Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554439 times)

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5285 on: January 17, 2018, 08:04:05 AM »
Those early Steven Seagal movies are the best.  Or maybe they're all good, but they're only cool the first 100 times or so, so the later ones kinda suck because they're all the same and you've seen it all 100 times already.  It's hard to tell.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5286 on: January 17, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »
The Hitman's Bodyguard-  Thought this was ok. Had some funny party, and Salma Hayek is freaking beautiful. 3/5

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5287 on: January 18, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
I just watched A ghost story. I think I liked it and I can see why people hated it.

It was interesting. Elegant in its simplicity and beautiful in a lot of ways. Its themes really resonated with me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:52:43 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5288 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »
I hear there's a 5 minute sequence of someone eating cake, and it's been a head scratcher for many people What is your take on it?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5289 on: January 18, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »
It felt gratuitous. Almost like the editor just goofed up and forgot to edit the pie scene down, since it didn't really add anything to the movie. Now of course ADHD me was going back and forth between tabs online, but even then it felt long...

Honestly the whole first 30 mins is a chore to get through, but then I started getting in to it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5290 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:28 AM »
I loved ’A Ghost Story’.

The pie eating scene was weird and frustrating, but I still actually really appreciated it. It was so against what’s ”okay” to do according to the language of film making that I can’t help but admire it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #5291 on: January 19, 2018, 06:41:04 AM »
Still catching up some great movies released from last year, finally saw Blade Runner 2049 and again kicking myself that I didn't see it in IMAX. There is no doubt that Denis is a visual master, the sets and imagery are absolutely breathtaking.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5292 on: January 19, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »
Still catching up some great movies released from last year, finally saw Blade Runner 2049 and again kicking myself that I didn't see it in IMAX. There is no doubt that Denis is a visual master, the sets and imagery are absolutely breathtaking.

Dunkirk and Blade Runner were stunning in IMAX.  I pity the fools that didn't invest the time and money to do it right.

Last movie I saw... Ex Machina.  Interesting shit, since I'm in the software business and see where AI is heading.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5293 on: January 19, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
I saw Dazed and Confused by Richard Linklater. I remembered randomly about his brilliant Waking Life, went through the list of his movies, and figured I'd try this one which is listed as a comedy. Comedy? it's almost horror!!! Well, maybe not strictly horror, and I get that it portrays the '70s and the atmosphere was different and the point was to show somehow of a wasted youth, but... the film is full of vicious and violent behaviour. Senior guys actively stalking freshman kids to actually beat them up, senior girls rounding up younger girls and force them to lay on the ground and being smeared with eggs, the casual slap on the butt from boys with girls actually laughing about it... I know that "initiation rites" have been a thing since the middle ages, but isn't about damn time that they all die in a fire to never ever come back under any shape, kind or form?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5294 on: January 20, 2018, 02:34:25 PM »
Just watch Raw

What a strange, fucked up film. And that's not a criticism, since I can get down with all of that. Its the heartwarming coming of age tale of a young girl discovering her cannibalistic side, and I'll refrain from saying more. If you like horror and don't mind subtitles, its worth a watch.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5295 on: January 20, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »
Saw 'Happy Death Day'. It was pretty fun. Nothing consequential, but pretty enjoyable.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5296 on: January 20, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »
Scream

Always enjoyed these ones, but there is one scene that is quite dated.  When the police are interviewing Billy, one of the questions was "what are you doing with a cellular telephone, son?"

I would still expect them to make one more Scream before its done for good.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5297 on: January 20, 2018, 09:16:34 PM »
Just watch Raw

What a strange, fucked up film. And that's not a criticism, since I can get down with all of that. Its the heartwarming coming of age tale of a young girl discovering her cannibalistic side, and I'll refrain from saying more. If you like horror and don't mind subtitles, its worth a watch.

That poster, for some reason, reminded me of the movie teeth.

I just finished watching IT and I really enjoyed it. I don’t remeber much of the original except for the inability to sleep for a week after seeing it. I think what I enjoyed most is it was different than the more recent horror movies I’ve been watching. This wasn’t washed in gray tint with a million jump scares, it was more fun.

I’m not a fan of child actors but the kids who were in IT were phenomenal.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5298 on: January 20, 2018, 09:41:42 PM »
War of Planet of The Apes. I haven't really been into these movies, but this latest installment is pretty awesome.
I thought it was soo random where they all ended up at the very end of the movie,   :lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5299 on: January 21, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »

I just finished watching IT and I really enjoyed it. I don’t remeber much of the original except for the inability to sleep for a week after seeing it. I think what I enjoyed most is it was different than the more recent horror movies I’ve been watching. This wasn’t washed in gray tint with a million jump scares, it was more fun.

I’m not a fan of child actors but the kids who were in IT were phenomenal.

I agree 100%. I like the slow and subtle burn of the original it. Its creepy and it takes its time. I liked the new one and everything, but it didn't resonant like the original did. Or a film like the shining still does to this day with me.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5300 on: January 22, 2018, 06:53:40 AM »
Kingsman 2: Okay but a perfect example of an unnecessary sequel. Still the loved the first one and 2 had it's moments but it just fell flat. 3/5
Inferno: This was my favorite Dan Brown book and I was already going in with low expectations because I knew they changed the ending. Overall another unnecessary sequel and the worst of the series to date. 2/5

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5301 on: January 23, 2018, 11:42:54 PM »
Just got back from the newest Jumanji flick (the lady wanted to see it), and I gotta be honest, I found it fucking hysterical. Very entertaining flick for sure.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5302 on: January 24, 2018, 06:46:30 AM »
Just got back from the newest Jumanji flick (the lady wanted to see it), and I gotta be honest, I found it fucking hysterical. Very entertaining flick for sure.

Aaahhh... the real reason Thrusty is back has been revealed!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5303 on: January 24, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »
Happy Death Day and The Snowman

Didn't like the snowman at all, found it boring and a chore to get through.

HDD on the other hand was a fun movie that had you guessing till the end.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5304 on: January 24, 2018, 09:58:06 AM »
HDD on the other hand was a fun movie that had you guessing till the end.

Saw it too, surprisingly good!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5305 on: January 24, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

Yeah...I was surprised at how well it went over with me as I had expected it to be less 'adult' humor. We took the boys because they really wanted to see it but I had some legit moments of laughter. My boys LOVED it. I thought the Rock was great in it...Jack Black and Kevin Hart were pretty friggin' funny as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5306 on: January 24, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

Yeah...I was surprised at how well it went over with me as I had expected it to be less 'adult' humor. We took the boys because they really wanted to see it but I had some legit moments of laughter. My boys LOVED it. I thought the Rock was great in it...Jack Black and Kevin Hart were pretty friggin' funny as well.

The Rock has always had the comedic chops, the smoldering looks bit was a great running joke, but the end all scene was when the Jack Black character was taking a piss. That one hurt I laughed so hard.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5307 on: January 24, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »
I, Tonya.

Really great movie. Margot Robbie was amazing, and I am not a huge fan of hers.

The mom character was really great, but so one note that I'm confused as to why she's getting all the Oscars buzz.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5308 on: January 24, 2018, 04:15:29 PM »
Body Double

Very cool early 80's suspense movie that is pretty unknown, but still has a cult following to it.  The movie has a cool vibe to it and showcases alot of the early 80s LA landmarks.  I've seen it a couple of times and there are quite a few twists in the movie too.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5309 on: January 24, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »

The Rock has always had the comedic chops, the smoldering looks bit was a great running joke, but the end all scene was when the Jack Black character was taking a piss. That one hurt I laughed so hard.

That scene was fantastic! My 11 year old son could be heard in the lobby laughing at that scene. I was cracking up as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #5310 on: January 25, 2018, 04:20:48 AM »
Body Double

Very cool early 80's suspense movie that is pretty unknown, but still has a cult following to it.  The movie has a cool vibe to it and showcases alot of the early 80s LA landmarks.  I've seen it a couple of times and there are quite a few twists in the movie too.

WOW, blast from the past. I loved that movie as it is quite dark.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5311 on: January 25, 2018, 06:31:05 AM »

The male actors all did well, but Karen Gillan stole the movie - that seduction scene!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5312 on: January 25, 2018, 07:27:13 AM »
Dude that was seriously hysterical

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5313 on: January 25, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
Guess I'll make note of Jumanji for a rental or Netflix.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5314 on: January 25, 2018, 10:18:09 AM »
For sure, definitely worth two hours if your life

Online Adami

« Reply #5315 on: January 25, 2018, 10:28:36 AM »
I actually want to see Jumanj but I'm just so damn busy.

I first need to see Call Me by Your Name and Darkest Hour in theaters, and would love to find a showing of Florida Project.

Even with Movie Pass, I'm finding it hard to even find 2 hours to dedicate.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5316 on: January 25, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »
Rocky 4

My favorite from the series!

Online Adami

« Reply #5317 on: January 25, 2018, 03:23:25 PM »
I feel like I'm the only person who prefers the dramatic Rocky (Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Creed), over the more fun cheesy Rocky (III, IV).

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5318 on: January 25, 2018, 10:04:06 PM »
Rocky 4

My favorite from the series!

They ran through them all again on TV last week, and I had to rewatch Rocky 4 for the millionth time. :lol With the exception of 5, I think they're all really good, but Rocky 4 speaks to me.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5319 on: January 26, 2018, 09:57:24 AM »
I was always partial to III.  The Ultimate Male vs The Ultimate Meatball.