Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 560046 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5845 on: August 10, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
Nothing wrong with some good, dumb fun, if it's well done good, dumb fun.

Why am I suddenly hungry for Thai food!

:spitcoffee:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5846 on: August 10, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
Saw Blackkklansman today, which I thought was really good.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #5847 on: August 11, 2018, 01:24:51 AM »
Martyrs (2008):

I’ve seen this movie many times and always thought it was one of the greatest horror movies of all time, but tonight I came to the conclusion that it is THE greatest horror movie of all time. Truly horrific and by far the most deeply affecting movie I’ve ever seen.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5848 on: August 11, 2018, 03:30:18 AM »
Deadpool 2.

Hysterical just like the first one. I can't remember anything funnier (in movies that are not primarly comedies) of his X-Force all dying one by one after parachuting from the plane. And in the post credits scene with him going back in time to kill Hitler I was half expecting the baby to have little mustaches :lol

Even the initial credits were LOL-ish, with all the complaints about the girl being shot and the director being billed as "Probably the dude who killed John Wick's dog" :rollin
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #5849 on: August 11, 2018, 04:01:11 AM »
Deadpool 2.

Hysterical just like the first one. I can't remember anything funnier (in movies that are not primarly comedies) of his X-Force all dying one by one after parachuting from the plane. And in the post credits scene with him going back in time to kill Hitler I was half expecting the baby to have little mustaches :lol

Even the initial credits were LOL-ish, with all the complaints about the girl being shot and the director being billed as "Probably the dude who killed John Wick's dog" :rollin

I might like Deadpool 2 even more than the original!

I was dying of laughter when Colossus came to save Wade, and "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel starts playing :rollin. Parachute scene was also hysterical, as was the James Bond style opening credits!

Someone made a good comparison between Deadpool films, and Die Hard Films. Deadpool is like Die Hard and Deadpool 2 is like Die Hard With a Vengeance. As the sequel is just as good, but add's a lot of new stuff!

Oh yeah, and I watched "The Room". I'm slightly regretting my life choices now! :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5850 on: August 11, 2018, 05:11:01 AM »
Mad max Fury road

Just utterly incredible. Some have listed it as their new favorite of the mad max series and I can definitely get behind that, but for me it will be my 2nd favorite. The Road warrior will always be number one. That's a movie I can watch day after day after day, where as Fury road is a once in a while kind of flick.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:02:04 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5851 on: August 13, 2018, 03:40:20 PM »
Watched "Extinction" on Netflix last night.  Really not too bad!  Left me thinking long after, which is a good thing  :biggrin:

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #5852 on: August 13, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
Christopher Robin. Quite enjoyed it. Timeless story of remembering childhood, and lessons learned but forgotten, and learned again. Nothing Earth-shattering, but a nice afternoon at the movies with my daughter.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5853 on: August 13, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
However, it's the first movie I've seen that put the BTTF Delorean and a monster truck on the screen at the same time, so it gets a lot of points for that.

:lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5854 on: August 14, 2018, 05:43:12 AM »
Ant Man and the Wasp.

I hadn't watched the first one, so I don't know how it compares, but I really enjoyed it. A lot of fun. Plus, Evangeline Lilly is very easy on the eye..  ;)

On a side note, there was some de-ageing effects applied to Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer in a scene at the start, and it was really well done. I think the VFX people did a great job on that.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #5855 on: August 14, 2018, 05:53:25 AM »
Ant Man and the Wasp.

I hadn't watched the first one, so I don't know how it compares, but I really enjoyed it. A lot of fun. Plus, Evangeline Lilly is very easy on the eye..  ;)

On a side note, there was some de-ageing effects applied to Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer in a scene at the start, and it was really well done. I think the VFX people did a great job on that.

I also saw this yesterday with a couple of friends, and agree with just about every word you said..

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5856 on: August 14, 2018, 06:14:27 AM »
Downsizing

It was decent. Kind of a fun premise, but maybe a little too serious for it's own good at time. Also, it was maybe 15-20 minutes longer than it deserved to be, which I find to be a trend lately. What ever happened to movies clocking in at 1.5 hours? Seems like everything thinks it needs to be 2 hours long these days.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5857 on: August 14, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
Eyes Wide Shut

I watched some of it here and there years ago not long after it came out, but don't remember watchign it in full.  Other than some sections being way too dialogue heavy, it was still pretty damn good.  Certainly a great way for Kubrick to go out.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5858 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
Single White Female

Jennifer Jason Leigh played a perfect nut bar in this one.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5859 on: August 14, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »
Downsizing

It was decent. Kind of a fun premise, but maybe a little too serious for it's own good at time. Also, it was maybe 15-20 minutes longer than it deserved to be, which I find to be a trend lately. What ever happened to movies clocking in at 1.5 hours? Seems like everything thinks it needs to be 2 hours long these days.

I saw this in the theater.  I felt like the ads for the movie misrepresented it.  At least those that I saw gave no clue about the heavy-handed second half.  I agree that it was a fun premise, but I didn't at all care for the rest of it and also agree it was much longer than needed.  I think it would have been a better movie if it had stuck with the comedy.

Single White Female

Jennifer Jason Leigh played a perfect nut bar in this one.

For sure!  Movies like this were all the rage in the early 90s, and I don't see much like it any more.  The Hand That Rocks the Cradle is another in the same vein (with Rebecca De Mornay playing the psycho role), which I happened on recently while flipping channels.  Good stuff!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5860 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
I read an interview with Jennifer one time, and she seemed a little bummed that she tends to play "nuts and sluts" mostly.  She's really good at both of those types of roles, but yeah, I can see her point.  At least half the roles I've seen her in fit one or both of those categories.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5861 on: August 14, 2018, 04:37:34 PM »
I read an interview with Jennifer one time, and she seemed a little bummed that she tends to play "nuts and sluts" mostly.  She's really good at both of those types of roles, but yeah, I can see her point.  At least half the roles I've seen her in fit one or both of those categories.

I just looked at her filmography.  I honestly can't say I've seen anything she's done since SWF.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5862 on: August 15, 2018, 04:18:26 AM »
Finally got to see MI: Fallout. Thanks Movie pass for.blocking it for the last 3 weeks. It was pretty great. There were a few moments to.me that went too far for even my suspended logic, but it was still a very fun movie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5863 on: August 15, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
Divorce Corp

Scary and informative

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5864 on: August 19, 2018, 04:21:01 AM »
Closer.

I'm about to leave for London and I wanted to see a London-based movie.

You've got two dysfunctional and cheating couples in Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Colin Firth and Julia Roberts. Inspired by a play inspired by a Mozart opera. The first scene a character gets run over because of looking at the wrong side of the street while crossing, I hope that's not gonna be what happens to me :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5865 on: August 19, 2018, 05:09:49 AM »
Heat

Its super surreal watching this movie after completing and playing GTA V for copious amounts of hours. One of my favorites though.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5866 on: August 19, 2018, 08:39:58 AM »
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Every movie directed by Martin McDonagh is so damn top notch.  Fantastic movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5867 on: August 19, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »

We just watched that one too. I thought it was a great movie up to the last 15 minutes. Didn’t care for how they wrapped it up.....but all in all I liked it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #5868 on: August 19, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
Be sure to watch his short movie "Six Shooter". Fantastic too.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5869 on: August 19, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »

We just watched that one too. I thought it was a great movie up to the last 15 minutes. Didn’t care for how they wrapped it up.....but all in all I liked it.

That's what I love about his movies.  The ending leaves so much open for interpretation.   

Be sure to watch his short movie "Six Shooter". Fantastic too.

Noted.  Thanks!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5870 on: August 19, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »
Heat

Its super surreal watching this movie after completing and playing GTA V for copious amounts of hours. One of my favorites though.

My favorite movie of all-time.  First time that DeNiro and Pacino were on-screen together.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5871 on: August 21, 2018, 10:35:12 AM »
So has anyone seen THE MEG yet? 🌊
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5872 on: August 21, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
Saw it last night. I went in with low expectations and it delivered an entertaining couple of hours. It often felt like it should have gone straight to being played on the SciFi channel.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5873 on: August 21, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »
Cool,  that's about what I'm expecting when I see it. I still think I have to see it on the big screen, gotta love shark movies! :metal :corn
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5874 on: August 22, 2018, 05:00:29 AM »

No but I'm going to try and catch it this weekend

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5875 on: August 26, 2018, 02:41:10 AM »
Notting Hill. I've never seen it before and I saw it literally the day after having visited Notthing Hill in London :D

Not my kind of movie but it was nice enough to enjoy, also seeing places I had just seen was a major plus. I can see why it became so famous.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5876 on: August 26, 2018, 06:21:04 AM »
I finally got around to watching Infinity War, it was a great movie. I should go back and watch all the movies leading up this sometime.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5877 on: August 26, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
Normally don't watch rom-com movies in the theater but the Mrs and her friend wanted to double date and watch Crazy Rich Asians. Was surprisingly hilarious.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5878 on: August 29, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
Deadpool 2

Pretty good. With the original the schtick was refreshing and novel, but here it kind of feels like more of the same. But whatever, it was fine. I did think the first deadpool was pretty incredible though.

My favorite part of the whole movie. When deadpool is in the x-men mansion and is like "where is everybody" and it cuts to this side room where all the x men are and they slowly close the door so they don't have to deal with him  :lol
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:45:46 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5879 on: August 29, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
Mile 22 - Meh... a decent premise, but it just didn't deliver. It took half the movie for me to really grasp what was going on. I didn't go in with high expectations given the mostly negative reviews, but it was still a letdown.