Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554505 times)

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6475 on: December 01, 2019, 05:28:44 PM »
Knives Out

It was pretty good. A little convoluted in places, but overall I liked it.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6476 on: December 01, 2019, 07:37:28 PM »
Over the Top

Awesome movie. You would never think the world of arm wrestling could be so intense

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6477 on: December 02, 2019, 12:58:14 AM »
Over the Top

Awesome movie. You would never think the world of arm wrestling could be so intense

That movie is so silly but so good. The theme tune with Hagar on vocals is something I still regularly listen to. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6478 on: December 02, 2019, 05:22:47 AM »
Over the Top

That movie is so silly but so good. The theme tune with Hagar on vocals is something I still regularly listen to. :lol

Yup one of my favs. When it comes to Stallone, besides the Rocky movies, Over the Top and Cobra are my favorites from him.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6479 on: December 02, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »

Also.....STOP TALKING IN THE GOD DAMN THEATER. I had two old people next to me who were explaining the movie to each other in slightly softer than normal voices, but that wasn't the worst part. It's a whodunit kind of movie, and I was surrounded by college kids all (louder than they thought they were) making prediction after prediction. DO NOT DO THAT DURING THE GOD DAMN MOVIE! Talk before it, talk after it, shut the hell up during it. JESUS!

I go to the movies and average of once/month, now (much more when I was younger).  I am about to turn 48 this month.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've had loud talkers or others bother me during a movie.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6480 on: December 02, 2019, 08:54:54 AM »
Lucky dude. I get it a lot. Might depend on location too.

I’ve noticed it’s mostly younger people or elderly. The peeps in the middle are often more respectful.

But LA was awful with it. Literally had a dude next to me taking selfies the entire movie once. With the flash. And not making any facial expressions. I would’ve told him to stop but he also kept getting snaps of hot nude girls so I figured it was a decent trade off.

Once in Israel these 13-15 year olds were being so obnoxious. The dude in front of them kept telling them to knock it off and they just ignored him. Eventually he turned around and smacked them in the face. One ran to get security. When security came, everyone blamed the kids so they were kicked out. It was glorious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6481 on: December 02, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
Eventually he turned around and smacked them in the face. One ran to get security. When security came, everyone blamed the kids so they were kicked out. It was glorious.

Only in (places other than) America.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6482 on: December 03, 2019, 04:26:14 AM »
Over the Top

Yup one of my favs. When it comes to Stallone, besides the Rocky movies, Over the Top and Cobra are my favorites from him.

Besides Rocky/Rambo, I'd have to go with Demolition Man, but Cobra and Over The Top were solid too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #6483 on: December 03, 2019, 08:15:33 AM »
Knives Out

It was pretty good. A little convoluted in places, but overall I liked it.

Yeah, to me, it's one of those movies where the best parts are in the trailer.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #6484 on: December 03, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »
Shazam. Fun movie. Better than you might expect.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6485 on: December 03, 2019, 12:26:27 PM »
Shazam. Fun movie. Better than you might expect.

Jingle.son was an extra in that movie.  It was a lot of fun.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6486 on: December 03, 2019, 01:52:26 PM »
Raging Bull, for the first time ever.

De niro's character hits SOOOOO close to home. I grew up around people like that. One wrong word and suddenly they are questioning everything and it quickly gets violent. Pushing people away with their own BS and insecurities.

Great movie regardless.

Online Harmony

« Reply #6487 on: December 03, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
I watched In the Shadow of the Moon and it's pretty cool! go for it!  :metal

I enjoyed it.  Anything with Michael C. Hall is a win for me.  I did figure out who the chick in the hood was though - well before it was revealed. 

Seems like it might have been a really good book vs. screenplay.  I'll have to check that out.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6488 on: December 03, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »
Over the Top

Besides Rocky/Rambo, I'd have to go with Demolition Man, but Cobra and Over The Top were solid too.

Loved Demolition Man but I've never seen Cobra or Over The Top

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6489 on: December 11, 2019, 08:00:10 AM »
Watched 'Winter's Bone' last night. The movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it before she was JLaw. I thought it was pretty good....very interesting look into rural Missouri. I can say that I have relatives on my fathers side of the family that live in conditions like that and recall visiting them a few times when we were kids.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6490 on: December 11, 2019, 08:21:03 AM »
Avengers. Finished Phase 1. Now onto Phase 2.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #6491 on: December 15, 2019, 02:37:01 PM »
Marriage Story

Probably the best movie I have seen this year (and of the year).

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6492 on: December 16, 2019, 02:56:10 AM »
Abominable, lovely animation set in China with a Yeti being captured and then escaping, being found by a teenager. Great visuals and heartwarming story, highly recommended!

I also watched The Grinch, last year's animated movie. An absolute visual delight as well, funny but not sappy (it's the Grinch after all), recommended as well for the season!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6493 on: December 22, 2019, 04:18:32 AM »
Doubling down on Xmas movies...

KLAUS - Amazing animated movie on Netflix. A clever and original approach to the beginning of the Santa Claus myth. You start jiggling and you end up almost crying. A new classic and one I bet in future years will become even more famous. A must see!

NOELLE - A Disney movie that I guess people will call sugary and cheesy, but I enjoyed it. Santa Claus here is an ordinary mortal man with the job being passed down on descendants, and now it's up to the young and inexperienced new Santa - and her titular sister, Noelle, the protagonist of the film - to try to hold up to the tradition, too bad that the new Santa runs away and Noelle has to try to find her brother.

It's very light hearted, so don't expect anything epic or mindblowing, and the fact that the protagonist is a girl can be seen by someone as "shoving feminism in a Christmas movie", but I didn't see it like that, just a dumb (in the good sense) cotton candy-ed story to have some holiday fun.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6494 on: December 22, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »
Noelle was amusing enough for a cheesy Christmas movie

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6495 on: December 24, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
Saw Marriage Story last night.

Good lord is that heart breaking. Fantastic movie, that is just so god damn amazing.

Though it's the 2nd movie where Laura Dern's character is trying to destroy Adam Driver's life.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6496 on: December 24, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »

Good lord is that heart breaking. Fantastic movie, that is just so god damn amazing.

I'm very much interested to see this, but have a feeling it'll be a little too close to home.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6497 on: December 24, 2019, 09:12:48 AM »
I really want to see that, too.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #6498 on: December 24, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »
Midsommar.

It wasn't as scary as Hereditary which scared the living shit out of me. Midsommar was more creepy and jarring at times and at times unsettling. Still a good watch. I'd rate it a 7/10.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6499 on: December 24, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
Midsommar.

It wasn't as scary as Hereditary which scared the living shit out of me. Midsommar was more creepy and jarring at times and at times unsettling. Still a good watch. I'd rate it a 7/10.

My favorite movie of the year.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6500 on: December 24, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »
Midsommar.

I'm gonna watch it too one day (so no spoilers plz), is it more or less in the style of The Wicker Man? as in "weird stuff going on with secluded group of people"? or it is a different kind of horror?

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6501 on: December 24, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
Midsommar.

is it more or less in the style of The Wicker Man? as in "weird stuff going on with secluded group of people"?

Yep.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6502 on: December 24, 2019, 02:02:29 PM »
Well, then I'm all in!  :hat

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6503 on: December 24, 2019, 10:14:06 PM »
Star Wars A New Hope; the first and in my opinion, still the best of the franchise.

I’ll see the new one this week or so!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6504 on: December 25, 2019, 10:48:38 AM »

Though it's the 2nd movie where Laura Dern's character is trying to destroy Adam Driver's life.

I just finished Marriage Story a few minutes ago. That was an extraordinary movie. I think that's the best ScarJo performance I've ever seen - and I never knew Adam Driver was such a good actor. Heartbreaking is exactly how I'd describe it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6505 on: December 26, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
Just got back from seeing the new Jumanji movie with the family.  If you liked the last one, this one was just as good.  Very funny, and the new characters were well-integrated into the story, alongside all of the returning characters.  Also, Karen Gillan is SUPER hot.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6506 on: December 26, 2019, 06:32:17 PM »
Much of the family and I went and saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood on Christmas Eve.  Very well done, and Tom Hanks did a fantastic job playing Mr. Rogers.  No surprise there, as Tom Hanks is the man. :coolio

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6507 on: December 28, 2019, 05:03:44 AM »
Will be re-watching Jumanji tomorrow night, and going to see the new one in theatre on Tuesday - family tradition for New Years Eve is dinner and a movie.  We want to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, but I'm willing to wait until it's available to rent - rather than spending $60 to see it in theatre.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #6508 on: December 28, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
Knives Out

Well, it was good, but it had this disney, goofy atmosphere all the time. The acting seems forced and unrealistic too. But overall, a good entertainment.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6509 on: December 29, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »
Oculus (2013):

Love this movie. It’s really well-made, quite creepy and very enjoyable. This was my third or fourth watch and I enjoyed it more than the previous times because I’ve grown quite fond of the lovely Karen Gillan. Anyway probably my favorite Mike Flanagan movie.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:25:15 PM by NoseofNicko »