Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554455 times)

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5250 on: December 22, 2017, 01:05:21 AM »
The Last Jedi.  I would say this was my favorite of the three new ones and I enjoyed the comedy aspects.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5251 on: December 22, 2017, 01:17:55 AM »
Arthur Christmas. Yes, I'm on a Christmas movies roll  :D

I  discovered this animated movie even existed because I was browsing a Wikipedia list, but it was quite nice and original - it tries to answer the question "How does Santa bring all the gifts in time?", by having the current Santa (because it's like a monarchy, old Santas retires as their younger sons ascend the post) flying around in a state of the art sleigh / spaceship, with a troop of elves doing the ground work of delivering presents.  The titular character is the younger son of Santa who notices a child didn't receive his gift and wants to deliver it to her at all costs.

I'd suggest it to everyone wanting to show their kids a nice and unusual christmas story... or even to adults into animated movies  :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:29:41 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5252 on: December 31, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
While I'll admit that Home alone 1 is the better movie, Part 2 will always be my favorite. It was my first introduction the incredible Tim Curry and the murderous level the traps are taken to this time around blows my mind to this day. I really love those two movies.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5253 on: December 31, 2017, 08:07:49 PM »
While I'll admit that Home alone 1 is the better movie, Part 2 will always be my favorite. It was my first introduction the incredible Tim Curry and the murderous level the traps are taken to this time around blows my mind to this day. I really love those two movies.

"Now why would he dip the rope in Kerosene?"

I prefer 2 as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5254 on: January 01, 2018, 04:19:42 AM »
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Fun, but has a bit too many flaws and was not overall as good as the first.

Dunkirk - Really interesting and unique way to make a war film. The unusually low amount of dialogue and character connection made it feel so real that it felt fake.

American Made - Pretty good, nothing special.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Better than I thought it would be, but still cancer.

Logan Lucky - Fun, charming. Again, nothing special but ultimately perfectly enjoyable.

The Foreigner - I liked it. More than I thought I would. Adequately interesting and good performances.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5255 on: January 01, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »
Downsizing.  jingle.son was an extra (didn't get to see him though).  Weird movie.  Some parts were really funny, but overall just seemed like a movie that didn't know what it wanted to be - comedy, social reflection, drama, satire... it seemed like quite a potpourri.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5256 on: January 02, 2018, 02:10:10 AM »
About halfway through IT....
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5257 on: January 02, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »
This weekend we watched the following:

Get Out- 9/10 Really good and enjoyable film.
The newest Pirates Movie- 6.5/10 Funny and enjoyable but unnecessary. Though I feel like they need to make one more to have an even 6 films and close out Sparrow's story.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5258 on: January 02, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
Arthur Christmas. Yes, I'm on a Christmas movies roll  :D

I  discovered this animated movie even existed because I was browsing a Wikipedia list, but it was quite nice and original - it tries to answer the question "How does Santa bring all the gifts in time?", by having the current Santa (because it's like a monarchy, old Santas retires as their younger sons ascend the post) flying around in a state of the art sleigh / spaceship, with a troop of elves doing the ground work of delivering presents.  The titular character is the younger son of Santa who notices a child didn't receive his gift and wants to deliver it to her at all costs.

I'd suggest it to everyone wanting to show their kids a nice and unusual christmas story... or even to adults into animated movies  :D

One of my favorite Christmas movies. So funny.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5259 on: January 02, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
Have binged a ton of movies lately, due to late night baby feedings and tv shows taking a holiday hiatus over the last 2-3 weeks.

James Bond - continuing my quest to watch most, if not all of the films.  I think I have one more Roger Moore film and most of the Sean Connery ones to watch. 

Diamonds Are Forever
Live and Let Die
The Man With the Golden Gun
The Spy Who Loved Me
For Your Eyes Only
Octopussy
A View to a Kill
Spectre (re-watched this - this started my Bond binge six months ago)

The Hunt for Red October
XXX Return of Xander Cage
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5260 on: January 02, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Fun, but has a bit too many flaws and was not overall as good as the first.

Same here.  First one had plenty of style, but some substance to back it up.  This was like more of the same, but a bit less of each, and the blatant flaws were distracting.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5261 on: January 02, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
Virtuosity

One of russell crowes first films. So bad its good? well I get a kick out of it, lol

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #5262 on: January 09, 2018, 10:36:27 PM »
Wind River. Really, really good.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5263 on: January 10, 2018, 04:47:37 AM »
Blade Runner 2049. A tad long, but fantastically atmospheric and beautifully shot and acted. But confused at first who the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys' were.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Grappler

« Reply #5264 on: January 10, 2018, 06:34:13 AM »
Robocop
Robocop 2

Robocop 3 is up next.  I'm not sure how I never watched these before.  So incredibly cheesy and violent with awful special effects.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5265 on: January 10, 2018, 06:37:45 AM »
Robocop 3 is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2 btw. I absolutely love the first two though. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5266 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
Wild Things

I've always liked this one and Denise Richards is a total smoke show in it!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5267 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
Wild Things

I've always liked this one and Denise Richards is a total smoke show in it!

And the uncut version is even better! *naughtyboy*
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5268 on: January 12, 2018, 07:52:48 AM »
Good Time - Pretty good. Really weird.

Lady Bird - Excellent movie, very charming.

The Disaster Artist - Funny and interesting. Haven’t seen The Room in full but have seen enough to get it.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - One if the best movies of the year.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5269 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:30 AM »
Robocop 3 is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2 btw. I absolutely love the first two though. :metal

Totally agree.

Part 1 is my favorite, and part 2 is very strong as well. Tom noonan always fantastic in the role of the villain.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5270 on: January 12, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »
Watched 'Fury' last night with Brad Pitt. Second time viewing. Still not sure if I like this movie or just think it's okay. Has some really good scenes. Just not big on war movies.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5271 on: January 12, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
Happy Death Day.

It's Groundhog's Day meets Scream - the very same premise, reliving the same day over and over, but the protagonist is a girl getting killed and she doesn't know by whom. I watched it because I had nothing else to do (and I'm half sick and I couldn't keep attention for other longer movies I wanted to see) but I was pleasantly surprised - it was funny, clever, and the mystery is actually very well laid out, with the clues there to see if one thinks back to the movie.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5272 on: January 12, 2018, 11:54:19 PM »
Went and saw The Post tonight. Spielberg delivered another great one! Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep’s first movie together was well worth the wait! Both shine in this historical about defending the press and their freedom to expose corruption. Solid performances from the supporting cast including David Cross and Bob Odenkirk. Spielberg masters keeping the audience completely engaged in the conflict without a lot of action. Also includes a beautiful score from the Maestro himself, John Williams! One of the strongest films I’ve seen that is in Oscar contention.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5273 on: January 13, 2018, 09:54:22 PM »
The whole family went and watched the new Jumanji tonight. Real fun movie. My kiddos cracked up a lot and I had a good chuckle here and there. Obviously nothing ground breaking but it was a good movie to watch with the family.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5274 on: January 13, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »
Still catching up on stuff.  Tonight we watched Wonder Woman and Spider-Man Homecoming.  Both pretty good flicks.  I haven't seen all of the DC movies, but Wonder Woman was easily the best from DC that I've seen.

Spider-Man Homecoming wasn't perfect but was a pretty good installation in the Marvel series.  Nice integration of the Civil War plotline to let us know how it all fits together.  Slightly strange how Stark/Iron Man was in it, but kinda not in it, too, but this was Spider-Man's movie.  So Liz was the main girl he liked, while Michelle was the other girl, and she goes by "M.J." but I'm sure there's no significance to that, right?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5275 on: January 14, 2018, 12:05:39 AM »
Phantom Thread.

What a twisted movie. Also Anderson's most subdued movie yet. Sadly DDL isn't going to win the oscar for it, since there were no big over the top moments But man, the performances were amazing and nuanced.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5276 on: January 15, 2018, 05:54:11 AM »
Loving Vincent. An acceptable story about the son of a friend of Van Gogh investigating the final days of the painter. What makes it "especially special" is that the entire movie is PAINTED - it's all handmade, the footage of the real actors has been painted in Van Gogh's styles and the characters from his portraits are brought to life.

A visual feast worth seeing for the effort and the novelty of it alone!

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5277 on: January 15, 2018, 07:44:10 PM »
Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri.

This movie has stayed with me since I saw it last night. It such a bizarre movie tonally. One moment you're laughing and the next moment you are covering your mouth in shock. The performances are stellar, SPECIFICALLY from Frances McDormand. She deserves every award dished out to her. My absolute favorite performance of the year.  I feel the Sam Rockwell character arc was unearned, and that was a pretty major part of the film, so it detracted from it in a big way. It's a good film beyond the acting, but does it deserve the awards? I think Shape of Water, Dunkirk, and The Post are stronger films in the awards contention.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5278 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:58 PM »
Shape of Water.

Loved it! Minus that one scene with...Pandora.  :'(

Can we please finally recognize Doug Jones for the greatness that he is? I mean, Andy Serkis is almost a house hold name, but Doug Jones is completely unknown to most people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5279 on: January 16, 2018, 06:44:21 AM »
La La Land - meh had good moments but I'm not a fan of musicals anyways
Everything, Everything - decent, cute

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5280 on: January 16, 2018, 07:15:07 PM »
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. I liked this movie even more the second time. The movie certainly does not hold your hand but it's not completely cryptic like some people make it out to be.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online faizoff

« Reply #5281 on: January 16, 2018, 09:16:33 PM »
Dunkirk. Finally got to check this movie out. Really amazing cinematography, very well edited and gripping pace overall. Such a crying shame I didn't see it in the theater or IMAX 70mm. Would've been an amazing experience.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #5282 on: January 16, 2018, 10:22:41 PM »
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. I liked this movie even more the second time. The movie certainly does not hold your hand but it's not completely cryptic like some people make it out to be.

His creepiest movie imo.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5283 on: January 16, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »

A very cool movie.

Online Grappler

« Reply #5284 on: January 17, 2018, 06:23:41 AM »
Goldfinger

Fun, but I'm burnt out on Bond movies.  I've watched about 15 of them in the last 6 months and they all have just blended together.  I have two more saved on the DVR (Thunderball, From Russia With Love) and I have no interest in watching them before they disappear in two weeks.

Under Siege

DVR'ed a bunch of Steven Segal movies that I hadn't seen.  Tommy Lee Jones is always fun to watch, as is Gary Busey.  And Erika Eleniak is hot.