Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 563561 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1715 on: February 14, 2016, 05:37:16 AM »
Just finished watching Shame. Good movie.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1716 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
Jaws. My favorite movie ever

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1717 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Deadpool.

Fucking awesome.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1718 on: February 14, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
Zodiac.

Awesome fucking movie.

Offline Counselor of Prog

« Reply #1719 on: February 14, 2016, 02:14:35 PM »
Running on Empty.  Very good movie.
"The only closed systems in the universe are hardened hearts and darkened minds." Scott Becker, Valley of the Shadow

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1720 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »
Deadpool.

Fucking awesome.
This. Can confirm awesomeness. There has never, in the history of film, been a better example of "born for that role."
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1721 on: February 14, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »
Zodiac.

Awesome fucking movie.

Ditto! Superb acting from the whole cast!

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1722 on: February 15, 2016, 12:41:54 AM »
The Big Short.

Really enjoyed it.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1723 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:38 AM »
Crimson Peak. Psh. Big 'ole bowl of fucking MEH. Pretty shoddy, Del Toro...tsk, tsk.

Zodiac is epic and awesome in every way. Need to watch it again sometime soon even though I've seen it like ten times already. Took me by complete surprise the first time I saw it too.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1724 on: February 15, 2016, 01:01:18 AM »
I enjoyed Crimson Peak. Not a lot, but I thought it was fine.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1725 on: February 15, 2016, 01:35:29 AM »
I was bored most of the time and disappointed that I called literally every single thing that happened at the beginning of the movie. Granted, I seem to have a weirdly accurate knack for that... but even so, everything that happened was pretty obvious. It wasn't horrible and I wasn't one of the people expecting a horror movie, but I was expecting Del Toro-ness and I didn't feel the guy's presence in the movie at all. It just seemed like a halfway decent creepy mystery...and I had called all the mysteries before the movie hardly got started. I did like the effects of the ghosts and whatnot, those were really well done for how CGI heavy a lot of it was but...eh, just expected more from Del Toro.

RIP DTP.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1726 on: February 15, 2016, 04:31:42 AM »
We watched Get Hard the other day.  I'm not a big fan of Kevin Hart, but it was actually funny.  May have been a mistake to let my youngest daughter watch it with us, though.  I mean, most of it was OK, but when Hart talks Ferrell into learning to perform oral in order to survive in prison, I got a little nervous, and when Ferrell went face-first into Matt Walsh's cock (on-camera, mind you), my wife gave me a dirty, dirty look.

lol

We also introduced my youngest daughter to The Godfather this weekend.  She liked it a lot, but the length of the film made it a chore for her, and she said that if we had told her how long it was beforehand she wouldn't have watched it with us. 

lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1727 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:34 AM »
The length of some films is definitely an obstacle, and you need to know what you're in for. For example I watch the extended versions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy every year, and since those are all between 3-4 hours, and I usually watch them all in a weekend, even though I love them all, I still gotta be somewhat prepared and looking forward to a slow weekend watching films. It's not exactly something you just throw on, because then I would imagine the fingers would start to itch after a while, and you would want to go do other things.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1728 on: February 15, 2016, 06:22:26 AM »
I'm fine with longer films, but I do need to be in the mood to dedicate that much time to one activity. Usually I will take a break at some point regardless. Indian films average 2.5 - 3 hours, but they have intermissions as part of the film structure.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1729 on: February 15, 2016, 08:21:04 AM »
I'm fine with longer films, but I do need to be in the mood to dedicate that much time to one activity. Usually I will take a break at some point regardless. Indian films average 2.5 - 3 hours, but they have intermissions as part of the film structure.

That's because you need a bathroom break from the curry-spiced snacks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1730 on: February 15, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
The last movie I saw was Deadpool and it was the greatest cinematic experience ever in history!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
Zodiac.

Awesome fucking movie.

Agreed. At one point it was my favorite movie of all time. Not sure if it still is but is always going to be top 10 for me.

And I watched The Martian last night. It was good. Funny and interesting. Of course a bit far fetched, as stated a page back in this thread, but it doesn't really bother me. It's a fun movie and Matt Damon did a nice job.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2016, 02:28:36 PM »
With the news of the new Bourne movie coming out I decided to rewatch the Bourne movies. Also, I had somehow never seen Ultimatum, so I thought this a good time to finally fill in the last blank. I think I like the first and second movie about the same, they're pretty good.

Ultimatum is probably the best, although that's the movie I have the most problems with how it was filmed. It's so damn shaky, every scene is filmed like an action scene, including scenes that maybe shouldn't be. I get what they're going for, but it's was a bit annoying at times and it made me tired.

Legacy is the least good one, although I wouldn't say it's bad. The biggest problem that movie has is that the plot doesn't matter. In the other Bourne movies I always got the feeling that what Bourne was doing was sort of important, but in Legacy nothing feels like it matters on a bigger picture level.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2016, 04:21:42 PM »
Edge of tomorrow

I enjoyed it

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #1734 on: February 15, 2016, 05:25:10 PM »
Loved that film. I was surprised given how much I'm obsessed with the source material, All You Need Is Kill.

The marketing for that movie was so weird, especially towards the end during its home and digital releases when they nearly and might as well have changed the film title altogether to "Live. Die. Repeat." (Much to Steven Wilson's chagrin  :P ) as you can see in that very poster. I thought they actually did change it at first given that almost all the posters for it, especially on digital media and home releases have the "tag-line" (c'mon now...you just wanted to change the title but couldn't) more prominent than the title itself. Very weird and interesting. Kind of a sketchy marketing technique and almost relying on the viewers to forget the original film title...like "Oh wow! The movie is different, it's called Live. Die. Repeat. now!" or something. I'm not so sure what they were thinking with that...then again most marketing bullshit has me thinking that way.

RIP DTP.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1735 on: February 15, 2016, 06:38:07 PM »
Man from U.N.C.L.E. Not bad of a movie, didn't feel very special either for a Guy Ritchie movie. There's almost always something unique I find in his movies but this seemed a very by the numbers kind of 60s spy thriller. Though I have to say he made Henry Cavill actually charming and look like he could act.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1736 on: February 15, 2016, 06:40:45 PM »
Rewatched Deadpool again 4th time. I so love this movie. Pure brilliant.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:21 AM »
Still Untitled..... The Hateful Eight Spoilercast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ5QgP80dtE

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1738 on: February 16, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »
Inside Out, I know it's sort of a childrens movie, but the concept is absolutely brilliant!(didn't really help that we were still coming down from a trip when we watched this movie, man you get really sucked in, and the colours are so beautifull :rollin)
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #1739 on: February 16, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »
Inside Out, I know it's sort of a childrens movie, but the concept is absolutely brilliant!(didn't really help that we were still coming down from a trip when we watched this movie, man you get really sucked in, and the colours are so beautifull :rollin)
:tup

I watched that too with my gf. It was a really good movie!
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1740 on: February 16, 2016, 10:58:29 PM »
Spotlight.

The world is a better place with Michael Keaton acting in major movies again. Mark Ruffalo is great in it too. Really good movie. Just don't watch it if you're looking for something cheery.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #1741 on: February 17, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »
Just saw the Spongebob movie.
Did not disappoint.
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »
I would probably watch that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1743 on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:39 PM »
I did with my godson.  Very cute movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1744 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
Saw Deadpool a few hours ago and really liked it. Very funny for the most part and pretty cool when it needed to.

My only complaint is that there were a few awkward and failed jokes sprinkled throughout. Especially in the beginning. But other than that, a very fun movie.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: February 19, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
Voices starring Ryan Reynolds very different, but good, also with a talking cat and dog.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1746 on: February 19, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »
Deadpool

it was sweet

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1747 on: February 19, 2016, 04:59:43 PM »
This week I watched Nude Nuns With Big Guns (lol) and We Are What We Are (a family film). Maybe seeing Deadpool tonight finally but not sure.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1748 on: February 19, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
I liked we are what we are. No family is perfect and that family wasn't.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1749 on: February 19, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »
I was watching Angels in the Outfield early this morning when I couldn't fall back to sleep.  I love baseball movies.