Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 558048 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #8645 on: September 22, 2022, 06:18:33 PM »
Real Genius and Better Of Dead is a necessity. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8646 on: September 22, 2022, 07:04:10 PM »

Fantastic movies.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8647 on: September 23, 2022, 06:35:04 AM »

Boom. Win.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8648 on: September 23, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
Never cared for Better Off Dead very much.

Real Genius, however, is one of my favorite films of all time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8649 on: September 23, 2022, 09:31:18 AM »

I just picked up a new 4K edition of Real Genius.  Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, though.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8650 on: September 23, 2022, 09:39:51 AM »

I just picked up a new 4K edition of Real Genius.  Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, though.
Honestly, as much as I love it, I would never have thought about getting it in 4K.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8651 on: September 23, 2022, 09:55:55 AM »

Honestly, as much as I love it, I would never have thought about getting it in 4K.

You don't want to see Michelle Meyrink and her faux Molly Ringwalk bob in 4K clarity?

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8652 on: September 23, 2022, 10:05:40 AM »

Well, I really just wanted it on Blu-ray, but the 4K release was super-cheap on Amazon that day.  The last time I watched it was a pretty low-def version.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8653 on: September 23, 2022, 11:40:22 AM »

You don't want to see Michelle Meyrink and her faux Molly Ringwalk bob in 4K clarity?
Not particularly, no lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8654 on: September 23, 2022, 07:32:06 PM »
I cannot honestly say I've seen Better Off Dead. I've seen Real Genius several times.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #8655 on: September 24, 2022, 07:27:45 PM »
Better off Dead is a must!  "This is truly a sight to befall, anticipation rises as the light turns----" 🚦🚖🚘
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #8656 on: September 26, 2022, 06:29:59 AM »
Lane meyer...

What a sight to behold, no longer the factory hungry stallion that we've raced many times before...

To this day, that scene has me dying  :lol  The whole movie is awesome.

Beside that, I just watched Ghandi from 1982. Hot damn, what a movie 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8657 on: September 26, 2022, 08:18:46 AM »
I lucked into watching about 90% of Hot Tub Time Machine the other night.  I get the criticisms (I don't agree with a lot of them, but I get them) but on a line-by-line basis, that's a hilarious movie.  Rob Corddry steals the show.   I can take or leave John Cusack - once he moved out of the cute teenager phase to the angsty uber-liberal phase, he lost me - though it's hilarious listening to him - an actor that made his bones in the '80s in movies that are now quintessentially '80s - repeatedly say "the '80s sucked, man".   Craig Robinson and Clark Duke are a bit one-note, but it's a funny one note.   Chevy Chase is good playing a weird version of every character he's ever played.   :)   Lizzy Caplan plays Lizzy Caplan (i.e. quirky, nerdy hipster chick), but far more normally than she usually does (see "Mean Girls").

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #8658 on: September 26, 2022, 08:25:43 AM »
I lucked into watching about 90% of Hot Tub Time Machine the other night.  I get the criticisms (I don't agree with a lot of them, but I get them) but on a line-by-line basis, that's a hilarious movie.  Rob Corddry steals the show.   I can take or leave John Cusack - once he moved out of the cute teenager phase to the angsty uber-liberal phase, he lost me - though it's hilarious listening to him - an actor that made his bones in the '80s in movies that are now quintessentially '80s - repeatedly say "the '80s sucked, man".   Craig Robinson and Clark Duke are a bit one-note, but it's a funny one note.   Chevy Chase is good playing a weird version of every character he's ever played.   :)   Lizzy Caplan plays Lizzy Caplan (i.e. quirky, nerdy hipster chick), but far more normally than she usually does (see "Mean Girls").

I watched that last weekend when I was recovering from the booster/flu shot. Not my first time and I really dug it. While I don't hate liberal actors as much as you do  :P I get the general boredom from John Cusack. But yea, fun movie that knew it was and did it well. I know I've seen the sequel, but pretty sure I have no desire to see it again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8659 on: September 30, 2022, 02:51:42 AM »
Hocus Pocus 2

It was cheesy as hell... but I really enjoyed it.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8660 on: September 30, 2022, 04:31:07 AM »
248 pages? Ok this is well beyond the normal limit. New thread!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman