Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563494 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1925 on: March 12, 2016, 09:28:38 AM »
couple cool suprises in it

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1926 on: March 12, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »
Kung Fu Panda 3. Didn't really like it. Although it has some good moments, both this and the second movie seemed to feel the need to completely ruin every cool moment it has. The first movie was goofy as well, of course, but it was also cool as hell. There is very little balance between cool and goofy in this movie.

The story was a bit over the top and silly, even by Kung Fu Panda standards.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1927 on: March 12, 2016, 12:43:37 PM »
Superman (1978) - Meh. I loved how they introduced the movie with Zod, only to save him for the sequel, that's some smart stuff there. Also Christopher Reeve was absolutely perfect. The movie itself? I mean, I get that it was the stepping stone between the childish camp and the more serious stuff later on, but it was a bit too on the childish camp side for me. I hear Superman II is better, I'll watch that soon.

Ted 2 - Awful. I actually liked the first 2/3 of the first one, before the plot kicked in. This one really just felt like a series of Family Guy cutaways centered around a weak plot. However, that said, the Liam Neeson scene was hilarious and I enjoyed the Michael Dorn stuff.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:52:24 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1928 on: March 12, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »
Superman II is better, but I'm not really a fan of any of those older Superman movies.

Online Adami

« Reply #1929 on: March 12, 2016, 12:53:11 PM »
Superman II is better, but I'm not really a fan of any of those older Superman movies.

Well I actually have never seen a full Superman before this, so I'm watching the first 2 Reeves ones (skipping 3 and 4 for obvious reasons) and then watching Returns and then Man of Steel before I see BvS.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1930 on: March 12, 2016, 12:59:50 PM »
I enjoyed the older Superman movies.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1931 on: March 12, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
The first on was slow paced but the second movie is Muhammad better.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #1932 on: March 12, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »

The pace didn't bother me. I think it was the actual plot. Hackman was a little over the top as Luthor, but mostly enjoyable. And his plan to nuke the west coast? Sure, I'll play along. But then after everyone died, and Superman went backwards in time, I feel like I missed something. When he got to Lois, she made references to the explosions caused by the bomb, so did Superman not stop the bomb? Did he just save Lois? I was a bit confused, I feel like it was implied that everything was actually fine, but it didn't seem that way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1933 on: March 12, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

Why do you always have to be pugilistic?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1934 on: March 12, 2016, 01:52:01 PM »
WTF does that mean?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1935 on: March 12, 2016, 02:04:27 PM »
Much better. :lol

I'm all thumbs and no proof reading.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1936 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
I haven't seen BvS yet, so I can't comment on Eisenberg, but I think Kevin Spacey was an excellent choice for Lex Luthor and he's my favorite one. One of the reasons that Superman Returns might be my favorite Superman movie yet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1937 on: March 12, 2016, 05:25:51 PM »
I haven't seen BvS yet, so I can't comment on Eisenberg, but I think Kevin Spacey was an excellent choice for Lex Luthor and he's my favorite one. One of the reasons that Superman Returns might be my favorite Superman movie yet.

:hifive:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1938 on: March 12, 2016, 06:16:32 PM »
I remember watching Superman Returns... and literally falling asleep halfway through it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1939 on: March 13, 2016, 03:26:05 AM »
It's definetely more slow paced than the newest one, and not nearly as much physical action as Man of Steel. It's pretty much focused on more personal-level stories and it seems to even go for a pretty artsy feel at times. I don't think that's what Superman fans expected, but I really like it for that. Also, I think Brandon Routh captured the vibe of the Reeve-Superman really well, which is what they were going for.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1940 on: March 13, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »
It also has the worst Lois Lane ever.  As much as I love Spacey as LL,  Kate Bosworth is the polar opposite in tallent.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1941 on: March 13, 2016, 05:32:54 AM »
The Hunger Games - Mockinjay part 2.

Not bad, it didn't have a very cliched "good defeats evil" ending, even though - I didn't read the books - I saw the twist at the end coming... I was actually waiting for it to happen and I wasn't surprised at all.

Anyway, it would have been a better and fitting retribution to force the regime into a last round of Hunger Games. Likes, you know, if World War II was about the hunger games, having a new "game" in place of the Nurenberg trial, with promise of a pardon for the last one standing. Would have been... interesting to say the least.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1942 on: March 13, 2016, 05:35:18 AM »
Kate Bosworth is the polar opposite in tallent.
Yeah, she looks like she might only be about 5'4".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1943 on: March 13, 2016, 05:36:25 AM »
Death Note (2006)

It had a few things that nagged me near the start, but it developed very well and turned into a great movie. Light/Kira was pretty careless at the start, but he smartened up.
Now I want to watch the sequel. Not sure how it matches up to the first one though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1944 on: March 13, 2016, 05:39:55 AM »
Kate Bosworth is the polar opposite in tallent.
Yeah, she looks like she might only be about 5'4".

Or instead of pointing out the one extra "l" you could have an opinion.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1945 on: March 13, 2016, 06:01:17 AM »
I found out recently that in Superman (1978) - he doesn't turn back time *by* turning the world backwards. He reverses time - which is illustrated by the earth going backwards.

I guess I never gave it much thought.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1946 on: March 13, 2016, 06:03:28 AM »
Or instead of pointing out the one extra "l" you could have an opinion.
:huh: Or you could just chill the fuck out. If you're going to start getting pissy every time someone makes a joke about your misspellings, you'll be pissy 24/7.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1947 on: March 13, 2016, 06:45:22 AM »
I'm tired of it.  So I'll be pissy for now on.  It's ok when the normal guys have fun but went others start on it.  I will be pissy.  Deal with it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1948 on: March 13, 2016, 06:46:17 AM »
I don't have a problem with Bosworth, I think she does a fine job.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1949 on: March 13, 2016, 06:49:21 AM »
I'm surprised  BlackInk.  You are so into acting and Bosworth was so flat, monotone for the role.  Lois is never like that.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1950 on: March 13, 2016, 08:07:48 AM »
Oops wrong thread, sorry!
Anyway, a few days ago I watched Pump Up The Volume with a friend, at her house. Initially we thought it would be a Scream type film, with lots of murderings/kidnappings, but...
Oh well, at least they had a Pixies song in one scene :)

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1951 on: March 13, 2016, 10:03:50 AM »
The Big Short.

The movie is well made and entertaining and I recommend it.

But while I understood the main point of the movie, it's really difficult to really understand just what these people were doing.  And in the end you feel worse about just how corrupt big money is.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #1952 on: March 13, 2016, 11:04:51 AM »
Kung Fu Panda 3
Was ok, but nothing more. Apart from a few cool stylistic things visually, it was a run of the mill kids' movie.

On Superman Returns, I definitely liked it, and liked the old school Reeve era style it was going for. BR and KS were great, but I would also agree with those that say that the new Lois Lane didn't have the same amount of sass that Margot Kidder brought to the character.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1953 on: March 13, 2016, 11:06:12 AM »
Jeff, who lives at home. I expected something little better but it's still enjoyable.
Yesterday, I saw The way way back. I loved it. Recommendation for anyone who likes drama with comedy elements.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1954 on: March 13, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
Jeff, who lives at home. I expected something little better but it's still enjoyable.
Yesterday, I saw The way way back. I loved it. Recommendation for anyone who likes drama with comedy elements.

Heh. Half In The Bag really disliked that film.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1955 on: March 13, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »
I'm surprised  BlackInk.  You are so into acting and Bosworth was so flat, monotone for the role.  Lois is never like that.

Well, it's not like I love the performance with a passion. I just never even thought about it being bad, I just always accepted it, which to me says that she did a completely fine job.

I think this might be were the issue is:

BR and KS were great, but I would also agree with those that say that the new Lois Lane didn't have the same amount of sass that Margot Kidder brought to the character.

This might be more of a writing fault rather than acting. Kidder's Lois definetely has more sass, and is probably a more accurate portrayal of the character Lois Lane (I admit I don't know, I don't read comics). They probably felt that that type of Lois wouldn't mesh with the tone they were going for with Returns, so they toned down her character traits when they wrote it.

Or maybe it's the acting. I don't know, I just never had a problem with it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1956 on: March 13, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Went to see Deadpool with 2 other guys and the reactions ranged from downright amazing , okay (me) to awful.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1957 on: March 13, 2016, 11:32:12 PM »
The Fountain.  :justjen

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1958 on: March 14, 2016, 12:14:02 AM »
I need to watch that one again. Everybody should be watching Pi today instead, though :p

Today was Bruno Ganz day, apparently! Watched Vitus with friends earlier, which was adorable. Then watched The American Friend, which was very good. Dennis Hopper is such a fucking weirdo :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1959 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:34 AM »
I need to watch that one again. Everybody should be watching Pi today instead, though :p

I already put it on my laptop so I'll be watching it later. :blob: