Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 561540 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1645 on: February 04, 2016, 05:12:48 PM »
Ring toss will make all three work.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1646 on: February 04, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
I like the way u think :tup

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1647 on: February 04, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
I like the way u think :tup
  and for her pleasure make it a sausage pizza.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1648 on: February 04, 2016, 06:22:18 PM »
You need to watch his Sex & The City 2 review. It's hilarious.

That movie is bad beyond words.  And I was a big fan of the TV series, and while they did Hollywood up the first movie a bit too much, it was still very enjoyable.  The second one, though, sucks major swamp water.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1649 on: February 04, 2016, 08:37:07 PM »
Dancer in the Dark

The Bjork movie

She is just major talented.   The movie truly brought me to tears.   I'm not what you would consider a Bjork fan.  I saw this movie on a recommendation from my cousin, and it just blew me away.   Now I seriously want to check out more of her work.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1650 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:35 PM »
Dancer in the Dark

The Bjork movie

She is just major talented.   The movie truly brought me to tears.   I'm not what you would consider a Bjork fan.  I saw this movie on a recommendation from my cousin, and it just blew me away.   Now I seriously want to check out more of her work.

She is amazing, but that movie is Lars Von Trier. Sadly, as far as I know, she never acted again because of how much she hated doing that movie.

But check out his other movies. They are brilliant and moving and just the greatest movies I have ever seen.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1651 on: February 04, 2016, 11:43:09 PM »
I don't think I can ever watch that movie again. It's great, but no.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1652 on: February 05, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »
I don't think I can ever watch that movie again. It's great, but no.

Next time you visit me, we're watching Dancer in the Dark and Dogville, and I will collect your tears and cherish them.

Also, I actually have full size framed movie posters for both of those movies on my wall. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1653 on: February 05, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
I wouldn't call Dogville a tear-jerker but that is another one I also have no desire to see again. Matter of fact that's most of his stuff :lol
Nymphomaniac being the major exception. I need to watch that again.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1654 on: February 06, 2016, 11:54:57 AM »
Saw 'Trumbo' at an old style, smallish theater because of Bryan Cranston, and the story. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumbo_(2015_film)

No surprise he was nominated for an Oscar.  Also, Goodman is fantastic.  Louis C.K. was amazingly good as a combination of his close associates.

Because of that, we have watched 'Roman Holiday' (he won an Oscar but could not get writing credits or his name listed), and will be watching 'Spartacus' today (also won an Oscar, and he was kept on due to the insistence of Otto Preminger and Kirk Douglas).

Before that:  'To Kill A Mockingbird', 'The 39 Steps', 'Groundhog Day', 'Christmas Vacation', 'Star Trek II' (for the gazillionth time), and 'The Illusionist' (for the umpteenth time).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:24:03 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1655 on: February 06, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
The Saint

First time I saw it. pretty good. I love watching films from different time periods, especially the 90's. Reminds me of my childhood and they are made so very differently than films today.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1656 on: February 06, 2016, 01:21:12 PM »
This morning I watched I Married A Witch from 1942 with Veronica Lake. I enjoyed it and it doesn't hurt that Veronica Lake was in it. She's one of my favorite classic movie actresses. She was also great in Hold That Blonde, The Blue Dahlia, The Glass Key, and Miss Susie Slagle's.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1657 on: February 06, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »
Grabbed it from the library this afternoon.  Will watch during the week.  Thanks.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1658 on: February 06, 2016, 03:32:26 PM »
I liked The Saint.  Val is cool, and I've always thought that Elisabeth Shue was underrated.  The plot got a little hard for me to follow, but it was fun.

Veronica Lake was a babe.  Like, a serious babe.  For her time, for all time.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1659 on: February 06, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
I liked The Saint.  Val is cool, and I've always thought that Elisabeth Shue was underrated.  The plot got a little hard for me to follow, but it was fun.

it is a movie that is what it is. If it is on I watch. A "guilty pleasure".

I played soccer against Elisabeth's brother Andrew (Mellrose Place actor) for years in the 80's. LOL. I was a defense guy and always guarded him. She was always at his games lol.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1660 on: February 06, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »

It's a shame she hit the bottle so much and died as young as she did. I know she was in her 50s but that's young.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1661 on: February 06, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street 1-6. They pretty much got worse as it went on.

Next up today The Majestic haven't seen it for years directed by Frank Darabont, will be interesting to see how many of his regulars are in the movie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1662 on: February 06, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »
I love first and 3rd nightmare on elm streets. 2 tried something different but didn't click with me. I respect it though.

4 and 5 were just so so.

6 was god awful and A new nightmare was awesome

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1663 on: February 06, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Wes Craven's New Nightmare was my favorite.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1664 on: February 06, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »
Tomorrowland.   I saw the average reviews but I really liked the movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1665 on: February 07, 2016, 12:18:48 AM »
Finally saw Zero Dark Thirty. Pretty cool. Nothing amazing. But entertaining and (I guess, I dunno, maybe it's totally wrong, but supposedly) enlightening.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1666 on: February 07, 2016, 03:41:29 AM »
Galaxy Quest :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1667 on: February 07, 2016, 04:37:36 AM »
Wes Craven's New Nightmare was my favorite.
This guy knows what's up.

Same here.

Galaxy Quest :lol
That is the correct response.  :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1668 on: February 07, 2016, 07:48:38 AM »
 ;)

I'm watching The Godfather Epic right now, which is the first two movies in chronological order plus additional scenes. The additional scenes have been pretty good, including the first time Vito meets Hyman Roth.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1669 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »
Once. I watched this one just because Glenn Hansard and Marketa Irglova starred it. It was nice, pretty good music overall, but it was confusing towards the end - at least it's not your typical love story :lol

Atari: Game Over. Some guys hunting the legend of thousands of E.T. games that were buried in the desert, while reviewing Atari's history and how the game was conceived. Fascinating.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1670 on: February 07, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
I loved that Atari doc. Btw, I still own the ET game.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: February 08, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
Star Wars for a second time.  This time in 3D

Awesome!!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1672 on: February 08, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »
Steve Jobs - Excellently crafted movie. Great dialogue, characters, directing, acting. Everything was great.

The Big Lebowski - Hadn't seen this one before, and it might be the worst generally praised movie I have ever seen. I wanted to turn this off at several moments. It was very weird, which can be good thing, and there were fun ideas in there, but this movies absolute and massive downfall is John Goodman's character, who might be the most annoying character I have ever seen in a movie. I hate that guy with a passion and it completely ruined what would have otherwise been an okay movie for me. Worthy of a spot on IMDb's top 250? Fuck no.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1673 on: February 08, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
I pretty much agree about The Big Lebowski.  Weird, sometimes amusing, but basically ruined by that one character.  Apparently the John Goodman character is based on a real guy, and supposedly Goodman completely nails it.  That's great, but that doesn't mean I want to watch this loud-mouthed, obnoxious asshole, and every scene he's in, I just want to shoot him in the face.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1674 on: February 08, 2016, 05:12:00 PM »

I just saw it over this last weekend and liked it as well. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1675 on: February 08, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »
John Goodman didn't really ruin Lebowski for me, but I was definitely let down by it after all the hype. It's funny, but definitely not top 250 material for sure. Not a cult following I can understand, but there are lots of those out there.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1676 on: February 08, 2016, 09:12:54 PM »
ABCs of Death 1 and 2. God I wish they would make a third film. These are so great and I love them just as much as when I first saw them. There are some stinkers, to be sure, but for the most part they're either hilarious, horrifying, a combination of both, or are just so god damn awkward and weird that it equates to being horrified. I've really been getting back into anthology horror and I think this one is my favorite. I really enjoy the V/H/S series as well but I like that ABCs doesn't take itself seriously in any way, shape or form and knows that it's ridiculous and yet is still somehow pretty damn horrific at points (mostly just intensely weird and awkward though...but to me that is worse than outright terror). V/H/S is pretty original and neat but it does go over the top while still being srsbznss and in that way it makes it a little less terrifying. Something about ABCs being self aware and completely laid back about the horror makes it easier to take in and subsequently not as cheesy precisely because it knows that it's cheesy.

On that note, I'm about to start V/H/S and think I will watch at least the first and maybe second before bed. ZZZzzzZZZzzz  :angel:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1677 on: February 09, 2016, 12:40:30 AM »

For the second time. I think it's up there with the likes of Toy Story and Wall-E and, therefore, one of Pixar's best.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1678 on: February 09, 2016, 01:06:17 AM »
ABCs of Death 1 and 2. God I wish they would make a third film. These are so great and I love them just as much as when I first saw them. There are some stinkers, to be sure, but for the most part they're either hilarious, horrifying, a combination of both, or are just so god damn awkward and weird that it equates to being horrified. I've really been getting back into anthology horror and I think this one is my favorite. I really enjoy the V/H/S series as well but I like that ABCs doesn't take itself seriously in any way, shape or form and knows that it's ridiculous and yet is still somehow pretty damn horrific at points (mostly just intensely weird and awkward though...but to me that is worse than outright terror). V/H/S is pretty original and neat but it does go over the top while still being srsbznss and in that way it makes it a little less terrifying. Something about ABCs being self aware and completely laid back about the horror makes it easier to take in and subsequently not as cheesy precisely because it knows that it's cheesy.

On that note, I'm about to start V/H/S and think I will watch at least the first and maybe second before bed. ZZZzzzZZZzzz  :angel:

The ABCs of Death stressed me out when I watched it, and I believe I stopped at M. I just can't watch stuff like that. It makes me feel so uncomfortable, so I guess it's doing its job :lol

For the second time. I think it's up there with the likes of Toy Story and Wall-E and, therefore, one of Pixar's best.

I've seen it a third time pretty recently and I agree. It's incredible. My two favorites have always been Up and Monster's Inc. (This is the same director as those so that's probably another reason why I love this one so much as well).

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1679 on: February 09, 2016, 02:26:31 AM »
The Martian. Enjoyable. Nonesense, off course, but enjoyable nonsense.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....