Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563547 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #2555 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »
I'd rather watch the sequel to 8MM that he wasn't in.

8mm2 : Shit gets REEL

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2556 on: May 06, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
I'd rather watch the sequel to 8MM that he wasn't in.

8mm2 : Shit gets REEL

I'm not going to fact check you because I want to believe that this is a real title to a movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2557 on: May 06, 2016, 04:04:17 PM »
It is.

It is.

:hug:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2558 on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
But that movie is full of comedy gold :lol

Nicolas Cage is one of those actors whose movies I will always watch no matter how bad or good they are just because he really does put his intensity into every role. Sometimes it comes across as comical, even though he doesn't mean it to. You probably know better than anybody, sometimes you just have to watch his nuances and expressions. If you blink, you just might miss something hilarious.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #2559 on: May 06, 2016, 05:36:50 PM »
I can't really take Nicholas Cage seriously as an actor anymore after so many laughable movies he's starred in. I love it.  :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #2560 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
My favorite Nic Cage movies....

The Shawshank Exception
Swastikly
Superman's Cat
Puke Bus
The Bottomless Pit
Dandruff (Directed by M. Night)
Space A$$
Schindler's Fist
The Color Purple (the all white remake)
Dick Hole Black Hole
Lantern Jack
A$$ Backwards
Schindler's Pissed
90 Minutes of Real Estate Ads
F*** Asian People

Great movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2561 on: May 06, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »
All 9/10, easily.

Nicolas Cage is one of those actors whose movies I will always watch no matter how bad or good they are just because he really does put his intensity into every role. Sometimes it comes across as comical, even though he doesn't mean it to. You probably know better than anybody, sometimes you just have to watch his nuances and expressions. If you blink, you just might miss something hilarious.

EXACTLY :lol... even if the movie blows goats you have to give him credit for trying.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2562 on: May 06, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »
All 9/10, easily.

EXACTLY :lol... even if the movie blows goats you have to give him credit for trying.

One of his best scenes.   :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yGzuoXwRY

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2563 on: May 06, 2016, 11:16:15 PM »
Captain America : Civil War.

Holy fuck.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2564 on: May 07, 2016, 01:37:17 AM »
Captain America : Civil War.

Holy fuck.

Yeah, it was great.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2565 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »
My Own Private Idaho. What a bizarre and wonderful movie :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #2566 on: May 07, 2016, 08:59:01 PM »
Just watched A Public Idaho For Everyone. A bit driven by communist agenda, but over all not terribly bizarre or wonderful.  :-\
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2567 on: May 08, 2016, 01:59:27 AM »
Chappie - I'm only half way through, but I give up. I can't take any more, this is awful. It's so hacky and stupid and blunt, that literally everything is making me cringe and facepalm.
At the start they're talking about how impossible it is to hack these robots because of the security, and then an employee is able to just take the guard key and a robot and walk out without anyone in charge following up on it for an entire day or two, except for psychotic army mullet man.
The bad guys trying to use Chappie are complete idiots. They owe millions of dollars to this guy, so they want to use the robot to steal some money, and then despite only apparently having 5 days of charge, most of them just go along with happy family paint fun teacher time like they're raising a baby (and don't even get me started on the complete stupidity of how every movie seems to think a learning AI would act like a literal human child. Humans are not the benchmark of intelligence). And they just let the robot dude leave and he'll come back later to teach it. Everything about this scenario is wrong. And everyone looks and sounds horrible.

Just once I'd like to see a good robot AI movie that doesn't fall into the same stupid patterns.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2568 on: May 08, 2016, 02:06:00 AM »
The Force Awakens for the sixth time. Still doesn't get old. I love this movie just as much now as I did the first time, if not more.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2569 on: May 08, 2016, 08:58:29 AM »
Just watched A Public Idaho For Everyone. A bit driven by communist agenda, but over all not terribly bizarre or wonderful.  :-\

:|

Also, Chappie did look dumb but I haven't seen it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2570 on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
Here's a thought.

Would Force Awakens be so popular if none of the other Star Wars films existed ?

Is it half nostalgia and half "it's not the prequels" ?

If you removed any reference to previous SW does it stand on its own ?

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2571 on: May 08, 2016, 11:52:33 AM »
Here's a thought.

Would Force Awakens be so popular if none of the other Star Wars films existed ?

Well, we would have no former knowledge of the Force or Lightsabers, so yeah it'd be pretty strange
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online Adami

« Reply #2572 on: May 08, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Here's a thought.

As popular? No.

Still popular? I think so. Obviously the film would have to be slightly re-written to make it a standalone.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2573 on: May 08, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »

For good or for bad, Cage has a very individual style of method acting that always makes his performances unique. 

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2574 on: May 08, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »
Here's a thought.

Obviously it wouldn't be as popular. But it's a sequel, so I don't think it needs to.

And, I don't really have a nostalgic connection to the Star Wars movies, except maybe The Phantom Menace, so that aspect doesn't matter to me personally.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2575 on: May 08, 2016, 05:29:43 PM »
It really sucks that Nic Cage has fallen into the "straight to DVD" category, because despite being practically a meme at this point, he's a good actor and more specifically he stands out and has a presence on screen. I could just imagine what Nic Cage could do in a.. Tarantino-movie for example. I think that would be the perfect way to re-introduce Nic Cage to the wider audience who hasn't seen him since what, Ghost Rider? He really needs a hit.

I can just imagine Nic Cage playing a colorful villain in a Tarantino film. "KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GODDAMN HONEY!"

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2576 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:43 PM »
:lol

He has done good things more recently, especially Joe, but most people don't know it exists.

Guys, I went to a Hulk Hogathon today, holy shit. We watched No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando, Santa Claus with Muscles and Thunder in Paradise.  All ridiculous. Suburban Commando was easily the best, but they all had their moments of gold... gold, flowing hair, that is.

Online Adami

« Reply #2577 on: May 08, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »
:lol

He has done good things more recently, especially Joe, but most people don't know it exists.

Guys, I went to a Hulk Hogathon today, holy shit. We watched No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando, Santa Claus with Muscles and Thunder in Paradise.  All ridiculous. Suburban Commando was easily the best, but they all had their moments of gold... gold, flowing hair, that is.

Suburban Commando is amazing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2578 on: May 08, 2016, 10:34:35 PM »
Kung Fury

"Is this the police?"
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Adami

« Reply #2579 on: May 08, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
Finally watching Fan4stick.

25 min and this is some really bad writing. I know people slag the last act, but is this supposed to be the good part? It's well shot and the acting is fine, but man....really bad writing.

Edit: Okay, the scene where they wake up and Reed escapes is pretty cool.

Aaaand back to horrible writing.

Wow this movie was truly awful. The last act...jesus, absolutely none of it made any sense. Doom can explode people's heads from a distance, but the FF beat him by.....punching him? Ugh.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:30:27 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2580 on: May 09, 2016, 12:10:53 AM »
You watched a Hulk Hogan marathon without Mr Nanny? Bah!
I haven't seen Suburban Commando in forever, but it has Doc Brown and The Undertaker in it, so it's ok by me. Unfortunately, I have seen Santa With Muscles in the past couple of years, and it was plain bad. Not even so bad it's good, just regrettably bad and let's never speak of it again. Even worse than that though, was Secret Agent's Club.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Adami

« Reply #2581 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »

That's exactly what I told her!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2582 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:12 AM »

25 min and this is some really bad writing. I know people slag the last act, but is this supposed to be the good part? It's well shot and the acting is fine, but man....really bad writing.

Wow this movie was truly awful. The last act...jesus, absolutely none of it made any sense. Doom can explode people's heads from a distance, but the FF beat him by.....punching him? Ugh.

I think Fan4stic opens up fairly OK. I found myself thinking "this isn't THAT bad" through a lot of the backstory. The main problems really start after the "1 year later" (or whatever the time jump was). The best part of any superhero origin movie is to see the heroes learn how to use their powers. So what does Fant4stic do? They just jump over all of that. The most baffling thing about the movie was how there wasn't a mid-movie battle. I was worried beforehand when I saw that the movie was 90 minutes (or whatever) and turned out to be right on that. The movie goes from backstory right into the final fight of the movie with no flow whatsoever. Urgh and that final scene when they come up with the name.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2583 on: May 09, 2016, 08:24:32 AM »
I haven't seen Suburban Commando in forever, but it has Doc Brown and The Undertaker in it, so it's ok by me. Unfortunately, I have seen Santa With Muscles in the past couple of years, and it was plain bad. Not even so bad it's good, just regrettably bad and let's never speak of it again. Even worse than that though, was Secret Agent's Club.

I had no say in the movie list! It was a party hosted by somebody I don't know that well. But yeah, Santa With Muscles was pretty painful. And very hard to follow.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2584 on: May 09, 2016, 08:28:36 AM »
I just don't think I could ever attend such an event.

I don't have time to watch all of the films/TV shows that are actually GOOD.  I could never devote so much time to watching drivel, especially starring a cartoon character like Hulk Hogan.

I salute you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2585 on: May 09, 2016, 08:52:09 AM »
Finally got to see Room, Brie Larson was fantastic as was the kid but she embodied that character perfectly and portrayed it so well. Surprisingly I thought the movie would be depressing and difficult to watch but it was a lot more optimistic than it looked. Very enjoyable movie that my wife picked for mother's day.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2586 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

I think Fan4stic opens up fairly OK. I found myself thinking "this isn't THAT bad" through a lot of the backstory. The main problems really start after the "1 year later" (or whatever the time jump was). The best part of any superhero origin movie is to see the heroes learn how to use their powers. So what does Fant4stic do? They just jump over all of that. The most baffling thing about the movie was how there wasn't a mid-movie battle. I was worried beforehand when I saw that the movie was 90 minutes (or whatever) and turned out to be right on that. The movie goes from backstory right into the final fight of the movie with no flow whatsoever. Urgh and that final scene when they come up with the name.

I don't have as much of a problem with this movie as most do. Is it good? No. It's about just as average as many other superhero movies. I liked it more than the other two F4 attempts though. But I agree with the "one year later" and "no mid-movie climax" thing. This movie made some weird choices.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2587 on: May 09, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »
Didn't it have extensive reshoots ? And not just pickups and "additional photography" ?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2588 on: May 09, 2016, 10:33:07 AM »
Yeah, it had pretty massive production problems.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2589 on: May 09, 2016, 09:52:44 PM »
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Tons of fun, witty, great chemistry between the two leads. Overall excellent movie.
Listen! Do you smell something?