Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554503 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6195 on: March 01, 2019, 08:52:39 PM »
LA Confidential. Actually never saw it from beginning to end before. Bunch of great performances.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6196 on: March 03, 2019, 07:11:43 AM »
Bohemian Rhapsody.

I liked it quite a lot. The casting and makeup department did wonders, they all seemed the actual Queen members, especially Brian and Roger. The differences between the movie and reality are annoying when you read them in an article, but once you're in the flow of the movie, they're not so jarring. You just have to keep in mind that it's a movie and not a documentary about the actual history of Queen. And after all when there's the massive Live Aid scene I dare anyone to not clap along to Radio Gaga!!!  :metal

Also, The Show Must Go On during the credits with the screen fading to black (minus the actual credits) after there was footage of a Don't Stop Me Now performance............ *shivers*
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6197 on: March 03, 2019, 08:06:02 AM »
LA Confidential. Actually never saw it from beginning to end before. Bunch of great performances.

Top 10 film of all-time, hands down. :tup :tup

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #6198 on: March 03, 2019, 10:08:58 AM »
Gran Torino

Made me think of this question: Eastwood is an icon, but is his acting ability underrated? I think so.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6199 on: March 03, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
Gran Torino

Made me think of this question: Eastwood is an icon, but is his acting ability underrated? I think so.

Definetly. Nothing iconic in a single performance, But every role is soooooooooooooooo  solid

Plus a GREAT director.

I met him a few years ago when they where filming Jersey Boys. We went out to eat (I was doing security), A fuckn pisser, down to earth, all around great man,

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6200 on: March 04, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
Spiderman into the spider verse. Great movie. My son and I loved it

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6201 on: March 05, 2019, 09:26:39 AM »
One of my favorite movies from last year

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6202 on: March 06, 2019, 05:25:29 AM »

My #1 movie of all time.

Spiderman into the spider verse. Great movie. My son and I loved it

I need to see this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6203 on: March 08, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
Wonder woman

I really liked it. I thought it did a fantastic job of creating a very believable World War 1 setting and that was a cool atmosphere/setting. The characters were great as well and it was a lot of fun.

My only complaint is that I wish they trimmed the run time down a little. A solid 2 hours would have been great, but besides that it was solid.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6204 on: March 08, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
1) This is Spinal Tap  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

2) Speed.  Obviously extremely unrealistic, but still a great action movie.  Speed 2 on the other hand.......

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6205 on: March 09, 2019, 12:41:46 AM »
The 6th sense

Wow, I forgot how good this movie was. Its so incredibly subtle and on point across the board. Regardless of M night's up and down quality over the years, The 6th sense is such a grand slam of a film.

And knowing the twist, its so insane how he puts all of it right there in front of you. I was looking for cracks and couldn't find any.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6206 on: March 09, 2019, 05:06:20 AM »
And knowing the twist, its so insane how he puts all of it right there in front of you. I was looking for cracks and couldn't find any.

Which is the way that twists should work. Nowadays there are too many twists added for shock value that makes you go "wait, what?" when you think 10 seconds about the plot.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6207 on: March 09, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »
Agreed. Another movie like that for me is The Prestige. Was a very enjoyable movie the first time through, and then re-watches are rewarding in a different way.
Photobucket sucks.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6208 on: March 09, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »
The 6th sense

Wow, I forgot how good this movie was. Its so incredibly subtle and on point across the board. Regardless of M night's up and down quality over the years, The 6th sense is such a grand slam of a film.

I think I must have been one of only a few who knew pretty early on in the movie that Willis's character was dead the whole time. I had a good hunch the whole time taht he was dead and that the kid was the only one who could see him and that Willis didn't know it. I spent the whole time 'waiting' for the 'twist' to be revealed.

Still didn't affect how awesome I thought the movie was/is
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6209 on: March 09, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
Agreed. Another movie like that for me is The Prestige. Was a very enjoyable movie the first time through, and then re-watches are rewarding in a different way.

I need to re-watch this one. It's been some time....such a good movie.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6210 on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »
Last movie seen: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Meh. Nice and shiny and all, but the story was kinda a mess. Also, do everything needs to have an origin story? even the damn snake of Voldemort has a tragic backstory now?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6211 on: March 09, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »
Shadow Nation

A documentary by George Lynch about the struggles of Native life and hardships. He uses music and talks to some Native Activists. And other known musician activists.

Its a good movie and is the last thing Native singer Gregg Analla had recorded.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6212 on: March 09, 2019, 09:40:17 PM »
Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Mr. Rogers is a saint. I love that man dearly. He is such an integral part of my childhood.

I was never aware of the major conservative backlash against him nor that the Westboro idiots tried to trash his funeral service.

This country needs a whole bunch of him right about now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6213 on: March 10, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »
Agreed on Mr Rogers. He's awesome. The backlash was by people who completely misunderstood his message. His message was not that kids are somehow entitled to anything just due to their existence. His message is that we all have value and are deserving of love just for who we are.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6214 on: March 10, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »
The Void

Horror movie. Had a decent set up, but fell apart pretty quickly, and didn't deliver.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #6215 on: March 11, 2019, 06:53:46 AM »
Bumblebee. Liked it a lot, although I don't much care for the whole 'Transformers' franchise. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6216 on: March 11, 2019, 07:17:45 AM »
Catching up on last year's stuff:

Deadpool 2 - Awesome  :metal   All of the Marvel jokes were hilarious.

Skyscraper - cheesy, fun action flick with The Rock.  Not much else to see here.

Ocean's Eight - it was alright, but doesn't live up to Ocean's Eleven with Clooney/Pitt, etc.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - I loved it.  Can't get enough of these films.  It was nice to see them move past the dino rampage on an isolated island (the trailer had me think the movie was a rescue-op, and that was finished 45 minutes or so into the film) and into the territory of dino auctions, weaponizing them and co-existing.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6217 on: March 11, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »
My 15 year old daughter and I have been watching Brooklyn 99.  She's seen every episode and suggested I might like it, so we've been watching it together.  It's dumb fun.

One of the main characters, an NYPD detective, is obsessed with Die Hard, and there are a bunch of nods/tributes to that movie.  I realized yesterday that my daughter has never seen Die Hard, so we watched it "on demand."  Unfortunately, it was edited for broadcast TV (although it wasn't the REALLY badly edited one with "yippee-kay-aye Mister Falcon"), and I realized that I don't own Die Hard.  However, I was reminded of just how good that movie was.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6218 on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:33 PM »
One of the main characters, an NYPD detective, is obsessed with Die Hard, and there are a bunch of nods/tributes to that movie.  I realized yesterday that my daughter has never seen Die Hard, so we watched it "on demand."  Unfortunately, it was edited for broadcast TV (although it wasn't the REALLY badly edited one with "yippee-kay-aye Mister Falcon"), and I realized that I don't own Die Hard.  However, I was reminded of just how good that movie was.

I never saw Die Hard and I put a remedy to that only last Christmas. I enjoyed it as if it was just released and I also understood immediately why it had such a great status, and how it influenced many other action movies, and I guess it's a testament to the strength of the movie if you see it 30 years later and it doesn't feel dated at all.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #6219 on: March 11, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »
I saw A Quiet Place last night. I saw it got a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 95%.

WHY???

Did anyone else think it's FULL of logic errors?
any rock can be made to roll

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6220 on: March 11, 2019, 01:11:08 PM »
Did anyone else think it's FULL of logic errors?

Like why take your whole family that includes a very young child on a supply run to town? Or, why not pull out (or other methods) during sex to make sure you don't have a baby that would most definitely die a horrible death and probably lead to your entire family dying? Or, why show a primitive form of communication with the fires at night that shows other survivors nearby but then still spend the entire film acting as if they're all alone and not working together?

Stuff like that?

I still liked the movie though.

Offline Jay T

• Old Fart
« Reply #6221 on: March 12, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
Went and saw Captain Marvel. It was alright, but not my favorite from the MCU.
I don't know what to write for my signature, so this will have to suffice for now.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #6222 on: March 16, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »
Girl in the spiders web.  Pretty nice watch.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6223 on: March 16, 2019, 12:45:52 PM »
Major League- Still a great sports movie that holds up.  I've seen part 2 but can't remember it; the reviews for the sequel were pretty bad. I'll watch it if that comes on.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6224 on: March 16, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »
Aquaman.

Predictable every step of the way, but damn it was fun. Maybe a bit too long but there were a lot of great moments.

Looks like they're finally getting these DC Universe movies right (also Wonder Woman was great), and they screw up only when Batman and Superman are involved, the irony  :D

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6225 on: March 17, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »
Triple Frontier

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME FOLKS

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6226 on: March 17, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »
Triple Frontier

Aw man, really? I was gonna watch that one. Looked good.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6227 on: March 17, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »
Triple Frontier

Man, it looked good at first, but it's terrible and predictible, and it has so many flaws that I am in rage to have wasted 2 hours of my time

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6228 on: March 17, 2019, 07:33:25 PM »
Triple Frontier

Man, it looked good at first, but it's terrible and predictible, and it has so many flaws that I am in rage to have wasted 2 hours of my time

I will heed the warning. There’s too much other good content/shows etc to watch tongove up valuable time to a dud.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6229 on: March 18, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
Under the silver lake

I had been anticipating this movie for quite a while, since its written and directed by the same guy that did It Follows. (A movie that I loved). Unfortunately, it wasn't that great.