Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563763 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #2975 on: July 11, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »
It's all about mood.  If something is going to have an emotional effect on you, your emotional state at the time will be a factor.  That goes for movies, music, or any other art form.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2976 on: July 11, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
Well said on substances and music, Orbert. And yes, that movie definitely will require alcohol to view :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2977 on: July 12, 2016, 02:12:30 AM »
Lolita, the remake. Love that damn movie. Jeremy Irons is amazing. The final "showdown" is completely absurd and hilarious, and I kind of forgot about that since I haven't watched it in so long. I also think Dominique Swain does an awesome job, but man has her career gone downhill since she started- this and Face/Off were her first (and probably best) movies, as a teen. I just looked up her imdb page and she has been in a million crappy looking movies, including two I need to hunt down- Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre (yes, Sharkansas... also starring Traci Lords) and Nazis at the Center of the Earth :rollin
I can vouch for Nazis at the Center of the Earth - the end battle is brilliant!  :lol In fact, the whole movie is brilliant if you're into good bad movies. :rollin
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2978 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:21 AM »
Re-watched Escape From Alcatraz last night, been maybe a good decade since I saw it, but it still holds up well IMO. While I think it got good reception, it always struck me as a somewhat underrated Clint Eastwood movie that isn't one of the first to be brought up when talking about his good films, but I really like it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2979 on: July 13, 2016, 10:33:08 PM »
Spotlight. This movie made me weep. I always have a feeling of hopelessness when people in power abuse their position, and yet there's nothing you can do about it. A very powerful movie very beautifully told.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2980 on: July 13, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Spotlight. This movie made me weep. I always have a feeling of hopelessness when people in power abuse their position, and yet there's nothing you can do about it. A very powerful movie very beautifully told.

That's one of those movies that I really enjoyed and really liked but have no desire to watch again. Not that it's too intense or anything, it just feels like a once and done thing.

Although, there was that one former priest who was all like "Of course I touched them, but it wasn't rape...I should know, I was raped". I wanted to see a lot more of that guy but he never came back. :(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2981 on: July 15, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
Watched the first Hunger Games and Harry and the Hendersons. Wasn't that impressed by the first Hunger Games but we're going to watch the whole series. Harry and the Henersons is still awesome after all of these years.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2982 on: July 15, 2016, 07:49:14 AM »
I haven't seen the 4th Hunger games movie yet but among the first three, the first is easily my least favorite. I really didn't care for it. The 2nd one was the best though, with the 3rd really good as well. Need to watch the last one someday.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2983 on: July 15, 2016, 07:57:13 AM »
The last Hunger Games movie was okay. The pacing was a bit slow, but I think that's the result of stretching one book into two movies.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2984 on: July 15, 2016, 08:51:24 AM »
Wasn't really impressed with the first Hunger Games either, but the rest are loads better.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2985 on: July 15, 2016, 01:54:01 PM »
That's good to hear because we're watching the second one tonight!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2986 on: July 16, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
Coming to America.

Somehow, I had never seen this, but finally did so recently, and thought it was really funny.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2987 on: July 16, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
Coming to America is awesome!  Very different role for Eddie, at least at the time.  Playing the straight guy.  Actually, it's almost a serious movie, with the humor coming from the situations and Eddie and Arsenio's naivete.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2988 on: July 16, 2016, 09:46:52 AM »
Good point. That stupid grin he wore for the majority of the movie was priceless.

"Wipers?!" :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2989 on: July 16, 2016, 10:51:52 AM »
"The royal penis is clean, your highness."

"Ahhh..."

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2990 on: July 16, 2016, 11:04:47 AM »
 :lol, it's so good. I can thank my oldest brother for showing me that when I was little. He exposed me to many things I probably otherwise wouldn't have encountered at my age (I'm 31, he's 42). Also Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and hair metal and shit.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2991 on: July 16, 2016, 11:16:28 AM »
THE GRAIL Rulez!

Online Adami

« Reply #2992 on: July 16, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
:lol, it's so good. I can thank my oldest brother for showing me that when I was little. He exposed me to many things I probably otherwise wouldn't have encountered at my age (I'm 31, he's 42). Also Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and hair metal and shit.

Your brother exposed you to the royal penis?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #2993 on: July 17, 2016, 12:14:24 AM »
West Side Story - Been a while since I've seen and man is it fantastic. Just so incredible on every level, and that ending? Almost had me in tears.

Roman Holiday - No idea why I put this one off for so long. Just completely charming. I probably fell in love with Audrey Hepburn in the first 10 minutes and I wanted Gregory Peck to be my dad. Just a brilliant movie.

Room - Man......wow. I really have no words, what an amazing powerful movie. That kid should have won the damn oscar and Brie also deserved hers. I am completely blown away by how well acted/written/directed that movie was.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2994 on: July 17, 2016, 01:19:32 AM »

Roman Holiday - No idea why I put this one off for so long. Just completely charming. I probably fell in love with Audrey Hepburn in the first 10 minutes and I wanted Gregory Peck to be my dad. Just a brilliant movie.

Ahhh yes. One of my favorite Hepburn movies. It was one of those prototypical sleepless nites and I saw it on some movie channel.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2995 on: July 17, 2016, 07:50:58 AM »
Everest - well... that was depressing. Kinda knew that going into it though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2996 on: July 17, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »
Finally got around to seeing The Hateful Eight.  It was good, but as far as QT films go, it doesn't come close to being as awesome as most of his others.

Also, while the SLJ acting shtick, for lack of a better term, is awesome, it seems like at this point he just does the SLJ thing, but in different wardrobe more often than not.  His role in Django was awesome, because it was so different, but in THE, it was basically him doing the Jules role again while wearing different clothes.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2997 on: July 17, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »
Everest - well... that was depressing. Kinda knew that going into it though.

My main problem with Everest was that it didn't fell like a well constructed story, which is understandable since it's true events. There needs to be some sort of pay-off, and I don't just mean a positive one. Se7en has an awesome pay-off. It's dark and depressing as all hell, but it's still the climax to a well told story. Everest just didn't have that.

I liked all the performances though, and it was engaging, it was just afterwards I felt that there was something missing.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2998 on: July 17, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »
Coming to America.

Somehow, I had never seen this, but finally did so recently, and thought it was really funny.

Welcome to McDowells
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2999 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:19 PM »
Took the Grandkids to see The Secret Life of Pets.  Have to admit, I laughed my frikken ass off.  I really enjoyed it!

Online Adami

« Reply #3000 on: July 17, 2016, 07:52:43 PM »
Seven Year Itch - Meh

Battle Royale - God damn. Also now I understand why guns are illegal in Japan, they're basically useless on children. Took like 10 shots for anyone to stay down. And apparently that one dude can get shot like 20 times, get up, have a phone conversation, enjoy a cookie and then die.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:06:32 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3001 on: July 17, 2016, 08:48:51 PM »
:lol
Battle Royale is awesome. The sequel sucks though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Adami

« Reply #3002 on: July 17, 2016, 08:51:38 PM »

Then I shall skip it!

I was a little confused by the ending, maybe you can clear it up. Why did that teacher dude go to the jungle to see that one girl (Don't even ask me any names) and then essentially let himself die? I feel like I blinked and missed it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #3003 on: July 17, 2016, 08:56:44 PM »
Also, I wonder what futuristic movies will look like in 20-30 years? (Movies set in their future)
I wonder if they'll watch our movies and be like
"Dude that looks soooo dated"
"Oh yes, lol they thought the future was one big Apple Store"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3004 on: July 17, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »

Then I shall skip it!

I was a little confused by the ending, maybe you can clear it up. Why did that teacher dude go to the jungle to see that one girl (Don't even ask me any names) and then essentially let himself die? I feel like I blinked and missed it.

It's been a few years since I saw it, so I can't remember.

I miss the good old days when the future always looked like the '80s, except with flying cars and robot hookers.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3005 on: July 18, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »

Seven Year Itch - Meh

You didn't like it? It has been a while since I saw it but I always enjoy it when I do catch it on television.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3006 on: July 18, 2016, 06:10:48 AM »
Did an X-Men double feature. Last night I rewatched Days of future past and this morning First Class. Love them both. Really like what they´ve don to the franchise.  What are your opinions?
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3007 on: July 18, 2016, 06:33:35 AM »
Did an X-Men double feature. Last night I rewatched Days of future past and this morning First Class. Love them both. Really like what they´ve don to the franchise.  What are your opinions?

I love those two movies. Maybe I'm biased because Jennifer Lawrence looks so good in blue. However, I'm also a huge fan of Fassbender as Magneto, so I think the movie is filled with win.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3008 on: July 18, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »

I love those two movies. Maybe I'm biased because Jennifer Lawrence looks so good in blue. However, I'm also a huge fan of Fassbender as Magneto, so I think the movie is filled with win.

Ditto. Still haven't seen Apocolypse yet.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3009 on: July 18, 2016, 06:44:30 AM »
We watched Catching Fire, the second Hunger Games, this weekend. It was much better than the first. Looking forward to the next one.

I also rewatched Man of Steel in preparation fo the extended edition of Batman vs. Superman getting released Tuesday. Man of Steel was much better than I remember it being.