Author Topic: Native Construct - Quiet World (riyl: Between the Buried and Me..DT/PoS)  (Read 8122 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: Native Construct - Quiet World (riyl: Between the Buried and Me..DT/PoS)
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 06:58:43 PM »
I think those were just temporary replacements though, probably the same guys who played in the music video. Because the current line-up has 3 guys
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Resurrecting this thread just to say I am so totally in love with this album. It is exactly the sort of music I have grown to love and now desire to hear. Easily one of the best bands I've discovered on DTF (after The Dear Hunter of course).

It has such a refreshing sound to it and I'm trying my hardest not to overplay it.

Think I'll go and listen to it again  :hefdaddy

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Yeah, definitely one of the better albums to have come out this year.

What are your favourite songs you guys? I love pretty much everything on the album, but over time I find myself increasingly drawn to Come Hell or High Water, even over such great epics like Passage or Chromatic Aberration.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I found it passable and solid, but when I came back to it a bit later I really was pretty annoyed or bored by a lot of it  :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
I found it passable and solid, but when I came back to it a bit later I really was pretty annoyed or bored by a lot of it  :lol

Parama, do you actually like music? :P I think the best thing I've ever seen you say about anything is "its okay i guess".
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
i like music, just not the music anyone else likes

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
What are your favourite songs you guys? I love pretty much everything on the album, but over time I find myself increasingly drawn to Come Hell or High Water, even over such great epics like Passage or Chromatic Aberration.
The first and last track on the album (Mute and Chromatic Aberration) have been my faves since the beginning and I'd say it's still that way, though I too got drawn into Come Hell of High Water a lot more as of lately, this one and Spark of Archon have amazing! choruses, though both have one or two gripes that make them not stand out as much to me.

My favorite song after Mute and the epic is Your Familiar Face though, very interesting tune, one I could probably show to non-metal fans and get some good reactions too.

That said, this is still one of my favorite 2010's albums easily, and I can't wait to hear more from these guys, I'm still in awe here.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

I really love every song on the album, there is something I really love about Your Familiar Face, it gets stuck in my head a lot.

I really wish the album was a bit longer but then again as it stands I love it from start to finish so wouldn't want any filler. I'm recommending this and everything by The Dear Hunter to everyone I know at the moment as I think they both deserve a lot more exposure.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Spark of the Archon is my favorite.

Offline LordCost

Your Familiar Face for me too

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
Love this album. Still listen to it all the time. My kids actually request this cd fairly frequently. Come Hell or High Water is my favorite (and the kids favorite as well).
I love how it is a concept about a love triangle and most of the melodies are in 3/4 time.

Online twosuitsluke

Is it common knowledge that Native Construct are in the process of working on their second album? Just seen something on their Facebook, looking forward to this  :biggrin:

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
They've been "working" on it since the release of Quiet World, meaning that they said they had some ideas they were working on, but I wasn't aware of any progress in-studio or the writing process. Just checked facebook and it just looks like this dude (don't know his name to be honest I always mix them up) is just randomly putting some stuff together and uploaded it. I'll be excited for some real news and they did say they planned on releasing another album this year.

They just commented on some guy's question on FB too saying that it probably won't be a concept album this time around, I'm fine with that though if the music is even close to as good as Quiet World again. Fuck, this album is so good, I'm hyped

Online twosuitsluke

They've been "working" on it since the release of Quiet World, meaning that they said they had some ideas they were working on, but I wasn't aware of any progress in-studio or the writing process. Just checked facebook and it just looks like this dude (don't know his name to be honest I always mix them up) is just randomly putting some stuff together and uploaded it. I'll be excited for some real news and they did say they planned on releasing another album this year.

They just commented on some guy's question on FB too saying that it probably won't be a concept album this time around, I'm fine with that though if the music is even close to as good as Quiet World again. Fuck, this album is so good, I'm hyped

Yea, I saw that comment about it not being a concept album, that doesn't bother me too much. I don't always pay too much attention to the lyrics so as long as the music is good I'm not fussed.

So they had said before possibly a new album this year? That would be awesome, wasn't expecting that, suppose they still might not make it by the end of the year but fingers crossed. Would love for them to tour over this side of the world.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
I got into this band recently. Holy cow, they're incredible! :hefdaddy

It's a shame that there's barely been word about a second album though. Really want to hear more from these guys, as I think they have a ton of potential. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
They keep announcing other stuff like guitar lessons, isolated tracks etc., feels like they're just delaying the seemingly never to be released sophomore album.

Really not even thinking about it, if it ever comes I will start following them again immediately, but for the time being I don't really care, they've released probably one of the best progmetal debut albums I've ever heard so that's good enough for me.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
They keep announcing other stuff like guitar lessons, isolated tracks etc., feels like they're just delaying the seemingly never to be released sophomore album.

Really not even thinking about it, if it ever comes I will start following them again immediately, but for the time being I don't really care, they've released probably one of the best progmetal debut albums I've ever heard so that's good enough for me.

Kind of reminds me of the ongoing situation with The Protomen. It's almost been a decade since they released Act II and aside from two tracks being released about three or four years ago, there's no sign of Act III being released anytime in the near future.

However, while I'm not very familiar with Native Construct, I will say I've heard that it took the band several years to write and release Quiet World (from 2011 to 2015, I think), so maybe they're just incredibly nitpicky about the level of quality they want to put out with their material?

But yeah, Quiet World is easily one of the most impressive debut albums I've seen this decade, alongside Witherfall's Nocturnes & Requiems and Haken's Aquarius. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Online SoundscapeMN

here's a recent interview with their singer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJXDyhvZhc

I get the sense their music isn't the only thing he does.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »
bump.

I am bumping this topic not for anything too closely related to Native Construct other than this singer from the band Others By No One sang with them live.

And this band OTHERS BY NO ONE are a band I would highly recommend for NC (and Painted in Exile and esp BTBAM) fans as I just checked out their EP from 2017 Book 1: Dr Breacher which is really good.

And sadly, we may never see another release from Native Construct, but OTHERS BY NO ONE (and Painted In Exile) may be able to fill that void.

The Spark of the Archon with Max from Others By No One with Native Construct (live)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGotcdt7mg

Book 1: Dr Breacher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opx05XgZgxk

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2019, 07:42:02 AM »
What happened with NC? Any reason they broke up?

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2019, 09:22:08 AM »
The members didn't want to make another Metal album.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
they haven't broke up, at least officially.

But there were posts on some other sites about why their new music was taking as long as it was, and how different it was.

Their original guitarist who left, wrote a lot of the music on Quiet World I guess, and Myles Yang isn't really interested in writing Metal and prog like the stuff on QW.

Also I can't recall right now, but some of the present state of the band may have been discussed in this interview with their singer Robert Edens from about a year ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KJXDyhvZhc

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 09:42:25 AM »
Shame, I was really looking forward to the second album from this band.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 08:49:03 AM »
It would suck if they called it quits. It was a tremendous debut.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2019, 11:06:22 AM »
AFAIK they didn't quite music, the new album they're working on is just totally different from Quiet World.

Strange to hear that the "old guitarist" was responsible for much of Quiet World. I remember an interview with Yang where he said that he wrote most of it.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
Well shoot...

This was just posted on their facebook page...

Hey folks,

It's finally time for us to give a definitive update on the status of Native Construct. *tl;dr at the end*

First, I want to acknowledge how long it's taken us to do this. Our intention was to make sure everything was 100% certain and worked out behind the scenes before making any official statements, and the timeline on that got way out of hand. You were all left hanging and wondering and speculating for far too long, and I honestly feel awful about that. Maybe we should have been more open about what was going on with us in real time. It's still hard to know what the optimal approach would have been, but this has definitely been a learning experience.

Anyway, I'm telling you today that the rumors are true: Native Construct is on an indefinite hiatus.

I know this isn't the news many of you wanted to hear, and I know this may be surprising considering all the teasing we had been doing for the second album. For whomever may be interested, I'll try to explain as clearly as possible how we arrived here.

We made the first Native Construct album while we were in college, when life was much simpler. Since then, we graduated and entered the real world. We started the second album during a time of great uncertainty in all our lives. We originally intended to dedicate most of our time and energy to NC #2, but it turns out that was pretty naive. To put it lightly, Native Construct was never a cash-cow for us. As recent college graduates, we were facing the realities of needing to pay the bills, start developing reliable careers, build savings, etc. As Native Construct got pushed lower and lower on the list of priorities, we gradually came to the realization that dedicating our lives to this band was a bad move, nor was it what we wanted.

We changed a lot as people and as musicians during these transitional years, and to be honest, most of us became less interested in metal music. The material we were working on for the second album is completely different from Quiet World. It sounds like a different band. So, another factor in the decision to put NC to bed was the realization that we were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by pulling such a dramatic left turn with the musical direction of this project.

The good news is that we've all found other things to focus on for the time being, and are doing well! In case anyone's interested, I'll give a brief description of what all the band members are up to:

-Poh Hock is teaching guitar, and has a killer solo album coming out TOMORROW (March 8 ). You can also hear more of his shredz with a band called Replacire.
-Max is working in the game industry as a sound designer.
-Rob is also pursuing a career in sound design, along with private vocal instruction. You can keep up with him on his (WIP) website here: rwedens.wixsite.com/website
-Jake was drumming all over the world on a cruise ship, and just recently moved to LA to continue his career as a drummer, playing with various artists. @jakedickdrums on Instagram if you wanna keep up with him.
-I, Myles, am focusing on teaching music theory/composition in private lessons and as a YouTuber: MusicWithMyles.com. I'll be putting out original music in the future, too (some of this unreleased NC #2 stuff may even see the light of day in some form).

Anywhoosles...I just want to talk for a sec about how wild of a ride this has been for us. It would have been completely crazy for anyone to expect the amount of love we were to receive after putting out one little album recorded in my bedroom. The whole Native Construct phenomenon has been just astonishing. Truly. We've gotten to meet and work with some awesome people, tour with some of our favorite bands, and see tons of cities across North America. And most importantly, we've gotten to hear from countless strangers who have found some genuine joy in our music. It's an incredible thing. We'll never forget all the love you nerds have given us. To anyone who has ever listened to one of our tunes, worked with us, or supported us in any way: we love you, and we thank you.

ttfn
-NC

tl;dr: the band's dead, everything is fine, thx 4 the memories <3

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2019, 02:33:29 AM »
Just came here to post that I'd discovered a band that is as close to Native Construct as you can get. Turns out that Soundscape beat me to it!

The band is Others by No One and the album I'm currently listening to is Book I: Dr Breacher. It's only three songs but totals at about 36 minutes. If you ever liked Native Construct, give it a spin.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:04 AM »
Never really liked them, the vocals are a turnoff but the music is incredibly similar. The singer has also shared the stage with Native Construct and is super inspired by them. Book II has been in the works for a while, so shouldn't be too long anymore.

Online twosuitsluke