Author Topic: Wheel of Time on Amazon  (Read 12433 times)

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Re: Wheel of Time on Amazon
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2023, 08:14:52 PM »
I believe this season covered most of book 2 and a tiny bit of book 3.  The show is really having to condense a lot of material into a short amount of episodes and potentially seasons.  I don't see the show running for 14 seasons, once for each novel. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2023, 02:50:15 AM »
Yeah, they condensed or combined some of the plot points for book 3 into this season. And based on how the season ended, there's a lot of stuff from book 3 that got cut. I'm going to guess that season 3 will be entirely book 4. Again, I see the showrunners cutting a lot of stuff. Mostly because prior character development has been cut or completely ignored. Not to mention entire cities, major objects of power, etc etc.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2023, 06:53:18 AM »
Huh? Do I remember incorrectly? Book 2 ended with Falme, just like this season. Book 3 was all about Callandor and The Stone of Tear right? None of that has been in the show yet, which is why I said we're basically through book 2 at this point. I think Book 3 is also where we meet Faile? Book 4 is the aiel waste, which I'm super excited to see and the Wise Ones.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2023, 08:01:10 AM »
Huh? Do I remember incorrectly? Book 2 ended with Falme, just like this season. Book 3 was all about Callandor and The Stone of Tear right? None of that has been in the show yet, which is why I said we're basically through book 2 at this point. I think Book 3 is also where we meet Faile? Book 4 is the aiel waste, which I'm super excited to see and the Wise Ones.

The scene with Avihenda in the cage was from book 3 (Perrin meets a different Aiel in the book).  So they pulled some small moments from the 3rd book into the second season. 

I can't see them devoting a whole season to Rand questing for Callandor, but I can see that being an episode or two before moving him onto bigger moments. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2023, 12:17:59 PM »
Just the last episode, how it ended, makes me think Tear and Callandor has been cut. I also think Faile may have been cut. I hope not because I really like her character.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar