Author Topic: John Adams  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
John Adams
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:14:40 AM »
Anyone watch this HBO mini series. I've gotten through the first three episodes and I'm loving it. The cast is very solid.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: John Adams
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:26:03 AM »
Anyone watch this HBO mini series. I've gotten through the first three episodes and I'm loving it. The cast is very solid.
Haven't seen it, but I read the book on which it was based, which was amazing.

I'd love to see the mini series, but never got around to it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:50:25 AM »
Ooooo, I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm such a big fan of the book that I'm almost afraid to look it up...if they chose wrong for Abigail (either actress or the way to portray her) it would ruin my memories.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:56:42 AM by Podaar »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:53:00 AM »
Saw the original airing on HBO and man it is fantastic.  So well done.  Something worth owning.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 06:57:34 AM »
Nevermind, I looked it up and realize I have watch this, 6 years ago or so, and wasn't really impressed...obviously. I couldn't even recall watching it.  :)

I could just getting CMS though.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:12:30 AM »
I like how the guy who played Ben Franklin in John Adams also played Cornwallis in The Patriot. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:25:13 AM »
Absolutely loved this mini series

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 08:26:06 AM »
Tom Wilkinson is an amazing actor.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
I wrapped up this series last night. What a terribly depressing final episode. I also had no idea that Jefferson and Adams died within hours of each other. What are the odds of that?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
Great series.  I have it on DVD, but I had quite forgotten about it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."