Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554379 times)

Offline kaos2900

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5390 on: February 19, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
We watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets- What a freaking waste. The story was terrible but the special effect were cool.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5391 on: February 19, 2018, 11:56:22 AM »
We watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets- What a freaking waste. The story was terrible but the special effect were cool.

I kinda liked it! (...and not because of Cara Delavigne  :biggrin: ) some huge homages to Star Wars here and there.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5392 on: February 19, 2018, 12:07:32 PM »
Tropic Thunder is one of my favorite comedies. But then againI don’t really like comedies.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5393 on: February 20, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
Watched 'Wonder' with the family last night. It's a nice feel good movie.

Indeed it was.

Indeed it was.  The chemistry between the two lead actors was more like brother/sister than romantic interests.  And the whole segment with Rhianna was completely useless.

Finally got around to watching Justice League last night.  Not as bad as I was expecting, but nowhere near as good as it could've and should've been.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5394 on: February 20, 2018, 11:36:02 AM »
Just watched Geostorm on blu-ray last night. I was pleasantly surprised, it was much better than I thought it was gonna be. Great action, special effects, and the acting was good too! Another cool aspect of the movie was the sound, very well mixed and the storms and explosions were intense!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #5395 on: February 20, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »
The Square

Fantastic. Can't believe that shitty movie with Diane Kruger, "In The Fade", won a golden globe over this one.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5396 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:29 AM »
Just watched Geostorm on blu-ray last night. I was pleasantly surprised, it was much better than I thought it was gonna be. Great action, special effects, and the acting was good too! Another cool aspect of the movie was the sound, very well mixed and the storms and explosions were intense!  :metal

My boys are dying to see this one....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5397 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:01 AM »

Make sure you watch it with a good sound system if possible.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5398 on: February 20, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »

Make sure you watch it with a good sound system if possible.

We have a fairly decent surround system,  nothing fancy but it does enhance the movie watching experience.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5399 on: February 20, 2018, 12:10:51 PM »
Tremors 5. Fun movie
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5400 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »
^^ broke into the wrong god damn rec room didn't ya  :lol

But anyway. I watched When Nature calls today and I just wanted to give major props to the rhino scene. Oh my god. I love how he has this tiny ass fan, and that's the one thing keeping him cool,  :lol

I just find that and the whole scene hilarious

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #5401 on: February 20, 2018, 06:01:46 PM »
That reminds me of the bus drivers in our school buses.

That scene is hilarious, along with when he gets shot in both legs and dances around.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5402 on: February 21, 2018, 06:08:38 PM »
Arrival. Loved it
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5403 on: February 22, 2018, 02:40:14 AM »
Arrival. Loved it

Great and not cliched movie!

I watched the latest Murder on the Orient Express. Surpassed my expectations, it was well done and Poirot was the right mix of his personal traits but toned down a bit without making him a caricature.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5404 on: February 22, 2018, 11:42:55 AM »
I love Paul Verhoeven, so I don't know why it took me so long to get around to watching Showgirls, but I did today. Some people says it blows, some people say its decent. Regardless, I was highly entertained.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5405 on: February 22, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
Daddy's Home 2

I'm a fan of Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, but this one didn't work.  There were a couple of scenes that I smirked at, but overall it was a bit of a chore to get through.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5406 on: February 23, 2018, 03:20:35 AM »
Fate of the Furious

It was terribly entertaining - in that it was both terrible and entertaining.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #5407 on: February 23, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »
Finally got Blade Runner 2049 on Blu Ray!

I still love it from beginning to end! Everything from acting to cgi and cinematography is top notch! One of the most visually beautiful movies I've ever seen. Roger Deakins must win the Oscar for cinematography this year.

I still would have put Blade Runner as a best picture candidate, and drop out Darkest Hour..

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5408 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:31 PM »
Glengarry glen ross.

Lots of really good actors. Quirky little movie. Love the alec baldwin scene though.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5409 on: February 23, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »
Love the alec baldwin scene though.

For sales professionals, this is the greatest 8 minutes of film ever made.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5410 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:55 PM »
Heavy Metal

Haven't seen it in quite awhile but this is a weird, trippy but very cool movie.  If you are in the market for naked cartoon ladies, this is the movie for you.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5411 on: February 23, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »
Love the alec baldwin scene though.

For sales professionals, this is the greatest 8 minutes of film ever made.

Hell yeah it is

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5412 on: February 23, 2018, 11:54:27 PM »
Just got back from seeing Annihilation. Hmmmm. Don’t really know what to say. Wasn’t overly impressed yet wasn’t completely turned off by it. I would definitely say it’s one you can wait to see on DVD or when it’s available in the streaming services.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5413 on: February 24, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Call Me By Your Name.

Another god damn great movie. Wasn't as impressed with Mr. Hammer as everyone else seemed to be, but the rest of the main cast was stellar. That ending speech too. Damn.

Also odd with Annihilation, I've literally heard the exact opposite. Not a perfect movie, but should definitely be seen in theaters and not on streaming.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5414 on: February 24, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »
Also odd with Annihilation, I've literally heard the exact opposite. Not a perfect movie, but should definitely be seen in theaters and not on streaming.

That is weird. I’d agree if it were stunning visuals.....which there are moments of but nowhere near enough of them to justify the $$ for the theater vs just watching at home.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5415 on: February 24, 2018, 03:29:54 PM »
Terror Firmer. Typical fun Troma trash
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5416 on: February 24, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
Darkest Hour.

Gary Oldman is beyond awesome in this. Movie was good but it seemed to start fast, and then stall things down because the climax had to be the Aces High speech (c'mon you all know what I'm talking about), while in reality it was given quite early in the war. It's a movie about a short span of time really, I assumed it would have covered more.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5417 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
I watched Basic Instinct for the very first time. Wow, what an awesome movie  :metal

Stone and douglas are captivating  :hefdaddy

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5418 on: February 24, 2018, 06:12:31 PM »
I watched Basic Instinct for the very first time. Wow, what an awesome movie  :metal

That is a really good movie.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5419 on: February 24, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »
I saw Imaginaerum last night just out of interest.
It was somewhat self indulgent, and at first I thought it was just going to be a straightforward wannabe Tim Burton movie on a budget, but I ended up quite enjoying it by the end. It took some time for the idea to come together, and the dialogue wasn't the best, and the effects were cheap at times, but it was worth a watch. And it goes without saying that it had a pretty good soundtrack. :P
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5420 on: February 24, 2018, 10:33:04 PM »

That is a really good movie.

It is.  I didn't realize it the first time I saw it, since I saw it when it came out in the theater with my girlfriend at the time (I was 19, she was 18), and it was basically revving us up for some fun after the film  :lol :biggrin:, but subsequent matches made me realize how good of a movie it really is.  Few women have ever looked as stunning on screen as Sharon Stone did in that flick.

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5421 on: February 25, 2018, 12:15:44 AM »
Saw Darkest Hour last night too. Great movie. If there was an award category for best scene of 2017, there’s one in here that I’d certainly vote for.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5422 on: February 25, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
Saw Darkest Hour last night too. Great movie. If there was an award category for best scene of 2017, there’s one in here that I’d certainly vote for.

Which one?

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5423 on: February 25, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »
Brain Damage (1988) - Well this might be one of my new favorite movies. I love me some Frank Henenlotter lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5424 on: February 25, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »

Which one?

The one on the subway.