Author Topic: Terminator franchise  (Read 8728 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Terminator franchise
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2018, 10:32:12 AM »
Along with the Jurassic Park franchise, the Terminator series should probably die.

If people say that this new one is freakin' amazing, then I'll check it out. But before release my excitement for this movie will be precisely dick.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2018, 01:54:13 PM »
The problem is, with T2, you had a story franchise that had real meat to it.  It wasn't just action.  It was action with a REALLY cool story.  The following films were decent.  But once you start playing around with alternate timelines, it feels like it just waters down the stakes in everything that you do afterward.  So everything else just feels lacking in any real substance.  The Sara Connor Chronicles series had that same problem.  But they overcame it by having real character-driven stories.  It's really a shame that series died.  That plot twist at the end of S2 really had them set up to go some interesting places.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
T1 and T2 were both masterpieces but T2 started something that became the "thing". I think the T-1000 is a cool Terminator and a logical step above the original, but then with every movie it was like the main thing of the film was to have a new cool enemy terminator and all of them felt inferior to the one that came before...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
I would have been happy if it all ended after T2. But of course they had to keep screwing with it and never came close to reaching the quality of T1 and T2 unfortunately. At this point, I am just observing the continuing train wreck just for the hell of it honestly.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »
I would have been happy if it all ended after T2. But of course they had to keep screwing with it and never came close to reaching the quality of T1 and T2 unfortunately. At this point, I am just observing the continuing train wreck just for the hell of it honestly.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion