Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 558385 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6055 on: December 11, 2018, 08:27:40 PM »
Mortal Engines looks amazing. Why hesitate about seeing it?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6056 on: December 11, 2018, 08:29:05 PM »

I may have to take the kiddos to that one. Looks like a fun movie
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6057 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:14 PM »
It looks soooo bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6058 on: December 11, 2018, 08:41:57 PM »
Heavy Metal: Kind of dumb animated film that has nothing to do with the music genre - just a collection of stories that concern evil corrupting people. But it's also very sexual for no good reason many times.

Both the title and the sexuality come from the source material.  From the wiki article:

Heavy Metal is an American science fiction and fantasy comics magazine, known primarily for its blend of dark fantasy/science fiction and erotica.

And I just learned that Grant Morrison is now the Editor in Chief!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6059 on: December 11, 2018, 09:34:36 PM »
I was trying to figure out how to describe Heavy Metal magazine, and there it is.  At the time, it was quite a groundbreaking magazine, and the film was as well.

My favorite thing about that movie is that I first saw it way back, when it first came out, and had no idea who did the voicework.  I wouldn't have recognized most of the names anyway.  Years later, it's a riot identifying nearly every one of the voice actors because they're all so distinctive.

And of course Taarna the Defender.  She's awesome.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6060 on: December 11, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »
It looks soooo bad.

Those are the ones my kiddos enjoy the most.  :lol  they LOVED Kong:Skull Island and that movie was horrid. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6061 on: December 12, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »
It looks soooo bad.

Those are the ones my kiddos enjoy the most.  :lol  they LOVED Kong:Skull Island and that movie was horrid.

Sometimes, eye-candy movies are great like a twix king-size (I too loved Kong).  Sometimes it's like maltesers.

Mortal Engines looks like the latter.

Gozilla looks outright awesome.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #6062 on: December 12, 2018, 04:08:15 AM »
Venom. Meh.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6063 on: December 12, 2018, 06:40:38 AM »
Gozilla looks outright awesome.

Yes it does. That will have to definitely be one to watch in the theater

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6064 on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
I am sooo stoked for Godzilla!

And that is one BADASS looking Mothra
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:44:32 AM by The Trooper »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6065 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:56 AM »

Because the previews focus so heavily on the epic visuals and very little on anything else.  It's also not getting good reviews.

But like I said, there's nothing much else coming out that I'm interested in, so....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6066 on: December 12, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »
I'm pretty interested in Bumblebee... mainly because Michael Bay is NOT involved.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #6067 on: December 13, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
I'm pretty interested in Bumblebee... mainly because Michael Bay is NOT involved.

Not having Michael Bay involved should be a selling point for any movie. Come to think of it, JJ Abrams also.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6068 on: December 15, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Die Hard

Ho Ho Ho

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6069 on: December 15, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
Die Hard

Ho Ho Ho

:metal   Watched the full unedited version last week.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6070 on: December 15, 2018, 06:13:50 PM »
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Incredible! Go see it. Kids or no. It's just such a well written and beautifully directed film. Really amazing stuff.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6071 on: December 16, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

Incredible! Go see it. Kids or no. It's just such a well written and beautifully directed film. Really amazing stuff.

Agreed!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6072 on: December 17, 2018, 02:03:57 AM »
Smallfoot.

Watched it just because it looked like the "right" movie to watch in this time of the year - turns out to have an excellent storyline. It's the reverse of the Bigfoot myth - the protagonists are the Yeti and they look for the existance of the "smallfoot", us humans. It deals with curiosity, knowledge and the burden of leadership. There's a moment when you think "Ok, this is the obvious villain about to do what villains obviously do" but nope. There really isn't a villain actually.

Really, a movie both for kids and adults, entertaning with a lot of funny gags but surprisingly deep. Watch it!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6073 on: December 17, 2018, 08:47:58 AM »
Went to see Mortal Engines the other night. Super meh... some cool visuals but no real substance at all.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6074 on: December 17, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
Mission Impossible: Fallout

It was...another MI movie. Nothing great, nothing poor. Just a fun action flick for a Saturday evening at home.

MM - gonna watch Smallfoot later this week with the kid. She's looking forward to it.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6075 on: December 17, 2018, 12:58:12 PM »
The Gathering Storm

Hell of a cast.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6076 on: December 20, 2018, 05:01:21 AM »
Transformers: The Last Knight.

So bad.  It was the movie equivalent of pushing hard on a painful bruise.  I'm not sure if the movie is so bad it's good, or so bad it's awful.  It's not even good eye candy. jingle.son and I had a glorious time watching and laughing at it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6077 on: December 20, 2018, 05:11:22 AM »

So bad.  It was the movie equivalent of pushing hard on a painful bruise.  I'm not sure if the movie is so bad it's good, or so bad it's awful.  It's not even good eye candy. jingle.son and I had a glorious time watching and laughing at it.

I stopped after Age of Extinction. I imagine The Last Knight is at least as bad as that.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing the Bumblebee movie though. Gonna see it tomorrow. No Bay, and not one of the hack Holllywood writers that usually "writes" these things. And G1 TRANSFORMER DESIGNS, BABY.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6078 on: December 20, 2018, 05:18:09 AM »

I stopped after Age of Extinction. I imagine The Last Knight is at least as bad as that.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing the Bumblebee movie though. Gonna see it tomorrow. No Bay, and not one of the hack Holllywood writers that usually "writes" these things. And G1 TRANSFORMER DESIGNS, BABY.

Ditto.  And The Last Knight is monumentally worse than Age of Extinction.  AoE at least had the redeeming factor of Kelsey Grammar and Stanley Tucci.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6079 on: December 20, 2018, 05:24:55 AM »

Ditto.  And The Last Knight is monumentally worse than Age of Extinction.  AoE at least had the redeeming factor of Kelsey Grammar and Stanley Tucci.

True.

I don't even want to imagine a film worse than AoE though. Or that it's even possible.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #6080 on: December 20, 2018, 05:41:27 AM »
Dark of the Moon is the last one I saw and I don't even know why I went that far. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6081 on: December 20, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
Dark of the Moon is the last one I saw and I don't even know why I went that far. :lol

Because Leonard Nimoy. :hat

And only because of him :lol

Online faizoff

« Reply #6082 on: December 20, 2018, 06:46:30 AM »
It took me over a month to watch The Last Knight, every time I would watch maybe 10 mins or so and shut it off. I barely remember anything in it other than the opening montage which is by far the only thing memorable of that movie.

I'm really excited to see Bumblebee since the reviews are really glowing for that.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6083 on: December 20, 2018, 11:46:47 AM »
Aquaman tomorrow afternoon and Bumblebee on Saturday morning. Going to be a fun movie weekend.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6084 on: December 20, 2018, 10:21:32 PM »
Saw Mortal Engines today...I definitely enjoyed it, but it was an incident where I feel they had too much potential with the world they created, and barely skimmed the surface of it. Character developments were rushed and thin, and lots of really good story arcs were skimmed over (especially Shrike, I thought that could've been seriously awesome). Visually it was pretty frikkin awesome.

Tomorrow is Aquaman in IMAX, then I'll squeeze in Bumblebee somewhere this coming week.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6085 on: December 21, 2018, 03:34:01 AM »
Just saw Bumblebee. This is what we should have gotten back in 2007. In many ways this movie parallels the first one, but done better. The humour didn't always hit the mark, but at least it wasn't stupid toilet humour. Bumblebee was stupidly cute. The action was good, and not overbearing. Giant robots from space still don't make sense. But giant robots. Best live action Transformers movie, for what that's worth. :lol

Also G1 Optimus Prime gave me a full on robot chubby.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6086 on: December 21, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
Nice... with your seal of approval I'll definitely catch it.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6087 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »
Just saw Bumblebee. This is what we should have gotten back in 2007. In many ways this movie parallels the first one, but done better. The humour didn't always hit the mark, but at least it wasn't stupid toilet humour. Bumblebee was stupidly cute. The action was good, and not overbearing. Giant robots from space still don't make sense. But giant robots. Best live action Transformers movie, for what that's worth. :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6088 on: December 21, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

So...I just read that pre-production on the long-awaited third Bill & Ted movie started this past May and that they're looking at a 2020 release!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #6089 on: December 21, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
Bill & Ted 3 has been in "development purgatory" for many moons, and has taken some non-heinous turns, followed by some massive bummers, along the way.  I'll believe it when the cameras start rolling.