Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 558205 times)

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #6020 on: November 21, 2018, 04:22:10 PM »
I just saw Solo finally. It pretty much sucked but was better than the last jedi.  :tdwn

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6021 on: November 22, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »
Ralph Wrecks the Internet - Very good. The Disney princesses were great.

Widows - Liked this a lot. Very well done.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6022 on: November 25, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last week.  I'll start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of Queen -- more of a fan of the hits -- and I don't know a ton about the band's history.  I never knew Freddie was in a serious heterosexual relationship (i.e., Mary Austin), so a lot of the non-music stuff was interesting.  The music timeline was very oddly presented.  Lip service to the first few albums and condensing that period severely.  It was like they REALLY wanted to get to Night at the Opera and "Bohemian Rhapsody" so they rushed through the early stuff, and then they jumped through the second half of the 70s.  All in all, I'd say it was good (although they completely changed the story of the Live Aid performance), but it didn't seem to know whether it was a Queen bio or a Freddie Mercury bio.

Went to see the Grindlewald movie yesterday.  I'm not a Potter fan and only went because my daughter and her friend wanted to go.  After the bad guy escaped in the beginning of the movie, I stared dozing off.  I'm not sure if it was because the movie was boring or because I was tired.  Either way, most of the rest of the movie made no sense to me.  And it LOOKED terrible.  All blacks, whites and gray tones, with almost no color.  Same complaint I have with most of the DC superhero movies.  My daughter, who's a huge Potter fan, said it was pretty good, though.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6023 on: November 25, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
It seems like the Potter/Beasts movies show how scary the times are by making everything gray. First it was Voldemort and now Grendlewald. As they gain power the world loses color.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:16:52 PM by lordxizor »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6024 on: November 25, 2018, 03:00:04 PM »
Primer

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #6025 on: November 25, 2018, 03:25:54 PM »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6026 on: November 26, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »
Creed II - Dude, I loved this movie. It was just REALLY well done. Yes, it's more of a Rocky movie (in so much as formula) than the first Creed was, but they nailed every aspect of it. Just a great movie, really emotional too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6027 on: November 28, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
Ralph Wrecks the Internet - Very good. The Disney princesses were great.

Widows - Liked this a lot. Very well done.

Big +1 to that... Loved the movie. 

Getting ready to start the Godfather trilogy tonight... holiday tradition in my house!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #6028 on: November 28, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »
I watched the Unrated version of Live Free or Die Hard. Hadn't seen it in a long while. I haven't seen the theatrical version in a longer while, but I've always liked the movie. Although the unrated cut is more like a Die Hard movie with the added f-bombs, the obvious ADR kind of detracts from the movie. I like the "I was out of bullets" line from the theatrical cut better though.

Die Hard With a Vengeance
Die Hard
Live Free or Die Hard

Die Hard 2: Die Harder

A Good Day to Die Hard

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6029 on: November 28, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »
Cruel Intentions-

I haven't seen this movie since it was a new release and couldn't remember a lot about it.  I'm surprised this was as popular as it was and even had a couple of lower budget sequels.  To me, it tries to be smart and clever but isn't either.  I found it a chore to finish.  Terrible characters, terrible plot, terrible movie.

Best in Show-

This is an absolutely hilarious movie from the Spinal Tap boys.  Totally eccentric and quirky characters attending a dog show and showing how serious and intense these dog shows can be, all with non stop hilarity attached.  Fred Willard as the dog show commentator steals the show and I also get a kick out of Christopher Guest showing his ability to recite all of the nuts (once you see it, you'll get it lol).  If you haven't seen this one, I highly recommend it.

Creed II-

Fantastic movie.  Rocky IV is my favorite from the series and one of my all time favorites.  So seeing basically a sequel to Rocky IV is pretty cool.  This movie is Rocky 101 and hits on all the marks that you would expect.  The Creed franchise will continue, but it sounds like this is it for the Rocky character.  Really well done.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #6030 on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »
I watched the Unrated version of Live Free or Die Hard. Hadn't seen it in a long while. I haven't seen the theatrical version in a longer while, but I've always liked the movie. Although the unrated cut is more like a Die Hard movie with the added f-bombs, the obvious ADR kind of detracts from the movie. I like the "I was out of bullets" line from the theatrical cut better though.

Die Hard With a Vengeance
Die Hard
Live Free or Die Hard

Die Hard 2: Die Harder

A Good Day to Die Hard

I had the urge to watch Die Hard last night. Such a cracker. I agree 100% with your rankings. 3 is my favourite as well.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6031 on: November 30, 2018, 03:57:33 AM »
Creed II-

Fantastic movie.  Rocky IV is my favorite from the series and one of my all time favorites.  So seeing basically a sequel to Rocky IV is pretty cool.  This movie is Rocky 101 and hits on all the marks that you would expect.  The Creed franchise will continue, but it sounds like this is it for the Rocky character.  Really well done.

Agreed on all. Just saw it, and enjoyed it a lot. I got so excited seeing Ivan and Ludmilla Drago again, and I liked that they were given some story.
And they could totally do another fight there!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6032 on: November 30, 2018, 04:52:06 AM »
Now I have to see it. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6033 on: November 30, 2018, 05:10:37 AM »
Now I have to see it. 

You mean you didn't already? SHAME! Get on it, king.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6034 on: November 30, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
It seems every weekend we got something going on. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6035 on: November 30, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
Creed II-

Agreed on all. Just saw it, and enjoyed it a lot. I got so excited seeing Ivan and Ludmilla Drago again, and I liked that they were given some story.
And they could totally do another fight there!

I was a little surprised to see Brigitte Nielsen in the movie but it totally helped get over Ivan and Viktor and added more depth than I expected to their characters.  I thought Stallone might have avoided her due to the nasty divorce they had and the money he paid her, but I guess he obviously let bygones be bygones and realized she would be vital for the movie.  And she completely was!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6036 on: December 02, 2018, 09:31:19 PM »
The Mirror. A pretty weird but interesting story about a middle-aged man reflecting on his childhood and the importance of his mother. It's pretty much a mess of disconnected scenes so it's hard to follow, but I guess that's the point about memories? There's also plenty of narration in the form of poetry, which was a little pretentious, but that might just been the shitty subtitles. 3.5/5

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6037 on: December 08, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »
A Star is Born. I didn't really like it very much. I don 't really get the hype about it.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6038 on: December 08, 2018, 12:40:31 PM »
Aquaman-

Fun movie. I would say it is on par with Wonder Woman as one of the best of the real recent DC movies.

Nothing close to a Marvel quality film, but I would say pleasantly surprised.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6039 on: December 09, 2018, 09:14:02 AM »
Kubo and the Two Strings: Cool if somewhat cliched animated flick made by the same studio that did Coraline. Some really nice mix of digital and stop-motion animation. 3.5/5

Heavy Metal: Kind of dumb animated film that has nothing to do with the music genre - just a collection of stories that concern evil corrupting people. But it's also very sexual for no good reason many times. At least the last story is cool, and animation is great. 3/5

12 Angry Men: Started slow, but it gradually draws you into a case filled with inconsistencies, over which a young man's life depends on. Amazing buildup and climax, I loved how most characters went back and forth many times. Might be a tad old, but it's wonderfully written and filmed. 4.5/5

The Witch: Mediocre "horror" film that's more about suspense than actual scares. And while that's usually my jam, it didn't work well here for me, the dialogue being pretty mediocre and heavy with Christianity, and the mood just boring. 3/5

Das Experiment: A recreation of the Standford Prison experiment set in Germany. Amazing how shit slowly starts to hit the fan really bad. Cool characters and well-paced for the most part. The romantic subplot was pretty dumb though, and the main character was not very charismatic. Besides that, it was a very tense and thrilling experience. 4/5

The Thirteenth Floor: Kind of a precursor to The Matrix in many ways, since it's about simulated realities. But shit starts to get pretty weird soon, it's a cool mystery flick. Another dumb romantic subplot as usual that drags things down, but it was a pretty fun film. Excellent photography and direction. 3.5/5

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #6040 on: December 09, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
Watched The Prestige for the first time in a while this morning, forgot how much I enjoy it (even after knowing how it turns out).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6041 on: December 09, 2018, 02:58:49 PM »
Incredible movie. Even tho you know the ending , t is like Jaws, Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs . Shawshank, u know the ending after multiple watchings but are beautifully incredible

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6042 on: December 09, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
Watched The Prestige for the first time in a while this morning, forgot how much I enjoy it (even after knowing how it turns out).

Incredible movie. Even tho you know the ending , t is like Jaws, Usual Suspects, Silence of the Lambs . Shawshank, u know the ending after multiple watchings but are beautifully incredible

Yep. Fantastic movie. Need to watch this again soon.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6043 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
Roma...................just wow.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6044 on: December 10, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »
The Mule- Clint Eastwood. Solid movie. I may be biased cause I am a HUGE Eastwood fan. But another solid directing effort and acting.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6045 on: December 10, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tI1FiG8nI

I am a Godzilla freak. I grew up on the movies.

HOLY Crap this looks incredible.

Godzilla, Rodan. Mothra, Ghidorah I think this trailer made me more excited than EndGame

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6046 on: December 10, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »
The Mule- Clint Eastwood. Solid movie. I may be biased cause I am a HUGE Eastwood fan. But another solid directing effort and acting.
Going to see this on Friday. Glad to hear it's good!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6047 on: December 10, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »
Instant family - Surprisingly good! Very sweet, and pretty real for much of it. Last 5 minutes is silly Hollywood happy nonsense, but the rest is great.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #6048 on: December 10, 2018, 12:01:21 PM »
Instant family - Surprisingly good! Very sweet, and pretty real for much of it. Last 5 minutes is silly Hollywood happy nonsense, but the rest is great.
I saw this as well and agree with your assessment. We're considering doing foster care, so it was interesting to compare it to what we've experienced so far.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6049 on: December 10, 2018, 12:12:13 PM »
Not the last movie I saw, but my daughter and I went to see Happy Death Day when it was in theaters.  It was surprisingly enjoyable, and Jessica Rothe is  :omg:!

Anyway, we watched it again on demand, and my son walked in and pointed out that they're making a new one that will be released in February.  I gotta admit I'm kinda geeked over it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6050 on: December 11, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
Finally saw Captain America Civil War... not sure why the wife and I missed it in theaters!  Awesome Movie!  Watched Dr. Strange too while we were snowed-in.

Looking forward to The Mule this weekend maybe...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #6051 on: December 11, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »

Godzilla, Rodan. Mothra, Ghidorah I think this trailer made me more excited than EndGame

Yup, can't wait.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6052 on: December 11, 2018, 12:09:13 PM »

Yup, can't wait.

I'm excited for that one. I think all of the designs look great, and Ghidorah has always been a favourite of mine.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6053 on: December 11, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Saw Creed II and The Grinch over the past two weeks. Creed II was really, really good. Best Rocky film since Rocky IV, for me.

The Grinch was a good family film. Classic story. We had a good time. Have tickets to see Aquaman and Bumblebee. Planning to see The Mule.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6054 on: December 11, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »
Seems to me to be a somewhat disappointing holiday movie season.

Aquaman and Bumblebee seem to be the two biggies, but I have no interest in either (although I may end up getting dragged to Aquaman because the rest of the family wants to see it).  Mortal Engines looks kinda cool, but I'm not sure if that's simply because nothing else looks interesting.

Oh well....