Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 559258 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5775 on: July 18, 2018, 05:56:59 AM »
I finished watching The Complete Sartana boxset that I blind bought. All 5 films are entertaining though my least favorite was the George Hilton one.

Tag (2018) I enjoyed this far more than I thought I was going to. Hannibal Buress stole the movie IMO.

Jurassic world: Fallen Kingdom. This movie was really, really stupid. I did kinda enjoy it though, mainly because of Pratt.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5776 on: July 20, 2018, 05:25:18 AM »
Desert Heat / Inferno

Another random Van Damme movie pick. Damn this movie was a lot more fun than I expected, and kind of random. :lol
It had Danny Trejo playing a native american indian, and Mr Miyagi as Van Damme's clean up guy who spent the whole movie casually wrapping up bad guy corpses in plastic wrap and dumping them into a quarry.
And as usual, an obligatory Van Damme butt shot, as he bangs two chicks while a crazy old religious lady watches from the window.

Not a whole lot in the way of roundhouse kicks, but the other action made up for it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5777 on: July 20, 2018, 09:22:45 PM »
Won't You be My Neighbor? -  :'( / 10

Seriously good. Inspired the hell out of me. Perfect antidote to the cynicism of today's world.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5778 on: July 21, 2018, 05:10:18 AM »
The Walk, the movie about the dude who walked across a wire between the Twin Towers.

Watched just for the hell of it (I had nothing else to watch and the story intrigued me) and I was pleasantly surprised! Joseph Gordon-Levitt took french and juggling lessons from the man himself (Philippe Petit) and he potrays him in a charming way that makes very easy to root for the character and follow him. A very nice story, where the Twin Towers have (obviously) a major role and you can forget for a while that they're no longer there, just concentrating on the amazing effort of the guy that walked across them. I got vertigo from watching the scenes alone!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5779 on: July 21, 2018, 05:25:49 AM »

Seriously good. Inspired the hell out of me. Perfect antidote to the cynicism of today's world.
I wanna see this. We've been watching old Mr. Rogers episode with my kids from time to time and they're pretty awesome. Boring as hell by today's kids entertainment standards, but overall so much better for kids I think.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5780 on: July 21, 2018, 05:50:50 AM »
First Man - Official Trailer

Have to say the music and ambience makes it feel like a horror movie.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5781 on: July 21, 2018, 08:44:41 AM »

I wanna see this. We've been watching old Mr. Rogers episode with my kids from time to time and they're pretty awesome. Boring as hell by today's kids entertainment standards, but overall so much better for kids I think.

I agree.  The frenetic pace of children's programming reflects (and perhaps influences) their shorter attention span and need for constant stimulation, be it visual, oral, whatever.  Mr. Rogers was the chill neighbor guy without an evil bone in his body.  If I were asked to name I guy I'd consider best candidate for a human being who is literally 100% good, it would be Fred Rogers.

I've never met him, but know two people who have, and they say he is exactly the same "in real life" as he is on the show.  I turn that around.  He is exactly the same on the show as he is in real life.  That's him.

Fred Rogers was a minister, and one of my students was staying at a friend's house (in New England somewhere I seem to recall) and he was the preacher at their church.  She said it was bizarre, yet somehow seemed so very normal, to hear this man preach.  Talking about being good to each other, loving our neighbors, all those things that he truly believed and worked into his show.

The other "second degree" is through my bandmate John, who was working on a contract years ago with none other than Mr. Rogers.  He too said that it was a bizarre experience even talking to this man, because it was like talking to Mister Rogers (which of course he was).  The man was infinitely polite, but also very intelligent and a good negotiator, so it was like an episode of The Twilight Zone that takes place in Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.  "Now John, I'm sorry but I really don't think that's going to work.  We need to think of how to make things better for me, but doesn't hurt you.  How can we do that?"  Bizarre indeed.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5782 on: July 22, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Last Action Hero

This one tends to get poor reviews but I've always liked it.

I remember my dad was at the hotel during the time they filmed the helicopter scene.  He said for a full day he just watched Arnolds stunt double falling past his window.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5783 on: July 22, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »
Adrift in Manhattan.

I thought I could like it, 'cause I like the approach of intertwining storylines with the big backdrop of a city, but it didn't really take off and it was a bit unrealistic. "Heater Graham is a distraught mother who bangs the kid who stalks her because he's too socially inept to strike a conversation" level of unrealistic.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5784 on: July 22, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
Thor Ragnarok

This might be my favorite Marvel movie. It was mental. And Jeff goldblum was a true highlight.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5785 on: July 22, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
Goldblum was amazing.  I mean, he was basically just being himself -- he's actually a pretty intelligent yet bizarre guy -- but he was so perfect in that role.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5786 on: July 23, 2018, 01:15:58 AM »
I, Frankenstein on Netflix. God, keep away from it at all cost. It's a cgi-fest.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5787 on: July 23, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »
Went and saw Skyscraper with the wife and kids yesterday.  It was basically the love child of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and Die Hard.  It was basically dumb fun.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5788 on: July 23, 2018, 08:45:41 PM »
Rampage

Cool movie and I enjoyed it more than I was expecting.  The Rock is just perfect in all his movie roles.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5789 on: July 24, 2018, 05:33:27 AM »

Agreed. Such a great and inspiring story. That word seems tossed around rather loosely these days, but it really was. Makes me want to be a better human.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5790 on: July 24, 2018, 06:11:06 AM »
Sorry to Bother You.

.....what an insane movie. I went in with very little knowledge (which helps) and god damn was this movie bananas. I don't even know how to describe it. Go see it.
Saw this last night. 3/4 of the movie was great. Not sure how I feel about the ending. It went completely off the rails. It was either really bizarre and dumb or completely awesome. Not sure which yet.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5791 on: July 24, 2018, 07:15:36 AM »
Documentaries...

Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind - a great documentary on Robin Williams that ends on a very sad note not unlike I Am Chris Farley but it's all in celebration of him as a comedian and a person.

Too Funny To Fail: The Dana Carvey Show - awesome insight into the Dana Carvey Show and some of its key cast members (Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell, among others) and the lead-up and aftermath of the show's failure. Very good.

Becoming Bond - George Lazenby biopic, lots of reenactments of him telling his life's story. Overall it's good but there's a lot of ridiculous shit that makes you wonder how much he's embellishing and how much is true, but I thought it was interesting regardless. The story about his first true love is actually quite compelling to me and takes up much more of the film than I expected.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5792 on: July 24, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
Battles Without Honor and Humanity (1973): Well this is one of the fastest paced movies I've ever seen. Really enjoyed it though and will be checking out the rest of the series.

Skyscraper (2018): Dumb fun. I probably won't watch it again but I don't regret seeing it in the theater.

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018): Really fun. Probably one of the better marvel part 2s

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015): I might be seeing the next one with my friends so I had to watch this one to catch up. Ever since MI3 this series has been on a roll.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5793 on: July 24, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015): I might be seeing the next one with my friends so I had to watch this one to catch up. Ever since MI3 this series has been on a roll.

To be fair, MI2 is the only dud.  But it was one helluva dud.  Honestly, I'd put MI3 and MI as 1a and 1b in the series, and Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation as 2a and 2b.  Very much looking forward to Fallout this weekend.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5794 on: July 24, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »

To be fair, MI2 is the only dud.  But it was one helluva dud.  Honestly, I'd put MI3 and MI as 1a and 1b in the series, and Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation as 2a and 2b.  Very much looking forward to Fallout this weekend.

So far Rouge Nation has been my favorite.

Tom Cruise in an action film is gold.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5795 on: July 24, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »
Which one had the giant skyscraper in Dubai with the sandstorm? I normally can't stand those films but I watched that one and those were some cool action scenes for sure.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5796 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48:11 PM »

I don't think I've seen a Tom Cruise movie I didn't like.....ehh....maybe one and that was 'Vanilla Sky'

But near every movie of his I've seen is always top notch production....good ensemble cast....and generally good story. He's one of those 'reliable' actors that you know it'll be an entertaining movie. I consider him, Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman (when he was still acting), Ed Harris, Michael Keaton and Kurt Russel to be actors that typically have good movies to watch.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #5797 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:43 AM »

I'm weird, for me MI2 is the best of the (top quality) bunch. Then again, I am a sucker for John Woo Style and the OST is money.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5798 on: July 25, 2018, 04:40:39 AM »
Which one had the giant skyscraper in Dubai with the sandstorm? I normally can't stand those films but I watched that one and those were some cool action scenes for sure.

Ghost Protocol.

I'm weird, for me MI2 is the best of the (top quality) bunch. Then again, I am a sucker for John Woo Style and the OST is money.

To each their own.  The final battle was just way too over the top.  I've purged most of that movie from my mind (like Transformers 2), but stomping the sand, and a handgun magically shoots up into your hand like it was on a spring was just too much.  Oh, and the motorcycle race/fight... c'mon.   ::)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5799 on: July 25, 2018, 04:45:15 AM »
How tight the continuity is with these movies? is it like the latest James Bond movie where yes, if you watch them in order you catch glimpses of previous stuff but overall you can watch them randomly, or it is more tight? I'm attracted too to the Dubai movie but I don't want to sit through 4 movies to get to that  :D

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #5800 on: July 25, 2018, 05:51:31 AM »

To each their own.  The final battle was just way too over the top.  I've purged most of that movie from my mind (like Transformers 2), but stomping the sand, and a handgun magically shoots up into your hand like it was on a spring was just too much.  Oh, and the motorcycle race/fight... c'mon.   ::)

Eh, I hear you. Not one remotely realistic scene in the whole flick, but that's what I find irresistible.

Plus, Thandie Newton, man.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5801 on: July 25, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »

For the life of me, I can't remember MI2 (even after reading a quick synopsis of the plot).  I did, however, see that it was directed by John Woo, and everything I've seen that he did has SUCKED.  My wife watches Ghost Protocol incessantly, so I'm really familiar with (and like) it.  Maybe I'll have an MI marathon this weekend (since I probably won't see the new one on opening weekend).

So far Rouge Nation has been my favorite.

Rogue Nation is way better.

I don't think I've seen a Tom Cruise movie I didn't like.....ehh....maybe one and that was 'Vanilla Sky'

But near every movie of his I've seen is always top notch production....good ensemble cast....and generally good story. He's one of those 'reliable' actors that you know it'll be an entertaining movie. I consider him, Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman (when he was still acting), Ed Harris, Michael Keaton and Kurt Russel to be actors that typically have good movies to watch.

I've heard the 2017 Mummy sucked (didn't see it myself, though).  I recall Eyes Wide Shut being pretty bad too.  The first 15 years of his career were nails, though.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5802 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:40 PM »
I liked the new Mummy.

Knight & Day is another that was a fun action movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5803 on: July 25, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
I also heard the Mummy was bad. But Eyes Wide Shut is good. To me. Not, by any stretch, a popcorn film. It’s very weird and odd. But I liked it. Then again I love Kubrick beyond The Shining and Clockwork Orange.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5804 on: July 26, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
I haven't seen the new mummy yet. I'm sure I'll watch it eventually but I have heard it's not all that good. There may be a 'dud' here and there for him but all in all I've never felt like I wasted my time watching a movie he starred in.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5805 on: July 26, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
Mission Impossible Fallout

What a fun movie. basically non stop action with an actual plot.

Best one yet

Online faizoff

« Reply #5806 on: July 26, 2018, 06:06:38 PM »
I saw the Tom Cruise Mummy, I think it was all over the place tonally. The story was just ok and mildly interesting. I don't even remember most of it, it was just that lacking.

Very excited about the new MI6. The reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5807 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »
Watched ‘Ready Player One’ with my middle son tonight. I liked it...it was a neat movie. My son loved it because he and his brothers are really into gaming so that aspect of the movie really made him enjoy it that much more.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5808 on: July 26, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
I liked Ready Player One. fun movie.

did a double feature tonite

Infinity War and Deadpool 2. love them more each time I watch them

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5809 on: July 27, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »
Cadillac Man. Robin Williams and Tim Robbins.

Good god that is one of the worst films I have seen in a long time. It's a comedy but there's an entire heist scene that is absolutely not funny. Not even in a dark way, it's just awful.  I watched it because I had never heard of it and I like RW but that sucked harder than RV. And RV suuuuuucks.