Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554434 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #805 on: September 06, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
Fantastic  Four. It was actually alright. The ending felt a bit rushed though.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #806 on: September 06, 2015, 08:47:21 AM »
Lots of alleged studio interfering / reshoots.

I just don't understand why you pick a director for your movie because you like his style and then change everything he brings to a project.

Why hire a director ?  :yeahright Just get someone from the bigwigs to stand on set and tell the D.P. or 2nd Unit Director what they want...

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #807 on: September 06, 2015, 10:52:46 AM »
Sinister 2. Decent. Nowhere near as good as the first one, but it was okay.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #808 on: September 06, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »
I watched an interesting combo of movies yesterday.

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979) directed by Werner Herzog. This was a beautiful looking movie with a lot of creepy shots in it. Klaus Kinski might have been a horrible human being but he was a great actor.

Mad max fury road. I don't have anything to say that others haven't. I loved it and I am now kicking myself for not seeing it in theaters.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #809 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
Monty Python's Life of Brian. Love this movie. It may not be as all out funny as Holy Grail, but it's a far better movie overall, with jokes a lot more clever. And the "Biggus Dickus" scene might be the best comedy scene ever made. So simple, yet so brilliant.

Each of the Monty Python films is so different, and each has its own character, strengths, and moments of sheer brilliance.  Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam were both insane and amazing, and don't get enough love for the work they did with the Python films.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #810 on: September 06, 2015, 07:14:54 PM »

And I thoroughly enjoyed it

Offline jammindude

« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2015, 10:03:35 PM »
Monty Python's Life of Brian. Love this movie. It may not be as all out funny as Holy Grail, but it's a far better movie overall, with jokes a lot more clever.

No contest.   Hands down the best Monty Python film.    To me, it's not only funnier than Holy Grail, but far more insightful and profound.  I've never seen a more accurate portrayal of religion in general than LoB.   

My personal favorite scene is the window scene.     

"YES! WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS!!!"   

"i'm not"

"SHHHHH!!!"    :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #812 on: September 07, 2015, 08:54:39 AM »
Finally watched John Wick. I thought it was a great action movie!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: September 07, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
The Holy Grail
Life Of Brian
The Meaning Of Life.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #814 on: September 07, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »
Rocky horror

I feel like I should have loved it, but walked away not knowing what to think.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #815 on: September 07, 2015, 05:50:54 PM »
There is much to think about.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #816 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:21 PM »
Currently watching Wyrmwood and it's fucking amazing, a great zombie flick with some amazing humor to it. Highly recommended. I'm still in the middle of it but just the first half has me in stitches and quite entertained.

Other than that, I finished Byzantium earlier and that was really good too. A vampire flick that is by the same director who made Interview With A Vampire, one of my favorites. Other than that movie I never jumped on the vampire bandwagon that seems to have evened out a bit now...so it was really nice to see one that actually had the thought that IWAV did and nonetheless by the same guy and it was still quite different (though obviously parallels can be made easily). Good stuff. Back to Australian zombies. Watch out, Blob!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #817 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:52 AM »
Dredd (2012). Pretty good, actually. (it was the 3-D version, lots of slo-mo bloodspatter/sweat/swirly stuff). Carl Urban makes for a gritty, stark Dredd. Sort of missed the dry humor that Stalone brought to the part, though. Director said there would be a sequel in the works. Not holding my breath though. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online faizoff

« Reply #818 on: September 08, 2015, 07:42:14 AM »
Dredd 2012 was a fantastic watch, I never saw the Stallone one but I loved Urban as Dredd.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #819 on: September 08, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »
Do you know when that was said, Cyclops? I know Urban has been pushing very hard for quite a long time to get a sequel off the ground and it just isn't happening. But if something recent developed, I'd be ALL OVER that shit. I loved that movie and need to rewatch it soon. I liked the original way back, but it's been played out for me. The new one brought some new style, still was a bit funny at times, and also upped the gore and seriousness, which I think was needed and benefited the movie.

RIP DTP.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #820 on: September 08, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »
Whiplash. Fantastic.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #821 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
Fuuuuucking awesome movie. Here I was thinking that his character of Jonah Jameson was harsh. PSHAW! I think I've seen it three times and I need to see it again soon. I also really liked Miles Teller in this and it's a shame he got caught up in the new Fantastic Four movie, which I haven't seen yet and probably won't till some bored night years down the line.

RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #822 on: September 08, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
I wanna see Whiplash but I don't want the movie to end without the JK Rowling Simmons character getting a huge comeuppance.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #823 on: September 08, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Do you know when that was said, Cyclops? I know Urban has been pushing very hard for quite a long time to get a sequel off the ground and it just isn't happening. But if something recent developed, I'd be ALL OVER that shit. I loved that movie and need to rewatch it soon. I liked the original way back, but it's been played out for me. The new one brought some new style, still was a bit funny at times, and also upped the gore and seriousness, which I think was needed and benefited the movie.

Well, it doesn´t say WHEN...

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/dredd/36823/there-will-be-a-new-dredd-film-says-john-wagner

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #824 on: September 08, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »
I mean, it's a brand new article. So friggin' awesome! Great news, even if it's a long shot, it's still a shot.  :tup SNIPER!

RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #825 on: September 08, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
Whiplash was my favorite movie of 2014, but I don't think my emotions could endure it again.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #826 on: September 08, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
Locke. Found it on Amazon Prime. It has Tom Hardy and it takes place in his car the whole film. Interesting movie, and I've always had a thing for "different" films.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #827 on: September 08, 2015, 07:49:08 PM »
You and I seem to have a lot of the same taste in movies, Biz. Loved that movie and while I love Hardy, I really thought I'd be bored out of my damn mined and one of my friends made me watch it with her because she says that, and I quote "If I didn't love pussy so much, I'd gobble his nob goblin". But it was really something else. Granted, I'm sure a lot of people will in fact be bored out of their minds, but it's interesting if you're looking for something that is not just different...but in a whole other realm. Good stuff from Mr. Hardy. That guy has some fucking accents, tell you HOOWUT.

RIP DTP.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #828 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:22 PM »
Okay so uhhh...Wyrmwood is fucking immaculate. It's so much fucking fuuuuun!!!! It's insane and ridiculous and funny and a complete thriller. It only got more intense after the first half. What a brilliant fucking film. This one zombie flick puts a lot of other movies to shame with its ingenuity, it's originality in an utterly saturated genre full of shit. Absolutely enthralling, and it ends in a way that either can set up a sequel or stay as it is and remain a cult classic. Fucking A. I came.

Oops. Double post. If you like the genre but are tired of it, watch this. If you're looking for TWD (which, granted, I still love) shit, fuck off. Easy peasy.

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »
I think the guys who did this movie were at the last convention I went to, but I ignored it because, you know, Australian. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #830 on: September 08, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
Admittedly, that's the only reason I haven't seen it yet despite having first heard of it months ago. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #831 on: September 08, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »
:lol I thought I was the only one.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #832 on: September 09, 2015, 01:01:28 AM »
Kick-Ass 2. Yeah, I know, should have watched the first one first. Kind of liked it, although I think some of the violence was over the top (probably meant that way, but still). I felt the movie didn't know what it wanted to be. A sort of cool teenage comedy with 'superheroes' running around in it, or a more action-based gritty spoof on the genre.  Some of the comedy in it was gold, some of it fell rather flat and was just pure lame. Loved John Carrey in it though, almost totally unrecognisable.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #833 on: September 09, 2015, 01:37:13 AM »
You and I seem to have a lot of the same taste in movies, Biz. Loved that movie and while I love Hardy, I really thought I'd be bored out of my damn mined and one of my friends made me watch it with her because she says that, and I quote "If I didn't love pussy so much, I'd gobble his nob goblin". But it was really something else. Granted, I'm sure a lot of people will in fact be bored out of their minds, but it's interesting if you're looking for something that is not just different...but in a whole other realm. Good stuff from Mr. Hardy. That guy has some fucking accents, tell you HOOWUT.

Yeah man I agree and his accents are great. I kinda laughed when he started swearing so much on one part because it completely there me off. :lol

Know of any other movies like this ? I seem to really like these A24 films like Enemy, Ex Machina, Under the Skin, and Locke.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #834 on: September 09, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »
Man, you named all my favorites and sadly I haven't found much else that's similar, but if you let me know when you find one, I'll do the same!  :tup Also need to watch Following, I've got a feeling that one might be kind of in the same vein, but I'm not sure. Currently doing a Nolan ranking in another tab.  :P

RIP DTP.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
Yeah, I'll definitely watch it sometime. I've seen all his other stuff so I might as well finish it all!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #836 on: September 10, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »
Rocky horror

I feel like I should have loved it, but walked away not knowing what to think.
Did you watch it alone, or at a theater with a large group of people in costume throwing toast at the screen?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #837 on: September 10, 2015, 10:57:27 AM »
Saw Limitless last night. Pretty good although I have to say it ended a bit abrupt.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #838 on: September 10, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
Saving Private Ryan-Films do not get much better.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #839 on: September 10, 2015, 06:02:56 PM »
Saving Private Ryan-Films do not get much better.

Yep. One of those movies I can watch hundreds of times and it never gets old.