Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563658 times)

Online faizoff

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #2730 on: May 27, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »
I didn't really know that it was a time travel movie. Hence why I wasn't paying attention as much. I was in my casual viewing mode.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2731 on: May 27, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
I didn't really know that it was a time travel movie. Hence why I wasn't paying attention as much. I was in my casual viewing mode.

I can see how that might be a bit confusing then. :lol I was confused, and I was watching it solely because it was a time travel movie. How did you come across the movie if not for the time travel? :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2732 on: May 28, 2016, 10:34:54 AM »
I don't really try to find out what any movie is about before seeing it. I did know it was a thriller type of movie and it had good ratings which is why I wanted to see it in the first place, it might have also been after it was mentioned here, had I remembered that it was a time traveling movie I'd have watched it some other time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2733 on: May 28, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
had I remembered that it was a time traveling movie I'd have watched it some other time.

Pun intended? :neverusethis:

I only look up as much as is necessary to decide whether I want to see a movie or not, then add it to my watchlist. By the time I get around to watching the movie, I hopefully don't remember even that much. With Predestination, I was basically expecting a cheap scifi movie along the lines of Time Cop 2. The second it started the flashback with the guy being an orphaned girl, I was like WTF? :lol
One one hand, it's nice not knowing what to expect, but some movies do require you to be in a certain mindset/mood.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2734 on: May 28, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »
Xmen Apocalypse. Great, but not amazing.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2735 on: May 30, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »
Saw the Angry Birds movie with my family last night. It was ok. Nothing really stood out, but it had some pretty funny moments... a few over their head adult jokes thrown in there (which you will get with Jason Sudekis thrown in there). Nothing to write home about though. I'm sure we will see Finding Dory in a few weeks though... I'm more surprised of the fact that my daughter pretty much sat through the whole thing quietly and paid attention most of the way. She's getting so much better at that. Makes me happy.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2736 on: May 31, 2016, 08:33:32 AM »
Finally saw Jurassic World.

It was enjoyable.  Well done, for what it was.  Not earth-shaking by any means, but a good solid movie.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2737 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »
That's what I thought at first too. Then after letting it sink in for a few months, I now despise it.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2738 on: May 31, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
That's what I thought at first too. Then after letting it sink in for a few months, I now despise it.
Why?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2739 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:59 AM »
Began watching the documentary series The Jinx on HBO. 3 episodes down and 3 to go. Fascinating so far.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2740 on: May 31, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
Why?

Morphing super alien dinosaur. Training raptors. 50% of the movie is just wanking off the audience with referenses to the first movie. Kids I don't care about, with a super unnecessary "parents divorce" subplot that goes nowhere. Hero wins the girl even though having changed nothing from who he was when she dumped him the first time. Laughably bad villain, wanting to use the raptors for the military. The end fight is just ridiculous, just why would any of that go down the way it did unless it said "cool final fight because summer movie" in the script. And lastly, the dinosaurs can fucking talk to each other.

Jurassic Park 4: Jumping the Shark.

Also, a small detail, the colors are too bright. There is no sense of grit or realism. It's the same thing The Hobbit movies did. I know that's a silly thing to criticize a movie for, but it's just something that stood out. I probably wouldn't have minded it was a good movie.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2741 on: May 31, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
Man, I thought that I was too hard on movies sometimes.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2742 on: May 31, 2016, 03:48:23 PM »
Most importantly though, I am mostly just upset because it even exists in the first place. I just think it's completely useless. Same thing with Terminator 5.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2743 on: May 31, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
Sinister 2

Eeeeeh. It was okay, the first one was definitely better. But I guess there's not really much you can do with this kind of movie when you've used all your tricks once. Also fuck the ending, I almost shit myself because I got completely relaxed and thought it was over.  :lol It does it in the first movie too if I remember right so it's kinda on me.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2744 on: June 01, 2016, 08:41:54 PM »
I saw Jurassic World last summer and it was dumb but fun.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2745 on: June 02, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »
I just watched one hell of a time travel movie called Predestination. Came out in 2014 and this thing does not mess around. My head hurts from trying to put it all together. I highly recommend though.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2746 on: June 02, 2016, 07:10:20 PM »
Me too just saw that movie if you look at the last few posts of mine in this thread. I have to see it again and pay attention to the details. Crazy circular story.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2747 on: June 02, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »
Sleeping Beauty...and not the one everyone is thinking of. It's this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_Beauty_%282011_film%29

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2748 on: June 02, 2016, 08:20:19 PM »
That sounds like a very strange movie.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2749 on: June 02, 2016, 08:30:25 PM »
So far, it is intriguing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2750 on: June 02, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »
12 Monkeys. Surprisingly good written.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: June 02, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »
I just watched one hell of a time travel movie called Predestination. Came out in 2014 and this thing does not mess around. My head hurts from trying to put it all together. I highly recommend though.

Is there some kind of temporal loop that's making everyone watch this movie recently? :lol I loved it, so I'll second the recommendation.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2752 on: June 03, 2016, 06:49:15 AM »
Introduced my youngest daughter to The Big Lebowski last night.  Many lols were had.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2753 on: June 03, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2754 on: June 03, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »
I love it.  Anthony Hopkins never wanted to be an actor, and honestly doesn't give a damn about the "craft" itself.  He does it because apparently people will pay him large amounts of money to do it, but I don't blame him for doing whatever the heck he wants.  Sure, people scoff at the Transformers movies, but he doesn't care.  It's also entirely possible that making such a movie is good, stupid fun.

This is where the expression "Laughing all the way to the bank" comes from.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2755 on: June 03, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »
I'm more concerned that they are actually making a Transformers 5 at all.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2756 on: June 03, 2016, 08:10:29 PM »
I'm more concerned that they are actually making a Transformers 5 at all.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2757 on: June 04, 2016, 12:13:09 AM »
I'll Follow You Down
Yet another movie involving time travel, because that's how I roll. It was strange seeing Haley Joel Osment not as a kid, and it's still kind of hard to take him seriously. Once the movie focused more on the drama in the middle part, it became painfully predictable and a bit cliche. It had potential once they time traveled near the end, but then that just gave the plain old happy ending and wasted some potential. Not a great movie, not a bad movie, just watchable.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2758 on: June 04, 2016, 03:18:08 AM »
The Revenant.

Wonderfully shot, impressive sceneries and all, but after two hours of Di Caprio's gurgling grunts of suffering all I could hear was "Give me my damn Oscar already".

A couple of prolonged sequences were truly fantastic however, like the attack at the beginning, that was incredibly well done.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2759 on: June 04, 2016, 03:19:41 AM »
Hail, Caesar!

Not bad. Not great. I enjoyed it mostly, though it all just felt......pointless. However, it was truly awesome to see Christopher Lambert again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2760 on: June 04, 2016, 04:43:09 AM »
I'll Follow You Down
Yet another movie involving time travel, because that's how I roll. It was strange seeing Haley Joel Osment not as a kid, and it's still kind of hard to take him seriously. Once the movie focused more on the drama in the middle part, it became painfully predictable and a bit cliche. It had potential once they time traveled near the end, but then that just gave the plain old happy ending and wasted some potential. Not a great movie, not a bad movie, just watchable.

I saw Haley in the Entourage movie and I felt the same way. It was distracting to me.  Can't explain why.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #2761 on: June 04, 2016, 06:05:40 AM »
Saw The Nice Guys yesterday. Awesome movie.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2762 on: June 04, 2016, 06:11:21 AM »
Man, I want to see that movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2763 on: June 04, 2016, 06:23:18 AM »
Me too. I'll probably wait for the blu ray though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2764 on: June 04, 2016, 07:07:12 AM »
I'll Follow You Down

I saw Haley in the Entourage movie and I felt the same way. It was distracting to me.  Can't explain why.

I'm glad it's not just me. :lol