Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554770 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5740 on: June 23, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
You seen one Lowes, you seen 'em all.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5741 on: June 23, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom wasn't very good. Kinda just meh. The last movie was much more enjoyable.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5742 on: June 24, 2018, 05:11:33 AM »
One of my favourite Van Damme movies is Hard Target. A totally ridiculous premise where they strap money belts to homeless people and set them off running, to be hunted by some rich people with automatic weapons.

Dude. DUDE. Thanks for pointing this one out. I just finished watching it with my bro and it was FUCKING AMAZING. Definitely the most action packed Van Damme movie I've seen. So many explosions, and people set on fire, and ridiculous vehicle stunts, and so many shots fired. I don't know that any other Van Damme movie could top that.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5743 on: June 24, 2018, 06:32:01 AM »
Ocean's Twelve - A bit too silly, but the dialogue and characters are good as ever.

Ocean's Thirteen - I think this is my favorite of the three, really like this one.

Funny all three Ocean's movies were on tv last night and I tuned into them at parts. I haven't seen oceans eleven in probably ten years and it has not aged that well but I maintain that oceans twelve is the worst of the lot. Thirteen is easily the best.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5744 on: June 24, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
One of my favourite Van Damme movies is Hard Target. A totally ridiculous premise where they strap money belts to homeless people and set them off running, to be hunted by some rich people with automatic weapons.

Dude. DUDE. Thanks for pointing this one out. I just finished watching it with my bro and it was FUCKING AMAZING. Definitely the most action packed Van Damme movie I've seen. So many explosions, and people set on fire, and ridiculous vehicle stunts, and so many shots fired. I don't know that any other Van Damme movie could top that.

Ha ha! You’re very welcome. Glad you enjoyed it!

I’ll have to remind myself of its greatness soon. I wonder if it’s this movie that inspired his look for the Coors Light adverts?  :laugh:

Hard Target Bloodsport are prob my two top Van Damme movies.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5745 on: June 24, 2018, 06:28:55 PM »
For van damme movies, I love Time cop

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5746 on: June 24, 2018, 06:54:53 PM »
Just got back from Jurassic World and I liked it, fun movie and a good way to kill an afternoon.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5747 on: June 25, 2018, 07:47:33 AM »
Incredibles 2. Fantastic!  :tup :tup :tup
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5748 on: June 27, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »
I just rewatched Predestination. It was already one of my favourite movies after the first viewing, but it was even better the second time. Every line works differently once you've seen it and know the outcome.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5749 on: June 27, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »
I just rewatched Predestination. It was already one of my favourite movies after the first viewing, but it was even better the second time. Every line works differently once you've seen it and know the outcome.

My head hurt so bad after watching that movie  :lol  but I really enjoyed it though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5750 on: June 27, 2018, 12:10:42 PM »

My head hurt so bad after watching that movie  :lol  but I really enjoyed it though.

I was fine once it was all revealed at the end, but it confused me during the movie a lot (as was intended). I think Primer is more of a mindfuck. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5751 on: June 27, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »

I was fine once it was all revealed at the end, but it confused me during the movie a lot (as was intended). I think Primer is more of a mindfuck. :lol

Time travel eh?  I'm shocked.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5752 on: June 27, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »

Yeah. That’s a good movie. Watched it on a whim one night and was pleasantly surprised. Will have to watch again sometime.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5753 on: June 27, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »
Just scored (2) passes to a screening of The Sicario sequel on next Tuesday. First movie was awesome. This one looks cool as well.

Screening was actually tonight...not last night. If you liked the first one you’ll like this one. Same type of feel, production etc.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5754 on: June 27, 2018, 09:24:26 PM »
Excellent to hear. The best thing for me about the first movie was not really the story so much but really the entire look and feel of the movie and how several of the scenes were depicted. Denis Villeneuve had a gift of visual storytelling and the border crossing is probably one of my favorite scenes in any movie. Supplemented with the music, Sicario is one of my favorite movies of all time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • żDe qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5755 on: June 27, 2018, 10:07:14 PM »
I think Primer is more of a mindfuck. :lol
Primer's fantastic and a 6 in the mindfuck spectrum  :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5756 on: June 27, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »
Excellent to hear. The best thing for me about the first movie was not really the story so much but really the entire look and feel of the movie and how several of the scenes were depicted. Denis Villeneuve had a gift of visual storytelling and the border crossing is probably one of my favorite scenes in any movie. Supplemented with the music, Sicario is one of my favorite movies of all time.

This one delivers on that aspect. Especially the first half of the movie. Like I said, it’s produced and delivered in the same vein as the first movie. Story is good also. It’s not complicated or ‘original’ but it’s done well.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5757 on: July 02, 2018, 12:09:53 AM »
I watched The Quest on the weekend, a 90s Van Damme movie that's basically just a worse Bloodsport. :lol
The highlights of the film include Roger Moore as a shady businessman who sells Van Damme into slavery, and an opening scene with Van Damme in old age makeup beating up a bunch of thugs with a cane. Also Van Damme as a clown on stilts being pursued by the cops. Aside from that, pretty standard stuff.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5758 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:15 AM »
Ready Player One. It was quite fun. It got away with all the exagerated action scenes because they were a videogame / simulated reality. While other movies play it straight, and do impossible action scenes that defy the law of physics or the human resistance and sharpness of senses just because CGI can do it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5759 on: July 04, 2018, 12:21:11 PM »
Dr. Strange

Pretty good stuff. Its like the movie version of ayahuasca or if Inception and the matrix had a baby. Super trippy

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5760 on: July 06, 2018, 07:30:19 AM »
The Founder

Great performance by Michael Keaton as Ray Kroc of McDonald's fame.  I live in the Chicago suburbs, so it was neat to see and hear certain suburbs pop up in the background or in dialogue as he expanded his empire. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5761 on: July 07, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »
The Disaster Artist.

I really enjoyed it although a lot was cut from the book. There are still so many mysteries surrounding Tommy.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5762 on: July 11, 2018, 04:52:02 AM »
Ready player One. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved the 'Shining' tribute they put in there!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5763 on: July 13, 2018, 05:17:00 AM »
Lionheart / Wrong Bet

Continuing my way through Van Damme movies. In this one he finds his way into underground fighting, so it's something very different for him. :neverusethis:
Nothing too unique, but it was another really good movie, and I liked the variety in the fight scenes.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5764 on: July 13, 2018, 06:51:53 AM »
Molly's Game

Pretty entertaining. I'm curious to read the book now. I'm also curious how accurate both are to the real events.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5765 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:40 PM »
12 hour plane ride, so I got to watch a few movies.

Jumanji 2 - Actually really liked it. I think when it came out, I was just super busy or trying to see all the Oscar movies and didn't make this one. But yea, really entertaining and fun. Thumbs up.

Pitch Perfect 3 - I really liked the first one, then didn't care much for the 2nd one. This was in between. Not as bad as two, but not good either. Perfect to watch on a plane, but yea. Meh.

Game Night - I have no idea why I missed this. Probably cause of all the school stuff I was doing. I loved it. Really well crafted movie. Fun as hell.

Stranger on a train - Classic Hitchcock film. Really great actually. Some of the performances are super dated, like Guy and his future sister in law, but most of the performances were really good, especially Bruno. He was intense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5766 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
Jumanji 2 - Actually really liked it. I think when it came out, I was just super busy or trying to see all the Oscar movies and didn't make this one. But yea, really entertaining and fun. Thumbs up.

I though Jack Black stole the show in two places. First when he's being a teenage girl peeing with a penis. Second when he's being the high school hot chick teaching the high school nerd chick how to come on to men.

I really liked that movie too.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5767 on: July 13, 2018, 06:23:05 PM »
Escape Plan 2

The first one was ok, but nothing that really wowed me.  I'm a big Stallone fan, but this sequel was terrible.  One of the  worst Stallone movies I've seen and this movie really goes nowhere fast.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #5768 on: July 13, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »

Watched it yesterday. Liked it a lot too. A lot of fun. I think I’m in love with Karen Gillan.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:50:36 PM by NoseofNicko »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5769 on: July 13, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
Sorry to Bother You.

.....what an insane movie. I went in with very little knowledge (which helps) and god damn was this movie bananas. I don't even know how to describe it. Go see it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5770 on: July 15, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »
I was planning on going to see that as soon as I have time. I saw a trailer a while back and thought it looked.good and now I'm hearing lots of good things.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5771 on: July 15, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »
Watching Baby Driver again. Friggin BRILLIANT movie :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5772 on: July 16, 2018, 01:33:26 AM »
Jurassic World 2 - The Lost Kingdom.

Not half as bad as I resigned myself it would be (I accepted the invitation from friends to go to see it figuring that good company, air conditioning at the cinema and dinosaurs couldn't be such a horrible mix). Of course they're continuously riffing on the "We got dinosaurs, we hope all will go well but most definitively it won't" theme of all the other movies, and I'm not sure where they did find the time to came up with the new dinosaur, but it was enjoyable for what it is.

Worst tropes: the tranquillizers that work on different animals AND humans, and the impossible explosions with equally impossible survivals from the protagonist. I know movies are all about not being reality but come on, there's only so much suspension of disbelief that one can take.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5773 on: July 16, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
[quote author=MirrorMask link=topic=43505.

Worst tropes: the tranquillizers that work on different animals AND humans, and the impossible explosions with equally impossible survivals from the protagonist. I know movies are all about not being reality but come on, there's only so much suspension of disbelief that one can take.
[/quote]

We suspend our disbeliefs, and we are entertained.. 🎶
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5774 on: July 16, 2018, 01:42:41 PM »

Watched it yesterday. Liked it a lot too. A lot of fun. I think I’m in love with Karen Gillan.

Don't even get me started on Karen Gillan.  All those looks AND comedic chops AND she's 5'11"!  That's almost not fair.

Also agree with Podaar that Jack Black stole the show.  I was pleasantly surprised all around at the Jumanji remake/sequel.

Jurassic World 2 - The Lost Kingdom.

Not half as bad as I resigned myself it would be (I accepted the invitation from friends to go to see it figuring that good company, air conditioning at the cinema and dinosaurs couldn't be such a horrible mix). Of course they're continuously riffing on the "We got dinosaurs, we hope all will go well but most definitively it won't" theme of all the other movies, and I'm not sure where they did find the time to came up with the new dinosaur, but it was enjoyable for what it is.

This one really felt like going through the motions, and I left feeling quite certain that I'm done with Jurassic Park/World movies.  So...John Hammond had a partner?  That was rather out of left field.  And said partner used the same dino cloning technology to clone his daughter?!  That seems like a rather significant bomb to drop and then just sort of ignore it.

Yeah...I'll suspend my disbelief, pretty much the whole thing was one "whatever" after another.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung