Author Topic: Rush - R40 Tour discussion (SPOILERS)  (Read 41764 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Rush - R40 Tour discussion (SPOILERS)
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »
I think it's my last time because I think they will continue to play live...but not in my area. 

They may do 2 nights at Radio City, or 2 nights in LA somewhere, or possibly as MS hinted at, a residency somewhere.   But I think major venues in major cities will be it.    I'd be shocked if they ever came back just to do a night in Seattle.  (although...we have a reputation of packing the house every time they've been here)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2015, 03:55:33 AM »
Xanadu from Excel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN May 12, 2015 :tup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkvq8wQtl3o
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
Xanadu from Excel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN May 12, 2015 :tup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkvq8wQtl3o

Nice.

I actually came in to post that I have been listening to the St. Paul boot NON STOP! A great show.
Neil is playing great. Very impressed. The vocals are a train wreck though, but I can deal with it. Playing wise, the band is smoking!

I now regret not getting tix to this tour. I thought about it, but figured I may pick them up closer to the show. Unfortunately, they're all gone now!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »
Tim, I know someone trying to sell her 2 tickets to the Boston show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »
Tim, I know someone trying to sell her 2 tickets to the Boston show.

Can you PM me the Section and cost?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »
Let me contact and pm you
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2015, 12:37:00 PM »
Let me contact and pm you
:facepalm:

I was thinking something in the United States! Preferably Boston.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »
Me too since she lives in NH and didn't post where the show was.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »

I actually came in to post that I have been listening to the St. Paul boot NON STOP! A great show.
Neil is playing great. Very impressed. The vocals are a train wreck though, but I can deal with it. Playing wise, the band is smoking!

Interestingly, I am seeing a lot of people online talking about how many mistakes Alex is making.  I mentioned the other day that I thought he didn't look as relaxed as usual, and I am guessing the arthritis in his hands is really bothering him.  I cant imagine trying to play all of that material for nearly 3 hours every other night when your hands are hurting like that (or in the case of Neil, his shoulder).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »
Alex has always been on the sloppy side though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 01:52:29 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »

Interestingly, I am seeing a lot of people online talking about how many mistakes Alex is making.  I mentioned the other day that I thought he didn't look as relaxed as usual, and I am guessing the arthritis in his hands is really bothering him.  I cant imagine trying to play all of that material for nearly 3 hours every other night when your hands are hurting like that (or in the case of Neil, his shoulder).
I noticed a few times where he missed a note at the beginning of a few solos. No big deal though. He sounds great, and is jamming big time.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
Rush continues to be one of the most expensive tickets on the market. I turned down pretty good lowers this morning because I can't bring myself to pay $175 for fucking balcony seats on general principle. Every time they tour I say to myself I'm not doing it again, which I was content to do this tour, as well. General principle also precludes me from not seeing that second set, but as is now customary they manage to leave a pretty sour taste in my mouth.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2015, 03:53:25 PM »
I feel like this Bart with most large venues.  All the band that play these venues charge through the roof.  Some bands tour in packages have not released any new music in a decade and expect top dollar.  I'm drifting more and more towards smaller venues for the intimacy and price.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2015, 11:38:23 PM »
If the set list rotation continues at its current pattern, the two shows in Toronto will get the B and C sets, which only leave out "Red Barchetta" out of the currently played list of songs. If they release the C set list as the main show (which includes half of PEW), the B set-only songs would be extra/bonus tracks (The Wreckers, How It Is, Between The Wheels, and The Camera Eye), which would be tacked onto the end of the 3CD set anyway.

I'm sure if the Losing It rumor is true, it'll get added for one or both Toronto shows. I'm really hoping it gets played!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:27 AM »
While I'm still pretty offended by the $175 balcony seats, that really was just one helluva show. Aside from the killer setlist the production was just top notch across the board. I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the lighting was the best I've seen in 20 years. It was at times quite spectacular, and very clever in the way that it followed the same de-evolution of the rest of the show.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2015, 01:05:36 PM »
My prediction is that they have another album in them in the next couple of years. Probably a tour to support it with an opening act so they don't have to play the three hour set at that age.. I don't think R40 is the end B-)
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2015, 03:50:37 PM »
It's not like we will force them to tour. :lol

They've earned the right to do what they want, how they want, whenever they want.  They owe us fans nothing.  That being said, if this is the last time live, I will cherish it forever.

A-effin-men!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »

I still don't understand why people seem to think they've had their last chance to see Rush. They've kinda said that this will be the last tour of this scale, but no one has even said that in truly definitive terms. But assuming that is true, they've even said they will look at short tours, residencies, and other things, so it's not the end of the world yet.

And you know how I can guarantee this isn't the final tour they ever do? Because if it was, and they knew that, every single venue, promoter, and cash loving person everywhere would be screaming from the mountaintops and putting neon lights on billboards to make sure we knew this was our last chance, and would set prices accordingly. Don't get me wrong, tickets aren't cheap, but they'd be a lot worse if this was a farewell tour.

I'm already cringing for the Ray Danniels "Limited Engagement" Tour in a few years.  Really not looking forward to paying $500 for a seat a Radio City, but that's where this is going...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:14 PM »
I feel like this Bart with most large venues.  All the band that play these venues charge through the roof.  Some bands tour in packages have not released any new music in a decade and expect top dollar.  I'm drifting more and more towards smaller venues for the intimacy and price.

Agreed.  I don't deal with Ticketbastard anymore unless it's Rush and this may be the last time for that too.  There's not a lot that beats great musicians at 5 or 10 feet away these days.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
If you had to take a guess, do you think there will be one last studio album. Or just the likely 40 anniversary dvd/blu-Ray/cd?

Sweet memories....

Have at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvIOW6_BqXc&list=PLbGIOJFZ60rYDVN7NHDDG5PaFJULSetyK&index=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93M_1-K31gU&index=22&list=PLbGIOJFZ60rYDVN7NHDDG5PaFJULSetyK

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
Wow! That's impressive. The screens are fantastic. Love the wall of Marshalls behind Alex.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »
While I'm still pretty offended by the $175 balcony seats, that really was just one helluva show. Aside from the killer setlist the production was just top notch across the board. I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the lighting was the best I've seen in 20 years. It was at times quite spectacular, and very clever in the way that it followed the same de-evolution of the rest of the show.
https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=528311

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »
Here's an excellent video of the Lincoln performance Jacob's Ladder. The video with the entire concert I found wasn't nearly as bassy as this video.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
If the set list rotation continues at its current pattern, the two shows in Toronto will get the B and C sets, which only leave out "Red Barchetta" out of the currently played list of songs. If they release the C set list as the main show (which includes half of PEW), the B set-only songs would be extra/bonus tracks (The Wreckers, How It Is, Between The Wheels, and The Camera Eye), which would be tacked onto the end of the 3CD set anyway.

I'm sure if the Losing It rumor is true, it'll get added for one or both Toronto shows. I'm really hoping it gets played!

-Marc.
I'd be fine with Red Barchetta not getting recorded, as there are plenty of versions of it out there.

Someone posted a short recording of Losing It from the soundcheck in Austin: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=913029165386262&id=482571121765404

My prediction is that they'll play it at one or both of the Toronto shows with the violinist (can't remember his name right now).
Forget playing "Losing It" - you know what they should be playing? EUROPE!
According to the Classic Rock interview Kev posted in the spoiler-free thread Geddy wants to do a Euro leg next year, but whether it happens or not depends on how Alex and Neil feel about this summer tour. He thinks they'll dig it, though! :caffeine:

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »

-Marc.
I'd be fine with Red Barchetta not getting recorded, as there are plenty of versions of it out there.

Someone posted a short recording of Losing It from the soundcheck in Austin: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=913029165386262&id=482571121765404

Came in here to share that very same video, but you did it for me! Thanks! And HOLY CRAP, I can't believe they're soundchecking the song. I hope the eventual performance(s) of it turn out great!

Interesting how they most likely dropped "The Big Money" as Alex has said there are now POW or HYF songs on this tour. Has a song ever been listed in a tour book as having any sort of video credits, and then been dropped for the tour before it even starts (during rehearsals)? This is the first time that I can think of, but then again, I haven't been too familiar with their tour books (if I could only afford the Tour Book Box Set...)

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:22 PM »
Pretty cool to sorta hear the Losing It soundcheck! I really hope they play it at one of the recorded shows. Some of the best Rush lyrics ever. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »
Pretty cool to sorta hear the Losing It soundcheck! I really hope they play it at one of the recorded shows. Some of the best Rush lyrics ever. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

https://youtu.be/8BAyfBbDWOM

Longer video with more of the song in it, for those who want to hear it/haven't seen it yet.

-Marc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2015, 05:17:53 AM »
Wow, that's awesome. Couldn't open the Facebook link anyway.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2015, 10:58:30 PM »
I think Losing It is a fantastic song. But am I the only one that thinks given the nature of this tour, that it'd be depressing as hell for them to play? I mean, not even bittersweet. Just plain sad.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:02 AM »
So I've been looking at Neil's R40 kit and trying to figure out what symbols he's got this time. I've got them all figured out except one - it's a circle with a dot in the middle. Where's that from?

The other 8 are easily recognizable
Clockwork Angels gear
Snakes And Arrows snake/arrow
Test For Echo stone statue
Counterparts screw and nut
Roll The Bones skull
Presto rabbit-in-hat
Grace Under Pressure P/g
2112 Starman

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »
So I've been looking at Neil's R40 kit and trying to figure out what symbols he's got this time. I've got them all figured out except one - it's a circle with a dot in the middle. Where's that from?
It's a boob.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2015, 08:46:11 AM »
It's a boob.

Ah, of course. So it's representing Permanent Waves, then?

-Marc.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #242 on: May 26, 2015, 09:43:22 AM »
is it a Hold Your Fire dot/sphere by chance?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
is it a Hold Your Fire dot/sphere by chance?

Maybe? What's THAT look like?

- Marc.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »
are you serious or am I being punked?

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.