Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 562196 times)

Offline NoseofNicko

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #4200 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
Ive seen 15 of those lol. BrainDead is one of my favorite horror comedies ever.

Braindead would probably make my top 5 favorite movies ever. :tup

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4201 on: February 05, 2017, 11:33:24 PM »
I love Japanese movies too.

Here's a list of the goriest movies I've seen if you're interested:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls053820093/

Has a few other Japanese movies. It's in no specific order except the first 2. Nothing is gorier than those 2 movies.

I've only seen three of them (the other one being Mutant Girls Squad, which was hilariously awesome). I've got Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I think I had problems with the subtitles.
I haven't even heard of most of the rest, so that gives me a lot to check out. :tup

Have you seen Tag, Battle Royale, or As The Gods Will? Not super gory, but still good.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:15:29 AM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4202 on: February 06, 2017, 07:14:18 AM »
I caught The 6th Day on TV tonight. I'd seen it before, or at least most of it, but not in a long time. Not one of Arnie's better, but still a decent movie, and maybe a bit better than I thought it was.

It was funny that Arnie tells the guy he should clone himself so he can go fuck himself, then later on says "when I told you to screw yourself, I didn't mean it literally".
Bitch, you literally gave him the literal definition! The very joke itself was a play on the fact you were taking a figure of speech and making it literal. Secondly lol at using your one "fuck" in a PG-14 movie on a line you're paraphrasing later as the final one liner.

And maybe that dude would have succeeded if he hired better henchman. He asks the girl how many times she'd been cloned, and she said she said she'd lost count. Spoiler - it was 4. She lost count at 4. If I was a clone, I'd at least make an effort to remember up to 10. After that I'm sure the novelty would wear off. But 4 I would remember for sure.

And Merl lost a limb, but it wasn't a hand. That would have been funny.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4203 on: February 06, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »
A Few Good Men - Ho.Ly.Crap.

This is just a great movie. Brilliant writing, directing and acting. Tom Cruise at the top of his game? And a reminder that Jack Nicholson is a hell of an actor. Every time Jack is on screen, everyone else isn't important. I also just love that the stakes are so small. What are the stakes? Whether or not Marines were ordered to punish their own people. That's it. But man, it made you feel like freedom for the western world was at stake.

Why does Tom Cruise attempt to act anymore? Dude has obvious talent, but is now just "Tom Cruise action star". Sad!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #4204 on: February 07, 2017, 02:35:21 AM »
It Follows.

Heard so much good about this.  But personally found it a letdown, not awful, just lacking.  It wasn't very scary, and seemed to have inconsistent rules regarding the creature/monster.

5/10.   Worth watching, but nowhere near the masterpiece of new horror it's been called in some quarters.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4205 on: February 07, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »

This is just a great movie. Brilliant writing, directing and acting. Tom Cruise at the top of his game? And a reminder that Jack Nicholson is a hell of an actor. Every time Jack is on screen, everyone else isn't important. I also just love that the stakes are so small. What are the stakes? Whether or not Marines were ordered to punish their own people. That's it. But man, it made you feel like freedom for the western world was at stake.
Yep.  One of my favorites.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4206 on: February 07, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »

Yep.  One of my favorites.

Absolutely. This movie is nails...across the board. Even Demi Moore threw a solid performance in there. I typically drop everything if I accidentally run across this on TV and watch the remainder of what's left. But, I haven't watched the full, unedited version in quite some time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4207 on: February 07, 2017, 07:11:48 PM »
Considering A Few Good Men is on TV all the time, how do you ever get anything done, then? :P

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #4208 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »
I love Japanese movies too.

Here's a list of the goriest movies I've seen if you're interested:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls053820093/

Has a few other Japanese movies. It's in no specific order except the first 2. Nothing is gorier than those 2 movies.

I've only seen three of them (the other one being Mutant Girls Squad, which was hilariously awesome). I've got Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I think I had problems with the subtitles.
I haven't even heard of most of the rest, so that gives me a lot to check out. :tup

Have you seen Tag, Battle Royale, or As The Gods Will? Not super gory, but still good.

I love Battle Royale. As the Gods Will was a lot of fun. I love Takashi Miike. Haven't seen Tag, but I want to. Sion Sono is a great director.

I'm surprised you haven't seen Braindead aka Dead Alive. It's the goriest movie ever.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #4209 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:53 AM »
Star Trek Beyond.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #4210 on: February 08, 2017, 03:15:59 AM »
10 Things I Hate About You. Don't know how I missed this :lol awesome movie, especially considering it's teen comedy :P
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #4211 on: February 10, 2017, 04:16:38 AM »
Double post :P
Saw Deadpool the other day, it was pretty good, I love origin stories. Also, it was funny. There's too much of Reynolds' naked butt.
The Nice Guys: I love movies like this. Plot isn't really anything special but characters redeemed it. I understand if some people don't like it, especially if you hate that obvious humor but I love it :lol (btw recommend me something similar)

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #4212 on: February 10, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
Rewatched Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)... What a movie.. That's how you don't simply take for granted a movie only because in it you'll have Batman, Superman and the like.. The film's three hour long, but is so entertainting that it goes very fast..

Separate mention for the fight scene.. :hefdaddy
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #4213 on: February 10, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
I have been away for months overseas for work. Catching up on movies that I get from my Oscar screener bud.

Hidden figures: Brilliant movie. Should definetly Best picture contender
Lala Land: went in a bit hesitant. Very good movie but no way a 14 nomination movie.
Arrival. Had to watch it 2 times.Last 1/2 hour will throw you for a loop. Incredible screenplay and visually fascinating. IMHO best picture of the year.
Moonlight: Great movie. Not a feel good movie but incredible movie
Fences: One word...........Denzel. Nothing more needs to be said.
Lion: Very well done movie. More people should see this masterpiece
Patriots Day: I am a big Peter Berg fan (director), Love everything he does. Solid movie.
Deepwater Horizon: Another Berg movie. Ok movie. Lots of action scenes. Not Bergs best but descent movie
Dr. Strange: Another Marvel solid movie. Visuals need to be seen on the biggest screen you can get
Up next: The Founder, Hell or High Water and for a change of pace so I don't have to think,  Ted 2

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4214 on: February 10, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

Patriots Day: I am a big Peter Berg fan (director), Love everything he does. Solid movie.

Even Battleships ? :P

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4215 on: February 10, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »
Manchester by the Sea. Very heavy, emotionally. Typical Oscar movie. But that's what I love so I thought it was great. Very raw and frankly left me stunned in moments.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #4216 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

Even Battleships ? :P
We don't talk about Battleship. It is like Fight Club. You don't talk about it

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4217 on: February 11, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »
Battleship COULD have been good. Parts of it were good.

But the parts that weren't REALLY weren't.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4218 on: February 11, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
John Wick.

Well, that escalated quickly.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4219 on: February 11, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »
Nocturnal Animals. Great one. A new contender for a spot on my top 10 of 2016.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4220 on: February 11, 2017, 09:11:33 PM »
Straight Outta Compton.

Really good movie.  I dug seeing each individual strife that each rapper went through.   Suge Knight was fucking scary.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4221 on: February 12, 2017, 04:13:12 AM »
Fifty Shades Darker

Went last night with my wife. I thought it was OK, good fun for date night. And I thought the overall flow was more enjoyable than the first film. But the source material is what it is, so there is only so good this can be.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4222 on: February 12, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
Saw Split last weekend.  Excellent movie, IMO.  Shyamalan may have finally gotten his career back on track.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4223 on: February 12, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »
Saw Split last weekend.  Excellent movie, IMO.  Shyamalan may have finally gotten his career back on track.

He's making lower budgeted movies which then turn a huge profit. The Wachowskis could learn something because they're good directors and have great ideas.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4224 on: February 12, 2017, 12:10:17 PM »
It was my gf's turn to pick the movie and she picked LA LA Land. I wasn't looking forward to watching it but it was actually a really good movie.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4225 on: February 12, 2017, 01:17:05 PM »
Swiss Army Man.

So weird, convoluted and nonsensical but equally heart warming and thoughtful. The ending was pretty appropriate for how insane the movie was. Probably will never watch it again but it was nice. Reminds me of a fever dream.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4226 on: February 12, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
Donnie Darko

This wasn't what I was expecting. The movie I expected would have been better. All of the characters rang hollow to me and weren't believable. The main character wasn't likable, and the over the top angry smile he pulled every time he was doing bunny rabbit's evil bidding was silly. The attempts at humour fell very flat. And I would not label this movie as scifi.
Maggie Gyllenhaal actually looked half ok in it. Where did it go wrong for her?

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #4227 on: February 12, 2017, 09:04:52 PM »
Donnie Darko

This wasn't what I was expecting. The movie I expected would have been better. All of the characters rang hollow to me and weren't believable. The main character wasn't likable, and the over the top angry smile he pulled every time he was doing bunny rabbit's evil bidding was silly. The attempts at humour fell very flat. And I would not label this movie as scifi.
Maggie Gyllenhaal actually looked half ok in it. Where did it go wrong for her?

Is a shame that you didn't like it.. The movie is beyond madness.. I watched it several years ago (lol) and without knowing it was a "cult classic".. I liked it regardless that, although I didn't quite get it the first time I saw it.. The second time I watched the director's cut version, and that time I liked it even more, finally and fully getting it -well, in this case, is actually way more complicated than that.. The film is not what it looks like; the ending is unique, or at least it was in the time the movie was made..
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4228 on: February 12, 2017, 10:42:14 PM »
Both of the Percy Jackson movies were making the rounds recently, so we recorded and watched them both, in order of course.  I thought they were a lot of fun.  Silly, not exactly masterpieces of screenplay, but the effects were cool, and there were twists along the way to keep things interesting.  The first one was better, but I personally didn't like the recurring bad guy, so when he came back for the second one, I was already bored with him.

But Alexandra Daddario more than made up for that.  What an absolutely stunning young lady.  I can totally see her as the daughter of a goddess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4229 on: February 13, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »
I personally think the Percy Jackson movies are awful.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4230 on: February 13, 2017, 05:25:02 AM »
Pierce Prosnan as a Centaur :D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4231 on: February 18, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
I've got to say again how much I liked The Nice Guys.  I love the dialogue.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #4232 on: February 19, 2017, 02:51:13 AM »
I've got to say again how much I liked The Nice Guys.  I love the dialogue.
:tup

Saw Drive yesterday and I loved it! It's kinda weird at the start, there's not much dialogue, Gosling is mostly silent but it's cool to see him in this kind of role. Music is key part of the film and it is awesome. I'm not even sure why I like this so much but I do :lol Definitely a modern classic.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4233 on: February 19, 2017, 03:12:25 AM »
Late to the party in seeing Dr. Strange.

I was unfamiliar with the character so I was surprised to learn that "Doctor Strange" is not a title but the actual name and profession of the protagonist  ;D story, explanation of how the "magical" stuff works and of course the visual effects were all good, all in all a very entertaining movie. Another hit for Marvel!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4234 on: February 19, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »
How to Train Your Dragon 2

Held off on this one for a year or so knowing the story and knowing our son is a very sensitive soul.  Just like the first, great movie in spite of Jay Baruchel's annoying voice.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?