Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554616 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1050 on: October 20, 2015, 02:16:48 PM »
Pretty much. If you have absolutely nothing else to watch, then check it out just for how 'so bad it's funny' it is. But often times it surpasses even that. I'm not sure what Tarantino was thinking or what he was going for with that one. I don't even think it's grindhouse, it's just...a grind.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1051 on: October 20, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
Back To The Future  :'(

I love this film.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1052 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:26 PM »
I regretted it. One of the worst things i've ever seen by anyone.

I wouldn't go that far, but it was pretty dumb.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1053 on: October 20, 2015, 05:50:48 PM »
Watching the BTTF trilogy coinciding with October 21st ofc.  :angel:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: October 20, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »

Watched the original today. II tomorrow and III on Thursday :)

I wonder how long the movie takes place in Actual time spent. Like - Marty goes back to 1955 on day 1 then spends a week there and then goes back to when he left and the next morning goes to the future. Spends a day there . Then goes back to Alt 1985 and Spends a day or so there. Then goes back to 1955 for another day or so... Then spends x amount of time retrofitting the delorean and goes to 1855 for a week or so. . .

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1055 on: October 20, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »

I wonder how long the movie takes place in Actual time spent. Like - Marty goes back to 1955 on day 1 then spends a week there and then goes back to when he left and the next morning goes to the future. Spends a day there . Then goes back to Alt 1985 and Spends a day or so there. Then goes back to 1955 for another day or so... Then spends x amount of time retrofitting the delorean and goes to 1855 for a week or so. . .

Jesus, where was the SPOILER ALERT tag??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1056 on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1057 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:16 PM »

Jesus, where was the SPOILER ALERT tag??

[spoiler] The movie is 26 years old. [/spoiler]

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1058 on: October 21, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »
Some of us haven't watched it sir  :angry:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:18:33 PM by Sacul »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »
:angry: Butthead

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: October 21, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
Some of us haven't watched sir  :angry:

Well... I was making a joke. I suspect Lucas wasn't.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
No problem, I had already planned to watch it soon anyways :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »
Some of us haven't watched sir  :angry:

Well... I was making a joke. I suspect Lucas wasn't.

GTFO! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »
I don't even see what could be considered spoilers in that post.  Even if you've never seen the movies before, you know it's about time travel.  Mentioning a couple of time shifts without context doesn't spoil anything.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2015, 09:43:10 PM »
Oh ffs people.  It was supposed to be a joke!  Thank god one person here got it.

:hefdaddy

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1065 on: October 21, 2015, 11:44:45 PM »
Yeah but this is DTF. Where if you say that farts are your favorite food, there will undoubtedly be a week-long discussion about how someone could like the taste of farts, what they taste like, if they'd taste at all if you couldn't smell, how they're digested, what circumstance led to such a thing, what kind of foods does the farter eat for the fart-eater to have optimal tastiness, how weather affects the consistency of the farts, how many farts someone would have to eat for they themselves to fart and all of the eaten farts to come out of said fart to form a delicious four-course fart in one single fart, and last but not least, what Kevin Moore's farts would taste like (the answer is a space dye vest, 100% Kashmir).

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1066 on: October 22, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »
Rammstein - Volkerball. Not really a movie, but a damn great dvd!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1067 on: October 22, 2015, 03:14:58 AM »
Terminator Genisys. Meh. Some enjoyable stuff but some annoying things aswell. Not anywhere near as bad as the horrid reviews it got though.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1068 on: October 22, 2015, 07:04:24 AM »
Meet Joe Black

After catching parts of it here and there over the years (my wife loves it and watches it whenever it comes on), I finally got to see it from beginning to end.  The one thing that struck me was how damned funny it was.  It's not a comedy, it's certainly a drama, a character study, and a few other things, but knowing all the circumstances and the characters, and what they know and don't know, somehow made a lot of the scenes quite amazing.  Nearly every line, it seemed, carried a double meaning because we knew who Joe was and what he meant, and how it was (mis)interpreted by everyone else.  Or everyone except for Parrish, who knew Joe's secret.  It's hard to explain if you've never seen it.  But all the dramatic irony, ironically, made the movie very funny.  I was constantly laughing out loud at how cleverly written it was.

The story itself was a bit less interesting to me, and I admit to losing focus a few times over the movie's three-hour length, but that's mostly because I was tired; it was still quite good.  Also, Claire Forlani is amazing as Parrish's (Anthony Hopkins) younger daughter and Joe's love interest, such as it is.  Actually, all the casting is excellent.

A much better film than I'd expected, and much better than I'd thought, based on what I'd seen previously.  Four spoonfuls of peanut butter out of five.  Would not watch again, but would sit and watch some if caught on cable, and would enjoy more now, knowing all the context.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1069 on: October 22, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »
I can't stand that movie.  It drags, and drags, and then it drags, and Pitt's schtick really gets old.

This is compounded by the fact that my wife, like yours, loves the film and watches it whenever it is on, so I inevitably wind up sitting through at least parts of it.

Yuck.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: October 22, 2015, 09:30:04 AM »
Haven't seen it since it was in the theater's.  I do remember thinking how unexpected it was for Pitt to get sandwiched the way he did.  I was both  :omg: and   :lol

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2015, 09:31:58 AM »
I like that movie. Maybe not four out of five, but I definetely liked it.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
I can't stand that movie.  It drags, and drags, and then it drags, and Pitt's schtick really gets old.

This is compounded by the fact that my wife, like yours, loves the film and watches it whenever it is on, so I inevitably wind up sitting through at least parts of it.

Yuck.

Yeah, I'm not going to ever rent it, or even sit through it again without good reason, and it does move very slowly and in a very calculated way, but I'm sure that those were intentional decisions made by the director.  But I can't say that it's a bad movie.  It seems to do exactly what it means to do, and again, what struck me most was how damned clever it was.  And now that I know what the heck's going on and all the background, all those nuances which were lost on me will make sense and I'll be able to enjoy the times I catch parts of it with my wife.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2015, 10:53:36 AM »
Haven't seen it since it was in the theater's.  I do remember thinking how unexpected it was for Pitt to get sandwiched the way he did.  I was both  :omg: and   :lol

Hilarious death scene.

[/spoiler]

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1074 on: October 22, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
Meet Joe Black

After catching parts of it here and there over the years (my wife loves it and watches it whenever it comes on), I finally got to see it from beginning to end.  The one thing that struck me was how damned funny it was.  It's not a comedy, it's certainly a drama, a character study, and a few other things, but knowing all the circumstances and the characters, and what they know and don't know, somehow made a lot of the scenes quite amazing.  Nearly every line, it seemed, carried a double meaning because we knew who Joe was and what he meant, and how it was (mis)interpreted by everyone else.  Or everyone except for Parrish, who knew Joe's secret.  It's hard to explain if you've never seen it.  But all the dramatic irony, ironically, made the movie very funny.  I was constantly laughing out loud at how cleverly written it was.

The story itself was a bit less interesting to me, and I admit to losing focus a few times over the movie's three-hour length, but that's mostly because I was tired; it was still quite good.  Also, Claire Forlani is amazing as Parrish's (Anthony Hopkins) younger daughter and Joe's love interest, such as it is.  Actually, all the casting is excellent.

A much better film than I'd expected, and much better than I'd thought, based on what I'd seen previously.  Four spoonfuls of peanut butter out of five.  Would not watch again, but would sit and watch some if caught on cable, and would enjoy more now, knowing all the context.
Claire Forlani has intoxicating eyes.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1075 on: October 22, 2015, 03:39:09 PM »
I've always liked Claire.  She seems like a genuinely nice person, and while not really your classic knockout, she's very pretty in a way.  I can also understand guys not finding her attractive at all.  But she was absolutely stunning in this movie.  I've never seen her look better.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1076 on: October 22, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
I've always liked Claire.  She seems like a genuinely nice person, and while not really your classic knockout, she's very pretty in a way.  I can also understand guys not finding her attractive at all.  But she was absolutely stunning in this movie.  I've never seen her look better.
Personally I can't understand anyone not finding her attractive. Maybe not your type I could see,  but she is a beautiful woman.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1077 on: October 22, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
I think she is gorgeous! Brandi Svenning  :heart
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline adace

« Reply #1078 on: October 23, 2015, 01:44:49 AM »
Saw Bridge of Spies yesterday. Phenomenal movie, definitely one of Spielberg's best. Top-notch acting and engaging story. One of my favorites of this year for sure.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1079 on: October 23, 2015, 07:37:34 AM »
Saw Bridge of Spies yesterday. Phenomenal movie, definitely one of Spielberg's best. Top-notch acting and engaging story. One of my favorites of this year for sure.
Really looking forward to this.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1080 on: October 23, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
Watched Camp Nowhere last night. What a trip down memory lane that was.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1081 on: October 23, 2015, 07:45:20 AM »
Never heard of it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1082 on: October 23, 2015, 07:47:05 AM »
Never heard of it.

Nobody has. It's to Heavy Weights as Deep Impact is to Armageddon.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1083 on: October 23, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
Not sure that's a good comparison.  Never heard of Heavy Weights either.

Deep Impact is a much better film than Armageddon.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1084 on: October 23, 2015, 08:26:27 AM »
Not sure that's a good comparison. Never heard of Heavy Weights either.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Deep Impact is a much better film than Armageddon.

I was talking more along the lines of familiarity. Deep Impact is definitely better, but I still prefer to watch Armageddon.