Author Topic: Abodean Skye - Echoes of an Astral Empire (Prog/Power)  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
Abodean Skye - Echoes of an Astral Empire (Prog/Power)
« on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:52 AM »
Hey all,

My band put out a new release last month, and you can listen and potentially purchase the whole thing here!

https://abodeanskye.bandcamp.com/releases

It is a fairly odd mixture of prog metal, space-themed power metal and... erm... 8-bit chiptune synths. Hopefully someone here will like it!

Cheers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Abodean Skye - Echoes of an Astral Empire (Prog/Power)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:44:11 PM »
That's really good! :tup

Congratulations. What do you do in the band?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
That's really good! :tup

Congratulations. What do you do in the band?

Thanks! We're a trio of a singer, guitarist and... erm me. We've been an album-focused band ever since we started years ago, so we've all done various things. Our first album had multiple singers from all over the world and was very conceptual and I didn't really intend for it to be a live band, but it's looking more like one now with our new style. Tbh the various musical duties have been taken up by everyone, but I mostly played bass, synths and handled all the production.

Our singer is Will Shaw (he's been in quite a few projects including VRA and a band called Athem, and is now lead singer for Heir Apparent).
Our guitarist is Henry Mahy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLx8uH58OYs
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:32:34 PM by Metabog »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
Are the drums programmed?

Puchased the Digital Album from Amazon. Hopefully you get a cut! That's where my money is though.

I didn't know Heir Apparent was still a thing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »
This is quite good. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the tags, but the chiptune elements are handled well and fit right in with the metal instrumentation. Just listened to the whole thing on Bandcamp and bought it. :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
I actually have this one already..........done my research enough to know I'd like it , but unfortunately has just been added to the pile to listen to properly.

Obviously I must've liked what I heard  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au