Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554446 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5425 on: February 25, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »
Yeah, good one! Even though it never happened.

Anyway, it COULD have happened - can you imagine nowadays the Prime Minister walking freely in the streets and in the subway? people taking selfies, someone shouting insults, a nutjob trying to push him or worse...
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #5426 on: February 25, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Saw Darkest Hour last night too. Great movie. If there was an award category for best scene of 2017, there’s one in here that I’d certainly vote for.

Which one?

The one on the subway.

Interesting. Haven't seen the film myself but one thing I've heard over and over again is that that scene is the biggest misstep in a movie full of them

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5427 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »
Well I thought it was some of the best few minutes of film I've seen all year.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5428 on: February 25, 2018, 09:32:34 PM »
I really liked Darkest Hour. A lot. Way more than I thought I would.

But it was essentially a "let's get those Oscars!" movie.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5429 on: February 26, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »
Thinking about doing the second half of AMC's Best Picture marathon this weekend. $35 gets me Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Call Me By Your Name, The Post, and Get Out all back to back.
Photobucket sucks.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5430 on: February 28, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »
Saw Annihilation last night. I liked it. Definitely kind of weird, but in a good way.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5431 on: February 28, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »
Saw Annihilation last night. I liked it. Definitely kind of weird, but in a good way.

I had a hard time getting in to it, and I really like trippy sci fi stuff. It just seemed to have no real direction or point? there were some cool visuals, particularly the last twenty minutes or so....but all in all I thought it was to unfocused as far as the story.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5432 on: February 28, 2018, 08:18:07 AM »
Collateral Beauty

Whoa.  I'd never heard of this movie, but my wife wanted to see it, so we did, and I'm glad.  Will Smith, Edward Norton, Keira Knightly, Helen Mirren, and a few others you'd recognize.  Something like a fable, leaving you thinking a lot about a lot of stuff, and also wondering how much of what you saw was "real" and how much was "real, but not in the way you'd think".  Very hard to describe.  Critics hated it, but reviews from normal people are very, very high.

10 dominos out of 10.  Would watch again.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #5433 on: February 28, 2018, 09:07:01 AM »
The Disaster Artist: 7/10

Very good. Maybe the best James Franco role so far.

Online Adami

« Reply #5434 on: February 28, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »
Am I the only one who thought Dave Franco stole that movie? And I don’t even like Dave Franco.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5435 on: February 28, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »
Collateral Beauty

Whoa.  I'd never heard of this movie, but my wife wanted to see it, so we did, and I'm glad.  Will Smith, Edward Norton, Keira Knightly, Helen Mirren, and a few others you'd recognize.  Something like a fable, leaving you thinking a lot about a lot of stuff, and also wondering how much of what you saw was "real" and how much was "real, but not in the way you'd think".  Very hard to describe.  Critics hated it, but reviews from normal people are very, very high.

10 dominos out of 10.  Would watch again.

Agree... loved it.  Saw it in theaters with the whole family last year.  Very well done.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5436 on: February 28, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »
Legend of Bagger Vance, great movie! Starring Will Smith and Matt Damon, directed by Robert Redford. Even if you are not into golf, it's a good film..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5437 on: February 28, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
Legend of Bagger Vance, great movie! Starring Will Smith and Matt Damon, directed by Robert Redford. Even if you are not into golf, it's a good film..

yeah....this one was a cool one.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5438 on: February 28, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
Maniac Cop: Enjoyable 80's slasher
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5439 on: February 28, 2018, 10:32:27 PM »
The Shape Of Water

Super cool and sweet movie about some seriously intense bestiality. Like really, serious bestiality. I'm surprised this was as well received as it was because...wow. Humanoid or not, that was uh...that was a thing that happened. Mmhm. :metal :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5440 on: February 28, 2018, 11:13:01 PM »
That’s pretty much how I saw it too. Maybe that’s why I’m not praising it as highly as most of the rest of world seems to do. Still liked it though.

Online Adami

« Reply #5441 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:06 PM »
She was also likely part of his species.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5442 on: February 28, 2018, 11:22:22 PM »
Maybe it's because I was in and out of it attention-wise but I didn't get anything that alluded to that at all. If you're referring to the whole gills thing, I think that's pretty thin as far as evidence goes. My thoughts were that it was apart of his powers, healing her and her being basically dead, she was resurrected in water and in a very symbolic gesture, gains the ability to breathe through the very thing that separated her from humanity, her inability to speak and the scars that were apart of that, turning into the one thing that will allow her to fuck some serious merman D for the rest of their beautiful lives.

:lol I really can't get over that shit. It's done about as tastefully as you can do such a thing but wow.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5443 on: March 01, 2018, 01:07:46 AM »
Wonder Wheel, by Woody Allen, a struggling family on Coney Island in the '50s. Quite ok, even though I think it didn't really have a proper ending.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5444 on: March 01, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
Hell or High Water. Great movie
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5445 on: March 02, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »
The Shape of Water. Another nice dark fairytale from Del Toro. I hope no one brought their young kids to see this expecting a fantasy movie for children, however  :D

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #5446 on: March 02, 2018, 09:36:32 AM »
It was rated R for a reason. Though, that doesn't seem to stop people from bringing their kids.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5447 on: March 02, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »
I believe that happened with Pan's Labyrinth lol. People who probably only saw the Tv spots which focused mainly on the fantasy aspects and then not paying attention to the films rating.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5448 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »
I believe that happened with Pan's Labyrinth lol. People who probably only saw the Tv spots which focused mainly on the fantasy aspects and then not paying attention to the films rating.
Is that the movie with the brutal war scenes? I remember the fantasy tree thing vaguely. That scene with the face bashing with a gun was too hard to watch.. Ughh!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #5449 on: March 02, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
I saw Mute last weekend. I did not like it.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5450 on: March 03, 2018, 04:53:20 AM »
Three Billboards.

Nice and intense, Frances MacDormand is awesome in this, and there are many great scenes, like the voiceovers of the sheriff and her ranting against the priest. Totally loathed the character of Dixon, then it turned out that he was the one to catch the killer.... but he wasn't the killer. An unresolved mystery maybe, but that's life, sometimes you don't get closure. Brilliant story, is she running for Best Actress? she'd deserve it.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5451 on: March 03, 2018, 05:33:50 AM »

Happened with Deadpool. People thought it was going to be another fun superhero movie. The movie was fun but I guess they realize (by not looking at the rating) all the violence that was in the movie.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5452 on: March 03, 2018, 04:27:57 PM »
Sunset Boulevard (1950) - I really liked this one. I can't say I'm very familiar with Billy Wilders work but I may have to check some more of it out.

The New Gladiators (1983) - While browsing the Amazon Prime video library I came across this Lucio Fulci movie that I've never heard of before. After seeing it I can see why I haven't heard of it before.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5453 on: March 03, 2018, 06:52:57 PM »
Three Billboards.

Nice and intense, Frances MacDormand is awesome in this, and there are many great scenes, like the voiceovers of the sheriff and her ranting against the priest. Totally loathed the character of Dixon, then it turned out that he was the one to catch the killer.... but he wasn't the killer. An unresolved mystery maybe, but that's life, sometimes you don't get closure. Brilliant story, is she running for Best Actress? she'd deserve it.

She is, and i'm pulling for her!

I actually had an issue with Dixon's character arc. I didn't feel like it was earned at the end. But Sam Rockwell was great in that role!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5454 on: March 04, 2018, 05:33:10 AM »
Well, he was devasted when the sheriff died, and in the letter to him the sheriff told he knew he suffered the loss of his father. He most likely saw the sheriff as a surrogate father, so when his deceased surrogate father dies and tells him to turn his life around, and this happens right after he loses his job and right before he risks losing his life, that is the proverbial rock bottom that serves as a wake up call. Believable, at least in the movies.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #5455 on: March 04, 2018, 06:50:01 AM »
10 Cloverfield Lane. It was ok.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5456 on: March 04, 2018, 07:17:22 AM »
Radius

It was a good movie but whoever wrote the script really needed to tone the use of the word goddamn

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5457 on: March 04, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Maximum Overdrive

I'm a fan of dumb cheesy movies, and this is a good one.  Great soundtrack too!

I think Stephen King said this is the worst movie that was made from one of his books.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5458 on: March 04, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »
Gave a re-watch to A Fistful of Dollars. I enjoyed it more the second time around. Ill get to re-watching the other 2 soon.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online faizoff

« Reply #5459 on: March 05, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
The Shape of Water prior to it winning the Oscars. Great movie as I expected from GDT. Been a huge fan of his since Pan's Labyrinth. The story I thought quite neatly unfolded and was a very good watch. Great acting all round and the thing that surprised me the most was that this movie cost just $20 million to make. While watching it I would've sworn it was a much more expensive movie. Great set design and cinematography.
As always I regret not watching these movies in the theater.     
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan