Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563253 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #2940 on: July 03, 2016, 07:09:27 AM »
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition (the new half an hour longer version)

I still like this movie. It has some obvious flaws, but I still enjoy a lot of the stuff in there. And I actually liked the longer version more, since it helped to set things up a bit better.

Still though, how they treated Doomsday is not okay.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2941 on: July 03, 2016, 08:51:23 AM »
Saw a test screening of Suicide Squad last nite. LOVED it. Margot Robbie steals the movie as does Leto. Fun flick.
That's pretty cool you got to see it that early, I wonder if that cut changes from the theatrical release as there's still another month to go for the US release.
One of the producers was there and he said it was not the final cut and editing is still ongoing. Seemed like they wanted feedback as far as how batman was handled to be honest. The questionnaire was loaded with batman questions and if the movie was a bit over the top/violent. which I don't think it was. it will get a pg-13 rating if the cut I saw basically stays the same

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2942 on: July 03, 2016, 11:41:05 AM »
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition (the new half an hour longer version)

I still like this movie. It has some obvious flaws, but I still enjoy a lot of the stuff in there. And I actually liked the longer version more, since it helped to set things up a bit better.

Still though, how they treated Doomsday is not okay.

How they treated Doomsday, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Martha Kent, Aquaman, Superman, Jimmy Olsen, and the general plot is not okay.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2943 on: July 03, 2016, 01:25:35 PM »
I do think Lex was a mistake, but the others I don't really mind, including the general plot. It's not great, but I enjoy watching it.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2944 on: July 03, 2016, 01:48:34 PM »
I do think Lex was a mistake, but the others I don't really mind, including the general plot. It's not great, but I enjoy watching it.

How dare you enjoy something that I did not enjoy!!

I said good day!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2945 on: July 03, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »
My sincerest apologies, sir.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2946 on: July 03, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »
My sincerest apologies, sir.

That isn't enough. I will never forgive you. Under any circumstances.

Unless....of course....your mom has the same name as mine?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2947 on: July 03, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »
 :lol

Is it Jessica?

Offline Adami

« Reply #2948 on: July 03, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2949 on: July 03, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »
Dammit!

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2950 on: July 04, 2016, 12:44:43 AM »
Watched The Fisher King last night. So good! Robin Williams, we miss you!  :sadpanda:
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2951 on: July 04, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »
Also watched Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice ultimate version. I actually think the middle part of the movie has improved. They could´ve easily leave out the whole Doomsday plot and it be a perfectly good movie, although then there wouldn´t have been any need for Wonder Woman. It´s a long haul, but overall, I liked it better then the original release.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2952 on: July 04, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
The Usual Suspects. Never gets old. Pure brilliance.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2953 on: July 04, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »

GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER AAAARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!!

gimme teh fuggen keys cockcuggrrrr.

IN ENGLISH PLEASE ?

Offline Adami

« Reply #2954 on: July 04, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
Real Life - An early Albert Brooks film from 1979. Not terribly sure how I feel. I liked it, and I can tell they were trying to make a point, but I feel like it was a bit....immature in its attempt and didn't quite pan out. Still an interesting watch.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2955 on: July 04, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »
Sin City: A Dame to Kill for.

It was alright, but I probably should have refreshed my memory of the first Sin City before watching this one.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2956 on: July 04, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER AAAARRRGGHHHH !!!!!!!

gimme teh fuggen keys cockcuggrrrr.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN ENGLISH PLEASE ?

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2957 on: July 04, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2958 on: July 08, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
I will not go on a rant. Although I could. Just rewatched Batman v Superman extended. Better than the theatrical. A movie that could have had so much promise. I have kinda stood by Snyder in the past. But the movie...........granted fits a bit better in the extended version is just................I do not know exactly. Choppy I guess. Story blows. I , to be honest just felt cheated lets say. Long story short it just did not work. Just a weird movie for me. Eisenberg was horrible. Maybe my vision of what he should have been in the story was not what I hoped. Oh well. Anyway. Not a movie I will revisit anytime soon.  Gave it a few shots.  That said..............on to catching up on BBQ Pitmasters,

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2959 on: July 08, 2016, 01:20:57 PM »
Finally got to see MI- Rogue Nation. I really enjoyed it, I still like Ghost Protocol a lot and is near my favorite one, the first one will always have a special place. The only one I didn't like was the 2nd one.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2960 on: July 08, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
Finally got to see MI- Rogue Nation. I really enjoyed it, I still like Ghost Protocol a lot and is near my favorite one, the first one will always have a special place. The only one I didn't like was the 2nd one.

100% this.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2961 on: July 10, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »
Just watched The Infiltrator. Cranston rules. Solid movie. Not great but solid.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2962 on: July 10, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »
The Kings of Summer - Actually pretty good. The main kid was a total douche, but the other two were pretty interesting. Offerman played it perfectly, but Patrick's parents were so effective at eliciting intolerable frustration that I almost punched my TV. Still, a really good coming of age movie. Probably should have spent more time in the first act exploring family dynamics, but still great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2963 on: July 10, 2016, 08:29:22 PM »
Spotlight. Very good although in retrospect my only really complaint would be that there was some moments of suspense but there was no real danger. Even the small obstacles that came up were resolved relatively quickly.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2964 on: July 11, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
Lolita, the remake. Love that damn movie. Jeremy Irons is amazing. The final "showdown" is completely absurd and hilarious, and I kind of forgot about that since I haven't watched it in so long. I also think Dominique Swain does an awesome job, but man has her career gone downhill since she started- this and Face/Off were her first (and probably best) movies, as a teen. I just looked up her imdb page and she has been in a million crappy looking movies, including two I need to hunt down- Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre (yes, Sharkansas... also starring Traci Lords) and Nazis at the Center of the Earth :rollin
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2965 on: July 11, 2016, 01:10:55 PM »
Shutter Island for the first time.
Unfortunately I had the ending spoiled from way back but it was really nice seeing it play out knowing how it really is.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2966 on: July 11, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre ft. Traci Lords sounds like something I want to watch with a couple of friends while drunk off my ass.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2967 on: July 11, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »
Jackie, every time a read your posts on these B- movies, I picture you owning the posters and are hung up all around your house.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2968 on: July 11, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »
Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre ft. Traci Lords sounds like something I want to watch with a couple of friends while drunk off my ass.

I never understand when I read things like " Can't wait for the new [whoever] album! Gonna get fucking smashed and listen to it..."

Wouldn't you rather enjoy the new album by your favourite band with a completely clear head ?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2969 on: July 11, 2016, 04:49:13 PM »
Kotowboy,  it's like playing a Psychostick album watching those movies. You know it's not the normal music you listen too but it's so fucking fun and so funny and mocking that it's fun to knock a few down while listening to it ot watching it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2970 on: July 11, 2016, 05:34:12 PM »
Exactly.  Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre does not exactly sound like high art or anything to take remotely seriously.  It does, however, sound like something fun to watch while completely hammered.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2971 on: July 11, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »
Exactly.  Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre does not exactly sound like high art or anything to take remotely seriously.  It does, however, sound like something fun to watch while completely hammered.

I can understand that when it's something trashy like that but when it's like the new Dream Theater or Metallica album ? I'd want to have as much clarity as possible to fully take it in.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2972 on: July 11, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Completely agree.  Those movies are just fun.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2973 on: July 11, 2016, 06:19:38 PM »

I can understand that when it's something trashy like that but when it's like the new Dream Theater or Metallica album ? I'd want to have as much clarity as possible to fully take it in.

Drugs and alcohol affect everyone differently.  For some, "clarity" is not necessarily the goal.  I find that combustible intoxicants often induce a sense of "augmented reality" which gives music greater emotional depth.  It also depends on my mood and the specific type of intoxicant.  But there have definitely been times when I've listened to music and felt things I did not feel when I was stone cold sober.  I was even surprised the first few times I listened to tunes I'd heard before and dismissed (too poppy, too commercial, too whatever) but after desoberizing, I actually got into it.  I totally expected it to have the opposite effect; if I didn't like the music before, it would just be a buzz-kill.  But instead, I locked into the music, put myself into the performance, and found that I liked it.  It doesn't happen every time or anything, but it happens often enough for me to recognize it as a real thing, an effect of the intoxicant.  But as I said, everyone's different.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2974 on: July 11, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »
Once More Round The Sun by Mastodon came out when I was in a really shit place. I hated where I lived - i'd had no job for 2 years and the Job Centre were trying to force me to apply

for jobs they KNEW I didn't want to like fast food outlets when I was applying and getting interviews for places I DID want to work.

The album wasn't doing anything for me.

Fast forward two years and I spun it today after a long gap. I like my flat. I live near many beaches which I can visit every day. My work is pretty good.

...Loved it.