Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563291 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #3465 on: October 08, 2016, 02:11:37 PM »
Lethal Weapon :tup

Don't really remember 2 and 3 but I remember 4 being meh.

Is it the first movie with Joss Ackland and " It's just been revoked " ?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3466 on: October 08, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »

The "Diplomatic Immunity..." line?

Lethal Weapon 2.

But yea, I admit the first three kind of blur together a bit for me, as much as I really love them all.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3467 on: October 08, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
The Darjeeling Limited (2007): 9/10

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3468 on: October 08, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
I LOVE The Darjeeling Limited, one of my favorite Wes Anderson movies!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3469 on: October 09, 2016, 07:02:11 AM »

Such a fantastic movie, I need to rewatch it sometime. I've only seen it once.

I saw The Girl On The Train yesterday, girlfriends turn to pick the movie and it was pretty good.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3470 on: October 09, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
He's one of my favorite directors. He hasn't made one bad movie yet.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3471 on: October 09, 2016, 08:13:49 PM »
Moonrise Kingdom (2012): 9/10

Offline Adami

« Reply #3472 on: October 09, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
Empire Records (extended cut). Love this movie so much.

I really wish, however, that they included the two deleted scenes that give Rex Manning a whole redemption arc.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3473 on: October 09, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version)

Not usually my kind of movie, but I enjoyed it. For a longer movie of this genre, I didn't feel it dragged, and the pacing was good. I might watch the US version now just to compare them, as the consensus seems to be that it's as good.

I generally prefer the Swedish version, but I have to say that the soundtrack of the US version is really amazing. Not sure if you'd dig it though, but it definitely heightened my enjoyment of the US version.
Trent Reznor is a genius  :metal

Also gotta watch the Swedish version, but maybe after I read the book  :P

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3474 on: October 09, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »
Goodness, now you're going to make me go on a Wes Anderson marathon.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #3475 on: October 09, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
Goodness, now you're going to make me go on a Wes Anderson marathon.
That's what I am doing. :p

Hotel Chevalier (2007): 7/10

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3476 on: October 09, 2016, 09:10:26 PM »

I really wish, however, that they included the two deleted scenes that give Rex Manning a whole redemption arc.

Damn it, I keep forgetting to check out the extended cut.  Although it sounds like it could have been extended even more.  I read about the Rex Manning thing, and it sounds like something that would have been nice to have included.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3477 on: October 09, 2016, 09:12:34 PM »

Damn it, I keep forgetting to check out the extended cut.  Although it sounds like it could have been extended even more.  I read about the Rex Manning thing, and it sounds like something that would have been nice to have included.

Yea, the extended cut adds some scenes but also changes some which helps with some subtle things. Like with Liv Tyler tries to seduce Rex and then freaks out and runs away makes more sense in the extended cut and is actually a bit funny.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3478 on: October 10, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »
Watched The Witch. Pretty good and creepy horror film.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Nice
« Reply #3479 on: October 10, 2016, 09:07:03 AM »
Fight Club. I'm not a movie buff, but this film is amazing in every sense. I think rewatching it has reaffirmed it as my fav movie.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3480 on: October 10, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
Manhunter (1986)
The introduction of Hannibal Lecter or Lektor as it was spelt in this movie. The prequel to Silence of the lambs. I'd seen Red Dragon, the remake of sorts, prior to Manhunter and really enjoyed it even though it was directed by mr. Rush Hour Brett Ratner. Michael Mann has made some of my all time favorite movies Heat, Collateral, The Insider to name a few. Manhunter definitely shows it's age with the music and some stylistic choices but overall it was still a very well made movie. Seeing Brian Cox as Hannibal was very different and not sure what to make of it since in my mind Anthony Hopkins is all I can think of (haven't seen the Hannibal show yet) I'd still rate this movie a 7.5/10.

@kaos The Witch or VVitch is an awesome horror movie. I thought they did great justice to the witch mythology and gave it the proper witch treatment, one that I haven't seen before.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3481 on: October 10, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »
The Little Prince

Absolutely world class animation with 10 times the heart of a Pixar movie outside of the first 10 minutes of UP.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3482 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »

The "Diplomatic Immunity..." line?

Lethal Weapon 2.

But yea, I admit the first three kind of blur together a bit for me, as much as I really love them all.

I like all four a lot, although each one was less good than the previous one.  Good job of introducing great main supporting roles throughout the series (Pesci in 2, Russo in 3, etc.).  The chemistry between Gibson and Glover was so money.

Offline Adami

« Reply #3483 on: October 10, 2016, 08:46:48 PM »
Yea, I loved those two together. Pesci I thought also added a great quality.

I actually liked the 4th one, as silly as it was.

And I liked the brief Danny Glover cameo in Maverick too.

Also currently watching X-Men apocalypse for the first time. Will report soon (though 50 minutes in and it's pretty awful)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Adami

« Reply #3484 on: October 10, 2016, 10:51:33 PM »
Okay, finished X-Men Apocalypse.

God that was terrible. What a poorly and lazily written movie, apparently based around action pieces. None of it made any real sense and they introduced a whole new slew of characters to totally waste and get wrong.

And so lucky no one aged 20 years since First Class, what kind of face lotion are they using?

And thank goodness they stayed true to the comics and made Mystique the one true leader of the X-men.

There's no way I could put in all of my complaints without writing them as I rewatch the movie. But the new Quicksilver scene? Horrible, seriously looked like a damn video game from 10 years ago.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:01:03 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3485 on: October 10, 2016, 11:00:48 PM »
Yeah Apocalypse was extremely disjointed and disappointing. Felt like I was watching The Last Stand again. Seemed so odd that it was made by the same guy who made Days of Future past. Felt like it was made by a completely different director.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3486 on: October 11, 2016, 02:48:22 AM »
I've disliked the new Quicksilver scene since pre-production when some producer said something like that they were going to top the previous Quicksilver scene by having an even better scene like that in this one. That's a really studio-minded way to write a movie. Just replicating scenes people liked in the last movie and just scale it up.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3487 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36:03 AM »
God that was terrible. What a poorly and lazily written movie, apparently based around action pieces. None of it made any real sense and they introduced a whole new slew of characters to totally waste and get wrong.

Sounds like Matrix Reloaded :p

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3488 on: October 11, 2016, 03:37:08 AM »
Yeah Apocalypse was extremely disjointed and disappointing. Felt like I was watching The Last Stand again. Seemed so odd that it was made by the same guy who made Days of Future past. Felt like it was made by a completely different director.

Oh Bryan Singer. You made The Usual Suspects and then....

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3489 on: October 11, 2016, 05:17:46 AM »
I watched Apocalypse this weekend as well. Yeah, not a good movie.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3490 on: October 11, 2016, 05:28:43 AM »
I enjoyed it thoroughly so...  :-*

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3491 on: October 11, 2016, 06:37:21 AM »
The Rocketeer (1991)

It's an OK adventure film.  Timmy Dalton gives a great performance as a tash twirling villain.  But really the most amazing thing about this movie is Jennifer Connelly........wow, seriously wow.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3492 on: October 11, 2016, 06:43:14 AM »
The Rocketeer (1991)

It's an OK adventure film.  Timmy Dalton gives a great performance as a tash twirling villain.  But really the most amazing thing about this movie is Jennifer Connelly........wow, seriously wow.

Rocketeer > Iron man 2

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3493 on: October 11, 2016, 07:11:15 AM »
The Rocketeer (1991)

Rocketeer > Iron man 2

Yeah I can go with that.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3494 on: October 11, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »
I've disliked the new Quicksilver scene since pre-production when some producer said something like that they were going to top the previous Quicksilver scene by having an even better scene like that in this one. That's a really studio-minded way to write a movie. Just replicating scenes people liked in the last movie and just scale it up.

It's the musical equivalent of writing another hit single in the vein of the previous top charting one.

I've seen Apocalypse too, didn't really dislike it but at this point I don't even try to reconcile all the timelines and the age factor.

Last movie seen as required by the title is The Legend of Tarzan. It was mostly good, Tarzan is immortal because he gets shot and gets an arm broken by a gorilla but he acts like it never happened, but the scenery was nice and the story acceptable enough to keep interest in the movie.

Loved the stampede scene at the end! it was a bit cheesy but, since at the beginning I made a musical analogy, it was a silly stupid heavy metal song to mosh with  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3495 on: October 11, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »
Finally saw The Shallows the other night.  It was about what I expected, overall.  The end was ridiculous, but it otherwise held up pretty well.  The beach thief's end was a great scene.  Effective, minimal use of flashbacks.  Not sure what else to say about that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3496 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:13 PM »
Chopping Mall

If extremely ridiculous cheesy old school horror movies are your thing, then this is the ultimate.  I love it!

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #3497 on: October 13, 2016, 07:47:08 AM »
Bernie, with Jack Black as the beloved Texas mortician who murdered a wealthy widow he had befriended in 1996. I really enjoyed this! Very funny, and the "documentary" style made it really fun. Also, Black and Shirley MacLaine were great. Matthew McConaughey was hysterical as the very Texas DA dude, and some of the people "interviewed" were just amazing.

The actual story is fascinating, and I was surprised to hear that Bernie had been free for about two years and living on a property owned by Richard Linklater, until he had a re-sentencing earlier this year and is now back in prison/never coming out: https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_571b8514e4b0d4d3f7238b84/amp?client=ms-android-att-us

It's so hard to say what actually happened- did he really just snap in the moment and care for the lady, or was his personality some really elaborate sociopathic act? The world will never know! Definitely an enjoyable movie though.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3498 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:28 PM »
I'll have to check that out. I keep seeing it available on Netflix, On Demand, but always skipped over it.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #3499 on: October 13, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »
Yes, definitely worth watching!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.