee - Rocker

Another song that seemed rather strange to me, at first, though my first impression of it was modestly positive.

I don’t know how I would describe the style of music in this song, but it’s actually quite cool stylistically. I suppose it would be considered some form of prog rock, because it does go through a lot of time changes and shifts in musical style. But there’s a significant folky element, too. This band really blends the two quite well, and I would be interested in hearing some of their other works.

At the same time, this song has a bit of emotional power behind it as well. The singer isn’t outstanding, but he does well at hitting the right emotional notes for the lyrics, and he hits the right musical notes as well.

As a composition, this song does still come off as a bit disjointed. All the different parts range from good to great, so I can’t complain, but it’s hard to follow a musical narrative or thread throughout the entire song. It’s not enough to bother me, really, or dissuade me from checking into this band’s catalogue, but it is the reason that this is one of the lower scoring songs this round.

Score: 7.5

lonestar: Destrage - Destroy Create Transform Sublimate

When I first heard this song, I really couldn’t imagine liking it. Metal has not been my thing for a long time, and this song was pretty in-your-face. But there were some parts that I really did like, so I gave the song a bit more of a chance.

The chorus is actually really, really good. It’s been in my head for much of the week. The verses on the first half of the song, on the other hand, though they aren’t bad, just don’t do much for me. They fringe on fast heaviness for its own sake, in my opinion, especially with the oscillation between growls and high-pitched vocals. I’ve grown to like the growls alright on the prechoruses, but I do think this guy out to stay away from the shriekiness. But I think that about everyone.

The first bridge starts decently but unremarkably, but gets better as it gets heavier. The second, symphonic bridge, on the other hand, is fantastic. Really the best part of the song. There’s something pretty awesome about the symphonic buildup and distorted vocals that he does.

And then wtf. It ends with a trippy electronic part. Pretty weird, but pretty cool.

This was easily the hardest song of the round for me to grade, lonestar. You definitely achieved your goal of surprising me and going way outside my comfort zone. The song you delivered is definitely not what I would consider my favorite style of music. For me, with metal, I kind of differentiate in my mind between metal that is deliberately “in your face” (and could be more unkindly said to be “obnoxiously in your face”) and metal that uses heaviness for a more artistic purpose. This song kind of sits on the line between those two categories for me, with some parts that lean towards both sides. The fact that this song also brings in symphonic and electronic elements only complicates the scoring. Ultimately, I have to give it a fairly modest score for the round, because the song had parts that I liked a lot, but parts that didn’t do much for me at all. The overall gutsiness of this choice almost enticed me to go higher, but that really wouldn’t be a fair way to grade things. On the merits of the entry itself, this is the score it deserves (which is a good two and a half points higher than I would have given it after the first two listens, so I don’t want you to think it didn’t grow on me).

Score: 7.5

OpenYourEyes311: Frameshift - La Mer

I must admit, when I first listened to this song, I was rather perturbed because I really thought that this was James LaBrie, but I’d never heard of this project before, so I wasn’t sure. But once I found out that it was James, which would have been obvious to me if I’d just trusted my ears, I was able to settle in and listen to this song.

I have to say, this song would be best described as “pleasant.” It’s really pleasant to listen to throughout. The piano playing is really nice, and I greatly enjoy the slight electronic element that comes into play later (and wish there had been a bit more of it). The full-band climax at the end is slightly underwhelming, but it’s still very pleasant.

James’s singing is good as always, but there are moments in this song when I think he maybe does a bit too much, like the line “you came out of the sea,” where he throws in a bit of grit that was perhaps not necessary, strictly speaking, but overall he does nicely, especially since this was early 2000s, I think? And the vocal melodies are really quite excellent. The chorus is bordering on amazing.

Overall, this is a good ballad with a somewhat underwhelming power ending. This song never really blew me away, but it grew on me with every listen and is definitely a song I’ll come back to in the future. Very pleasant.

Score: 8.0

Evermind: David Gilmour - Where We Start

I have, regrettably, never really listened to any of David Gilmour’s solo material until now. This song is pretty much exactly what I expected his solo material to sound like. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, because dreamy music with soft singing and slow, melodic electric guitar playing are what Gilmour does best.

Gilmour’s guitar playing rightly gets a great deal of positive attention, but I feel he deserves positive recognition for his singing, as well. The man really is a very good singer, and brings an astounding, almost ethereal softness to this song (and, of course, to much of his work in Pink Floyd).

This song is one of the most tranquil pieces I’ve ever heard. It’s really a beautiful love song that expresses a deep sense of contentment. And Gilmour executes it fairly well, with soft, restrained guitar playing for most of the song and then a lovely slow solo of the type that he turns in so very often. The reason this song doesn’t score as high as some others, then, is that it doesn’t move me quite as much as I’d want it to. It’s not really supposed to, but I’d like a tranquil song like this to transport me or move me with its emotional power. It does its job exceedingly well, and I’ll absolutely be looking into this album, but that’s why it doesn’t quite get into the upper echelon (sometimes, when I feel like I’ve praised a song to the heavens, I feel the need to explain why it doesn’t quite get an 8.5 or a 9 or whatever).

Evermind, I feel like I keep doing the same thing to you—finding intangible, minor deficits in your simple ballads. I’m not trying to, it’s the way it’s fallen. I really loved Pictured Within, and have enjoyed all of your submissions, really. The Gentle Storm’s album and On An Island are definitely on my list.

TAC: McAuley Schenker Group - Never Ending Nightmare

This is a really interesting song. Like a couple of other songs I’ve gotten this round, it really jumped out as being something I’ve never heard stylistically. I guess it’s a largely acoustic rock power ballad.

But labels aside, this is a pretty strong piece. The acoustic guitar playing sets a powerful atmospheric base, and makes the song pretty unrelentingly creepy. What’s more, they do shift throughout the song, making the constant presence of picked clean guitar less monotonous. The singer’s voice is not of a type that I generally am in love with, but he’s absolutely perfect for this song—I couldn’t imagine anyone else doing it, really, besides maybe Dio.

I really like the false ending, as well. It’s an unexpected twist of the sort that I really like, and is followed by a pretty good outro guitar solo.

I like this song a lot. For what it is, it’s pretty fantastic. The one issue for me is that it doesn’t have the emotional element which, as you may have seen so far, has been capable of pushing some songs into the top score ranges. Still, a really good entry and definitely worthy of this grade.

In response to the joke you made earlier about how you thought you might have joined the wrong roulette; I don’t want to leave you with the impression that I haven’t enjoyed your submissions. I really have enjoyed all three songs that you’ve submitted, with this latest one probably being my favorite. I do value your participation in my roulette and I absolutely think that you’ve provided me with music from bands who are going to be part of my collection in the future. It is true that I’m giving high scores to a lot of artists from non-rock genres, but I don’t want to leave you with the impression that I haven’t enjoyed what you’ve sent, because I really have. Hence two 8s and a 7.5

Shadow Ninja 2.0: Justin Cross - Drink the Water

One of the more interesting songs I’ve received in this roulette. This song is best described, I suppose, as a political, melancholic country song. By a relatively unknown artist, it seems. Hopefully he doesn’t stay unknown for long, because he’s really amazing.

This piece is powered by Cross’s memorable and powerful guitar playing and some pretty nice strings in the background. His voice, of course, takes center stage, and he really gets a lot of praise from me for putting a great deal of emotion into his singing. I hope everyone has pretty much figured out by now that I love emotional singers. He’s no exception.

This song also has a surprisingly powerful climax for a largely acoustic piece. It might be my favorite musical climax of the round. He just executes the quick rise in tension very well using both his guitar and his voice. On the whole, this is a really nice atmospheric piece from a relatively new artist. I liked it a lot!

Score: 8.0 + 0.5 bonus = 8.5

Big Hath: The Mayan Factor - Warflower

Another really cool song I’ve received this round that I really don’t know how to classify. Immediately, the song gives off a really cool vibe, which only gets stronger once the vocals enter.

The vocals in this song are what really astound me. The instrumental elements are integral to the atmosphere, yes, but the singer. Wow. The melodies are astounding, of course, and quite melancholic. The lyrics are as well, and slightly creepy, too. And he just nails the melodies and the mood for the song. He actually reminds me of two singers, one of whom I don’t especially like and the other I do like: Kurt Cobain and James Hetfield, respectively. But in any case, he puts tons of emotional power behind the vocals of the song. There are a lot of memorable parts in this song, and it’s really thanks to his skill that they are so memorable.

Big Hath, this is definitely my favorite entry from you (not that I didn’t enjoy your previous two entries, of course!), and one of my favorite entries overall. I look forward to getting more music that I hopefully like this well from you.

Score: 8.5

Parama: Lorde - Buzzcut Season

This song is a really lovely atmospheric, electronic pop song. Which is something I really like. Of course, I’d already heard Lorde’s most popular song, Royals. I liked that song fairly well, but it didn’t entice me to seek out more of her music. This song might. I really hadn’t given her enough credit from Royals for being a really good singer. I find her voice really pretty on this song, and she’s pretty diverse as well.

And, of course, the melodies that she sings are all really fantastic. She jumps from one beautiful melody to another, absolutely nailing them all. And the harmonies are a fantastic touch as well.

The background music is not jaw-dropping—Lorde herself is definitely the main attraction here (and, oh my, what an attraction she is!), but the instrumentals do get the job done and set a pretty nice atmosphere in which she can sing these beautiful melodies.

Score: 8.5 + 0.5 bonus = 9.0

Scorpion: Grayceon - War’s End

I really quite enjoyed this expansive, somber piece from the very first listen. It’s an interesting and quite unusual piece, but it’s truly a beautiful one.

I actually really enjoy the fact that this song uses a lot of different textures to sustain a lengthy, somber piece. It starts with acoustic and electric guitars, and after a brief and pretty verse, opens up into this beautifully sad section driven by the cello but with the acoustic guitars still playing a role. One of the noticeable and appreciable aspects of this song is the fact that nobody in the band tries to do too much. The drummer is restrained, as are the guitarist and the singers. The restrained instrumentation and singing lend perfectly to the somber atmosphere.

Speaking of the singing, while the female singer’s voice is absolutely lovely, the song takes on its greatest level of emotional impact when the male singer joins her and they sing a few very sad lines together. Their singing combined with the surrounding music is fantastically beautiful. And then it leads into this gorgeous, expansive slow fade. The instrumentation here is just fantastic.

Scorpion, your gut has not once led you astray. You really seem to get to the heart of a lot of what I love in music. Your very first entry may still stand as the best song I’ve gotten in this roulette, and this one gets very close to that status. For reference, I’d rank this song a bit below the three natural 9.0s of the first round, but I feel it deserves more than an 8.5, so it will also receive a 9.0. Keep doing what you’re doing, Scorp.

Score: 9.0

All of this round's artists have been added to the banned list.

Standings:
OpenYourEyes311 - 26.5
Parama - 26.5
Scorpion - 26.5
Shadow Ninja 2.0 - 26.0
Evermind - 25.0
Big Hath - 24.0
lonestar - 23.5
TAC - 23.5
kingshmegland - 23.0
Sacul - 23.0

Again, let me know if I messed up the scores somehow.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline 425

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2015, 10:28:30 PM »
Round Four: Sad Round

The first themed round here. I decided to keep the themes pretty straightforward but still marginally interesting, so that's the goal here with the sad theme. I'm not going to be too strict about this, but if you send me a song that is just cannot be interpreted as being sad in any way, I'll dock half a point. Shouldn't be something that happens at all, because I only intend to enforce it in a case where it just totally doesn't fit.

Announcement:

These first three rounds have kind of been an exploratory phase in the roulette, I think. I meant for them all to be open as a means for all of you to experiment and try and figure out what I would like the most and the least. But what I didn't expect was to be doing a lot of experimenting with myself, as far as the scores go. The past two rounds, I've felt like I've painted myself into a corner with regards to the scoring. By giving the top three songs in the first round natural (meaning before the 0.5 bonus) scores of 9, I set myself an obstacle. In essence, I said "nothing can be a 9 unless it's as good as these, and nothing can be higher than a 9 unless it's better than these." Of course in round 1, I had no way of knowing whether I was going to get a lot of songs I liked that much, or several songs I liked a lot better, or few songs that approached that level. 9 seemed like a safe bet at the time for where to put those songs.

The way it's fallen, though, is that those three songs still stand as my three favorite songs of the roulette. But everything else in the roulette has merited at least a 6.5, and most of it at least a 7. So, speaking practically, I have had a range of 7 to 8.5 to work with the past two rounds. That's only four possible scores for 10 songs (9 this round, since I gave Scorpion's entry a 9—it wasn't quite at the level of the first three 9s, but I felt comfortable doing it because it was far enough above the 8.5s in this round to merit it). The result has been a lot of 8s, a lot of 7.5s and 8.5s, and a few 7s. Another result has been that I feel there isn't much parity among, say, the 8s. This round I had a distinct sense that there were high 8s and low 8s, but the high 8s were definitely a cut below the 8.5s, and the low 8s a cut above the 7.5s.

The solution that I'm going to take for this problem is to reboot the scoring starting this round. The scores that all the songs have earned so far will stay—it was a fair system and everyone's songs were held to the same standard, it was just an imperfect system. And I'm not going to go back and re-grade 30 songs. But the scores that I give this round should be considered to be on a new scale. That is, a song that gets a score of 8.5 in round 4 is not equivalent in quality to a song that received an 8.5 in round 2. The new scale is basically going to be a move up of one for some of the top songs. On the new scale, the three songs from round one that got natural 9s would get natural 9.5s. Some of the 8.5s from previous rounds would get 9s in the new system, some would still get 8.5s. Same with the 8s—some would get 8.5s, some would get 8s still. And so on. Hopefully this will make it easier for me to differentiate between tiers of songs and assign more accurate scores.

If my explanation has been complicated, don't worry about it. I'm just trying to explain how I'm going to be arriving at scores in the future, and all I'm really saying is to not assume that a song that gets a 9 this next round is one that I like as well as a song that got a 9 in round 1. But you can rest assured that if two songs each get a 9 this next round, they will be songs that I like equally as well as each other. That is all.
And if spirit's a sign,

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »
Sad, huh? Can I just send you a picture of my ex-wife? That would make any man cry....

Seemed you got all I could expect out of that song. No matter your taste for heavier tunes, anyone can recognize the talent behind that group, and they do have one or two mellower songs surely worth checking out, behind it all, they are seriously fucking good at what they do.

I'll send in a day or two, kind of in the weeds at work now...

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
Alright then, I'm sending another tranquil song when I get back from work. If this one won't quite move you either, you're a heartless bastard. :lol

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2015, 10:45:55 PM »
sent

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2015, 01:40:29 AM »
i really have to decide between a pretty large number of fitting entries for this round, ugh  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2015, 05:59:24 AM »
My life is a 7.5! :lol

I'll work on a sad song and send tomorrow!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2015, 06:45:15 AM »
sent

Big Hath: The Mayan Factor - Warflower

He actually reminds me of two singers, one of whom I don’t especially like and the other I do like: Kurt Cobain and James Hetfield, respectively.

I thought this comment could have been about my song, but the two singers I was thinking of were Cobain and Maynard James Keenan.  :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »
Scorp, Evermind, lonestar, those are great tunes - well played :hat.

BTW, that DJ Shadow song is totally made out of samples. I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »
Sent. Hopefully I beat Kingshmegland to the song!

In response to the joke you made earlier about how you thought you might have joined the wrong roulette; I don’t want to leave you with the impression that I haven’t enjoyed your submissions. I really have enjoyed all three songs that you’ve submitted, with this latest one probably being my favorite. I do value your participation in my roulette and I absolutely think that you’ve provided me with music from bands who are going to be part of my collection in the future. It is true that I’m giving high scores to a lot of artists from non-rock genres, but I don’t want to leave you with the impression that I haven’t enjoyed what you’ve sent, because I really have. Hence two 8s and a 7.5

All good! :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »
Not my head is spinning.   :lol

What song could it be?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
You know what it is. I almost sent it three days ago to make sure I got it in! :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »
OpenYourEyes311: Frameshift - La Mer

I must admit, when I first listened to this song, I was rather perturbed because I really thought that this was James LaBrie, but I’d never heard of this project before, so I wasn’t sure. But once I found out that it was James, which would have been obvious to me if I’d just trusted my ears, I was able to settle in and listen to this song.

I have to say, this song would be best described as “pleasant.” It’s really pleasant to listen to throughout. The piano playing is really nice, and I greatly enjoy the slight electronic element that comes into play later (and wish there had been a bit more of it). The full-band climax at the end is slightly underwhelming, but it’s still very pleasant.

James’s singing is good as always, but there are moments in this song when I think he maybe does a bit too much, like the line “you came out of the sea,” where he throws in a bit of grit that was perhaps not necessary, strictly speaking, but overall he does nicely, especially since this was early 2000s, I think? And the vocal melodies are really quite excellent. The chorus is bordering on amazing.

Overall, this is a good ballad with a somewhat underwhelming power ending. This song never really blew me away, but it grew on me with every listen and is definitely a song I’ll come back to in the future. Very pleasant.

Fiddlesticks! I thought fo sho that one was gonna hit it outta the park! I am glad, however, that you have not heard of this project. Because the rest of the disc (Unweaving the Rainbow) is pretty strong. James sings on the whole thing (I put it with his solo albums and Winter Rose on my Ipod). And if you liked the more electronic part of the song, there's definitely more where that came from on the album. I sent this song only because it's my personal favorite, but there's probably a few more songs that could be even stronger than this one (maybe I should have changed my pick!). Some are more poppy, some more progressive, some lighter, some heavier, some electronikier  :P. Definitely an album DT fans should check out.

I'll send sometime this weekend. I have a few songs I'm trying to pick from.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2015, 02:44:38 PM »
Sent. I think you'll really like this one. Could be wrong though. ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2015, 05:25:54 PM »
Sent!

Oh wait, sad.

sent.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
So, what degree of sadness you prefer? Choose one  :P

Sad
Depressive
Hopeless

Edit: Sent!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:17:59 AM by Sacul »

Offline 425

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »
Wow, so I am really quite sad after listening to all those entries. There's a lot of good stuff here, though.

Despite the fears of some, I did not receive any duplicate songs.

I did, however, receive two songs from the same artist. I will now allow you all to experience the paranoia of wondering whether yours was one of them. :biggrin:
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: 425's Roulette v. Club Going Up On a Friday (Round 4 Listening)
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2015, 09:53:22 PM »
i legitimately hope it was the artist i sent because you deserve two depressing songs from them
i even mentioned in my pm how many other songs i could've sent that i didn't and was sad that i couldn't  :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »
I really doubt the duplicate artist is mine. I followed a lot of roulettes and only saw one person (either Onno or Scorp) sending this artist once.

Also, I went with "sad" song. No depressing stuff from me.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »
I really doubt someone sent the same artist as me, but who knows?

So... results this Friday? :P

Offline 425

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2015, 10:05:57 PM »
Not sure yet on the date for results. Probably will be slightly later than usual since I'm traveling and since this round is more emotional to listen to than the previous ones. However, traveling means that I might be able to listen on the plane, depending on whether it has Wi-Fi. So who knows. I'll do my best to get results in before the weekend, though. I'll let you know when I have a better idea of when it will be. I've done four listens each round up until now and I absolutely feel like that's the right number, so I'm going to stick to that number instead of rushing things to stick to the "every Thursday night" thing.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2015, 10:14:07 PM »
the "every Friday morning" thing.
fixed

(amusingly in my timezone they've all actually been on thursday though  :lol)