Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 207785 times)

Offline Sacul

• Music elitist, stuff reader, video game addict.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Make it controversial!
    • Prog Talk Admin
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6405 on: October 05, 2019, 11:26:13 PM »
Joker. Had very little expectations and ended up very pleased with it actually. Amazing cinematography and acting.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6406 on: October 06, 2019, 04:37:42 AM »
The Terminal. Tom Hanks is a eastern european visitor from a country that suffers a coup just as his plane was in the air, so his passport is no longer valid and he has to remain confined at the airport for eventually 9 months.

Very enjoyable and heartwarming, some moments towards the end are a little too sappy but all in all it's a nice insight, albeit romanticized, of how life goes on in a place we all just pass by.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #6407 on: October 06, 2019, 06:02:11 AM »
Joker. Had very little expectations and ended up very pleased with it actually. Amazing cinematography and acting.

cool.  jingle.son and I are going tonight.
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6408 on: October 06, 2019, 06:41:19 AM »
The Terminal. Tom Hanks is a eastern european visitor from a country that suffers a coup just as his plane was in the air, so his passport is no longer valid and he has to remain confined at the airport for eventually 9 months.

Very enjoyable and heartwarming, some moments towards the end are a little too sappy but all in all it's a nice insight, albeit romanticized, of how life goes on in a place we all just pass by.

I agree on all counts.  The Terminal was made while at still worked at the airlines, and we heard a lot about it before most people, so I was practically obligated to see it at some point.  The premise sounded weird, though.  Tom Hanks as a foreign guy stuck in a terminal for several months.  I like both Hanks and Catherine though, so I gave it a shot and wasn't disappointed.  Pretty good movie

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6409 on: October 07, 2019, 10:35:35 AM »
Watched 'My Girl' with my wife and youngest son last night. I don't care how many times I see that movie.....the funeral scene when she comes down the stairs into the funeral and goes up to the coffin saying 'he need's his glasses on....he can't see without his glasses'......I gut cry on that every time.

The reason we watched it is because my youngest was asking me if I've ever cried at a movie. Well, I've cried at a few....but I told him that 'My Girl' was the one that floored me the most (for whatever reason). I think it's a really good movie....then you throw that tragedy into it and that scene and it's gut wrenching.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6410 on: October 09, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
Midsommar (2019): One of the best horror movies of the decade as is the director’s previous movie Hereditary (2018).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #6411 on: October 09, 2019, 08:25:05 PM »
Watched 'My Girl' with my wife and youngest son last night. I don't care how many times I see that movie.....the funeral scene when she comes down the stairs into the funeral and goes up to the coffin saying 'he need's his glasses on....he can't see without his glasses'......I gut cry on that every time.

I've never heard of this movie, but thinking of what you are describing, that gives me goosebumps....and a pit in my stomach.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6412 on: October 09, 2019, 08:26:08 PM »

I've never heard of this movie

Is this your version of me disagreeing with Stadler?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6413 on: October 09, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
No. Tim wasin a coma for over a decade.
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #6414 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »
No. Tim wasin a coma for over a decade.

A couple, actually! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6415 on: October 10, 2019, 01:08:49 AM »
Midsommar (2019): One of the best horror movies of the decade as is the director’s previous movie Hereditary (2018).

That's on my watchlist! nice to know it's good.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Member
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6416 on: October 10, 2019, 06:46:19 AM »

I've never heard of this movie, but thinking of what you are describing, that gives me goosebumps....and a pit in my stomach.

Seriously Tim? It was a pretty big movie back in the mid 90’s. It’s just a coming of age film for a couple young kids.....that happens to have a bad tragedy that rips your gut out.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind