Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 553097 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2015, 06:43:26 AM »
Ex Machina. WOW!

I wanted to see this but it had already left the cinemas when I wanted to go yesterday. I is sad. :sadpanda:
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »
Night Shift. I can see why Michael Keaton blew up after this. Hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:07:16 PM by bout to crash »
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:17 AM »
Long time since I'd seen that film Jackie.

Just saw The Equalizer.  I love a good one man against many, black ops killing machine.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »

Just saw The Equalizer.  I love a good one man against many, black ops killing machine.

I'm juuuust old enough to remember the TV series  :-\  - actually the only show I remember watching with my dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
Night Shift. I can see why Michael Keaten blew up after this. Hilarious.
Holy crap, what a great movie.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »
I agree, I like that movie a lot, too.  Michael Keaton was still his wiseass persona, but his character showed a certain amount of subtlety, and you started off kinda hating him, or at least thinking he was a real dick, but by the end you come around.  Which is of course one of the main points of the film.

I like Henry Winkler in it, too.  Henry was still working on the whole "I am not Fonzie" thing, and I think this film helped him a lot, too.

Shelly Long, well, I don't know if I ever liked her that much, but I did find that one scene (you know the one) surprisingly pleasant.  That's about all I can say about her.  Her character was a bitch and honestly didn't change a lot over the course of the film, but maybe she wasn't supposed to.  It was all about Keaton and Winkler, and they both nailed it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

I'm juuuust old enough to remember the TV series  :-\  - actually the only show I remember watching with my dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE

Some of the movie that was filmed in the a closed Lowes about 2 miles from my brothers house.  Very cool to see a place I've shopped before in a movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2015, 11:15:26 AM »
I like Henry Winkler in it, too.  Henry was still working on the whole "I am not Fonzie" thing, and I think this film helped him a lot, too.
He's still Fonzie to me.

:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline adace

« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
San Andreas was pretty enjoyable. The acting felt a bit wooden at times and the plot was pretty cliched but the special effects/CGI were top notch.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »
San Andreas was pretty enjoyable. The acting felt a bit wooden at times and the plot was pretty cliched but the special effects/CGI were top notch.
Plus Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2015, 05:23:59 PM »

This man has his priorities in order.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2015, 07:08:41 AM »

This man has his priorities in order.
Dear God, it was wonderful.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2015, 06:12:32 PM »
I agree, I like that movie a lot, too.  Michael Keaton was still his wiseass persona, but his character showed a certain amount of subtlety, and you started off kinda hating him, or at least thinking he was a real dick, but by the end you come around.  Which is of course one of the main points of the film.

Shelly Long, well, I don't know if I ever liked her that much, but I did find that one scene (you know the one) surprisingly pleasant.  That's about all I can say about her.  Her character was a bitch and honestly didn't change a lot over the course of the film, but maybe she wasn't supposed to.  It was all about Keaton and Winkler, and they both nailed it.

Yeah, they had a great vibe together. Keaton was just so ridiculous in the best way, and I empathized a lot with Winkler.

Guys, I want to watch more movies that in some way involve the dead. I was actually hoping this would have more of that stuff in it because of their profession. I like movies about funerals, people who work in these sorts of fields, etc. Any recommendations?

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »
Memories of Murder. Fantastic movie. South Korea is coming close to being my favourite country when it comes to foreign film.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #294 on: June 05, 2015, 08:08:11 AM »
Guys, I want to watch more movies that in some way involve the dead. I was actually hoping this would have more of that stuff in it because of their profession. I like movies about funerals, people who work in these sorts of fields, etc. Any recommendations?
Not a movie, but try the show Six Feet Under, if you haven't already.

You probably have already seen it.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »

Bernie

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2015, 09:38:14 AM »
That's funny, I googled "morbid movies" and "funeral movies" yesterday and Bernie came up, so that's now on my list   :tup

It's my favorite TV show on earth  :heart

I think we talked about it a while back. In fact, I think I started the thread on it here  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:39 AM »
That's funny, I googled "morbid movies" and "funeral movies" yesterday and Bernie came up, so that's now on my list   :tup

Bernie was the most pleasent surprise I've had in a long time. I was shocked at how good it was. I had never heard of it until it popped up on Netflix. The movie had me hooked by the 90 second mark. So well done. So different and refreshing. It was upliftingly funny and somewhat dark at the same time. I recommend it to all.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704573/

"In small-town Texas, an affable mortician strikes up a friendship with a wealthy widow"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »

It's my favorite TV show on earth  :heart

I think we talked about it a while back. In fact, I think I started the thread on it here  :lol
I semi-remembered that as soon as I hit "Post."

Offline faizoff

« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »
Godzilla, still quite enjoyable though I originally saw it in IMAX 3D the first time. The experience was amazing, it was all you could ask for with the sounds and visual effects and huge screen but parts of the movie moved quite slow and I really didn't care for kick-ass and his wife.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
The Judge.

Boy, the ties that bind a family.   A great drama.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2015, 09:33:15 PM »
Moon. Still fantastic. 9/10.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2015, 09:45:47 PM »
Moon. Still fantastic. 9/10.

Yep.  :tup

Offline T-ski

« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
saw "Kingsman" last night.  I went in not knowing the basis other than it was a spy/action flick with some humor. 

came away wondering what the hell I just watched, but in a good way.  The church scene will be one I remember for a long time.  not sure I'll be on board if/when the sequel comes about but I enjoyed myself for the 2 hours it was on.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:36 AM »
Godzilla, still quite enjoyable though I originally saw it in IMAX 3D the first time. The experience was amazing, it was all you could ask for with the sounds and visual effects and huge screen but parts of the movie moved quite slow and I really didn't care for kick-ass and his wife.

I felt robbed when I watched that movie. The fight scene at the end was amazing, but the hour and a half leading up to it was super boring. I still argue that the 98 version was better.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2015, 08:50:22 AM »
I don't know if I would be comfortable calling the '98 Godzilla the better of anything

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
I don't know if I would be comfortable calling the '98 Godzilla the better of anything

If you were comparing it with herpes, it would be a dead heat.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
I hate you.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »
I felt robbed when I watched that movie. The fight scene at the end was amazing, but the hour and a half leading up to it was super boring. I still argue that the 98 version was better.

I thought the new Godzilla was pretty overrated myself, but let's not get carried away now. :biggrin:

Offline faizoff

« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
I personally didn't mind the '98 Godzilla it was kind of a fun stupid action movie with a beast. Yeah sure it didn't really follow along with lore of Godzilla I'm told but whatever, I wasn't picky. The new one I think tried to be a little more clever than it needed to be. Bryan Cranston should've had a bigger role and the start and middle was promising.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2015, 09:58:41 AM »

Better than what?

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
I liked the new godzilla but it's not one of my favorites. I did not mind the fact that godzilla takes his sweet ass time showing up because that's basically a staple of the series. My main problem is that the human story was kinda boring. Bryan Cranston was the most interesting character and it's a shame that he wasn't in more of it. I Am still looking forward to the next one and I hope Ghidrah is in it.

One of my favorite godzilla movies is monster zero. Like the new one there is only about 20 minutes of monster action but the human story with the aliens was interesting enough to keep my attention while the monsters were away.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2015, 10:37:04 AM »
I liked the new godzilla but it's not one of my favorites. I did not mind the fact that godzilla takes his sweet ass time showing up because that's basically a staple of the series. My main problem is that the human story was kinda boring. Bryan Cranston was the most interesting character and it's a shame that he wasn't in more of it. I Am still looking forward to the next one and I hope Ghidrah is in it.

The weak point was definitely the human element, building up Cranston as a great character, then killing him and expecting us to be invested in the generic all Murican family man soldier character who thought he was a crackpot.
But the pacing of the buildup to Godzilla was so amazing at the cinema, and had me so damn excited by the time you finally see him in full as he lets out the signature roar, and that was after watching about 10 of the Jap Godzilla movies in a row leading up to it.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2015, 10:44:20 AM »
But the pacing of the buildup to Godzilla was so amazing at the cinema, and had me so damn excited by the time you finally see him in full as he lets out the signature roar
Yes, best part of the film.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
98 Godzilla was probably my favorite movie as a kid, and it remains a guilty pleasure movie for me. But yeah the new one was definetely better.