Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554487 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6300 on: May 09, 2019, 06:03:04 PM »
I couldn't make it more than half an hour into that one. Just didn't grab my interest.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6301 on: May 09, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
Caught a 4:45 screening of Detective Pikachu. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Although it helps I saw it in 3D which I feel enhanced the visuals a lot, mainly was used for the Pokemon but not too much, it was used well to add more depth to the Pokemon realness.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #6302 on: May 10, 2019, 06:23:58 PM »
Just came back from the cinema with my two youngest cousins; like me, they both were very excited to go watch Detective Pikáchu. Sophia's favourite pokémon was Mewtwo. :)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6303 on: May 11, 2019, 04:11:43 AM »
Just came back from the cinema with my two youngest cousins; like me, they both were very excited to go watch Detective Pikáchu. Sophia's favourite pokémon was Mewtwo. :)

How'd you enjoy it?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6304 on: May 11, 2019, 05:25:19 AM »
Heavy Trip. The Spinal Tap for metalheads  :metal

Well, the comparison is not exact, because this is not a mockumentary, but an actual story of a finnish garage band (or to be more precise, slaughterhouse band because that's where they rehearse) who achieve immediate fame in their small town once word of a possible slot at a norwegian black metal festival gets out.

It's fantastic because it's made by people who actually KNOW the metal scene - you won't find stuff like "Judas Priest are black metal" from the Simpsons in here, it's a funny and sincere outlook on what it's like to be a metalhead fan of extreme music in a village in the middle of almost-arctic nowhere. It's funny from beginning to end and it's a must see for every metalhead!

Here's the trailer for those of you who didn't know it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQtfYY1L_Q
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

« Reply #6305 on: May 11, 2019, 12:34:42 PM »
I haven't watched the trailer, but your description of the film sounds really cool! I'll definitely try to find it and watch it.

How'd you enjoy it?
I liked it! :) But, then again, I played Blue on GameBoy and went to watch the first Mewtwo Strikes Back when I was a young boy.

I think there's a good balance between Pokémon and non-Pokémon elements throughout the film - it's not aimed just to Pokémon nerds. Also, there are a few subtle jokes which only adults/teenagers might enjoy.

The movie is funny as well as touching. I strongly recommend going!

Oh, and: my favourite pokémon (Gengar) appears on-screen a few times and, during the beginning of the credits, there's a cool nod to Red/Blue/Yellow fans. :)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6306 on: May 13, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »
Check out that Ted Bundy movie to see James Hetfield's cameo hehe
There should be an Oscar for "Best Actor Pretending He's Not James Hetfield", but James isn't winning that :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6307 on: May 13, 2019, 09:28:55 PM »
Is he worth watching? He plays a cop right?

I just imagine

Ted Bundy - "Do you want a confession"

James Hetfield -

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6308 on: May 14, 2019, 05:06:47 AM »
Yep, a cop. Skip to time stamp 8:00 and watch for 4 minutes, to avoid watching an entire Zac Efron movie.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6309 on: May 18, 2019, 04:35:44 AM »
A 1998 Robert De Niro movie called Ronin.

First time I ever saw it and I was really expecting more. It was very hollow in its story and it was strait up go get the macguffin and really nothing more. It did have a decent car chase though. 

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6310 on: May 18, 2019, 07:07:31 AM »
Booksmart - Pretty funny movie, too much swearing for my taste though.

John Wick 3 - If you liked the first two, you'll like this one. The most vocal audience I've ever heard in a movie, an a laughter, oh's and ah's kind of way.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6311 on: May 18, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »
Not a movie per se but I watched the Tapes of Ted Bundy, wow, that man was sick

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6312 on: May 18, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
John Wick 3 - If you liked the first two, you'll like this one. The most vocal audience I've ever heard in a movie, an a laughter, oh's and ah's kind of way.

Agreed. It stays right in line with the other two as far as action/fight scenes etc etc....and there were a few scenes in there that did induce some very audible reactions from the crowd. They've done a really good job with this franchise.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6313 on: May 18, 2019, 10:11:56 AM »
A 1998 Robert De Niro movie called Ronin.

First time I ever saw it and I was really expecting more. It was very hollow in its story and it was strait up go get the macguffin and really nothing more. It did have a decent car chase though. 

The only thing I ever heard about Ronin was the car chase, I’ve never seen the movie.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6314 on: May 18, 2019, 11:47:22 AM »

Well, the comparison is not exact, because this is not a mockumentary, but an actual story of a finnish garage band (or to be more precise, slaughterhouse band because that's where they rehearse) who achieve immediate fame in their small town once word of a possible slot at a norwegian black metal festival gets out.

It's fantastic because it's made by people who actually KNOW the metal scene - you won't find stuff like "Judas Priest are black metal" from the Simpsons in here, it's a funny and sincere outlook on what it's like to be a metalhead fan of extreme music in a village in the middle of almost-arctic nowhere. It's funny from beginning to end and it's a must see for every metalhead!

Here's the trailer for those of you who didn't know it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQtfYY1L_Q

I just downloaded this, planning to watch it tonite

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6315 on: May 18, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »
Have fun!  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6316 on: May 19, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »
HBO doc "At the heart of gold"

The movie about the American gymnastics abuse scandal. pretty wild, crazy stuff and worth a watch 

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6317 on: May 19, 2019, 06:49:20 PM »
Have fun!  :tup

That was really good, I liked it a lot

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6318 on: May 20, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
Fighting with my Family:

I thought this was a pretty enjoyable movie and had some good funny moments.  I can't really imagine non wrestling fans liking it too much though.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6319 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:25 PM »
New time travel flick on Netflix, See You Yesterday.

Nothing super special, but a fun watch.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6320 on: May 20, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
Detective Pikachu, I had fun with it. First half was superior though, the second half was a bit too much for me. I have to wonder how much the sequel wil appeal to me, because it seems my favourite element will be gone and one nostalgia inducing Pokemon film is perhaps enough for me. That said, usually these types of films end up being awful so they did a great job. Having a property like Pokemon kind of work in live action is amazing.

« Reply #6321 on: May 22, 2019, 12:18:45 AM »
Detective Pikachu, I had fun with it. First half was superior though, the second half was a bit too much for me. I have to wonder how much the sequel wil appeal to me, because it seems my favourite element will be gone and one nostalgia inducing Pokemon film is perhaps enough for me. That said, usually these types of films end up being awful so they did a great job. Having a property like Pokemon kind of work in live action is amazing.
Did you know, they are working on a CGI/3D re-make of the very first movie? To be released in Japan in July.
Here's the official website: https://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

Offline aurorablind

« Reply #6322 on: May 24, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Brightburn.
I liked it, but it could have been 20 minutes longer. It felt a bit rushed.
6.5/10

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6323 on: May 25, 2019, 07:31:41 AM »
I finally saw Casablanca.  Good flick. Not sure I buy it as one of the greatest movie ever, like it is often referred to, but I did enjoy it.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6324 on: May 25, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »
I finally saw Casablanca.  Good flick. Not sure I buy it as one of the greatest movie ever, like it is often referred to, but I did enjoy it.

Yeah, it's a good movie and it doesn't feel dated at all. I'm sure at the time it was really one of the greatest movie ever.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6325 on: May 27, 2019, 03:47:30 AM »
I decided a couple of days ago to watch/rewatch the animated Disney movies from the so called Disney Renaissance.

Some I have seen before, some I haven't.

So far I've watched:

Aladdin (my very favourite since I was a kid)
The Little Mermaid
Beauty & The Beast
The Lion King
Pocahontas

Left to watch (I haven't seen any of these before):

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Mulan
Hercules
Tarzan
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6326 on: May 28, 2019, 06:45:34 AM »
Went to see the live-action Aladdin remake. I was a huge fan of the original when I was a kid, and this was surprisingly good. Will Smith as the genie was decent, but it was hard to get past the fact that it was Will Smith. There were of course a few minor tweaks to the story, but that was mostly to make it less racist/sexist than the original. I went in with low expectations, but ended up really enjoying it.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6327 on: May 28, 2019, 07:13:02 AM »
Halloween (2018) - great film, a direct sequel to the original, retconning a few little things.  Loved seeing Jamie Lee Curtis still kicking ass and it felt like watching the original, having it set back in the neighborhoods of Haddonfield. 

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #6328 on: May 31, 2019, 03:45:20 AM »

Agreed. It stays right in line with the other two as far as action/fight scenes etc etc....and there were a few scenes in there that did induce some very audible reactions from the crowd. They've done a really good job with this franchise.

LOVED IT..great job again!! the dogs,ohhhhhhhhhhh, the dogs. Keep'em comin. :tup

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #6329 on: May 31, 2019, 09:59:59 AM »
Saw the new Godzilla, and if all you want is some good, wholesome, giant-monsters-killing-each-other fun, then I would not skip this. Yeah, the script was weak, the theme a bit half-baked, and it's hard to care about the human characters, but none of that is really why I watch kaiju/monster films.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6330 on: May 31, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
Saw the new Godzilla, and if all you want is some good, wholesome, giant-monsters-killing-each-other fun, then I would not skip this. Yeah, the script was weak, the theme a bit half-baked, and it's hard to care about the human characters, but none of that is really why I watch kaiju/monster films.

Totally why I'm going to see this on Tuesday.  I'm not expecting Oscar worthing acting, writing, or directing.  Eye-candy for sure - and I have no expectations otherwise.  I always talk about how much I loved Battleship - I simply loved it for what it was... a C-Movie with lots of bang, smash, pow!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6331 on: May 31, 2019, 10:44:05 AM »
Expect Godzilla vs Destroyer + Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, because it is literally just those two movies smooshed together. :lol They even use the Japanese Godzilla music cues in there.
Definitely better smashy smashy than the first one. But that mother is not winning any parenting awards, let me tell you.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6332 on: May 31, 2019, 11:34:27 AM »
It was pretty entertaining. Although I'd say that it could have used more wide angle shots of the monsters fighting. It was a little difficult to see what was going on, especially because it was always raining. I think these types of movies should dispense with the plot altogether. Just have an hour and a half of monsters fighting.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6333 on: May 31, 2019, 12:03:10 PM »
The Meg

Dumb loud stuff.  Almost too dumb to enjoy. 

Almost.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6334 on: May 31, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Watched "A Quiet Place" this afternoon.  WOW!!!  forget the Bird Box!  I'm really shocked I hadn't heard of this movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it.