Author Topic: Community (TV Series)  (Read 67021 times)

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
Re: Community (TV Series)
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2013, 01:58:22 AM »
Thank god the show is not going to end with that piece of shit finale.
Goddammit Megan why did you have to write that?
This is basically why I'm glad the show was renewed. I've gone back and forth on my opinion of S4, but the finale was just terrible.
I'm going to naively hope that S5 will go back to a vibe closer to the first two seasons. It won't happen, but I can dream.
S4 was to me, almost back on track with the feel of S1, but the new showrunners just couldn't make it really work.
I loved a lot of the character moments like The thanksgiving episode, the Sawdie Hawkings Dance, The One were they sell out Greendale and The Body switch episode better than almost anything from S3.
If only S4 could have gotten better jokes and stopped with the forced meta/parody humor like the Premiere, The Muppets(Even tho I loved that episode after a rewatch, I'm a sucker for muppets and the songs were catchy) and the PIECE OF SHIT FINALE, I would have rated S4 better than S3.
Oh yeah, and the Hallowen ep from S4 sucked dick too. Holy shit Megan couldn't write for shit after the bottle ep from S2.

I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2013, 02:39:03 AM »
The show should've ditched "high-concept" episodes.  As soon as the show got back to being about its characters, it was solid and very enjoyable.  There were a bunch of really good episodes this season.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline TL

« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
The worst thing is that the new writing team seemed to latch onto the idea that the wacky and high concept elements were what the show was all about, when really, going too far with those elements is what caused the show to decline.

The best moments of S4 were lower key, and character based. The episode with the Sophie B Hawkins dance was one of the best of the season, because the humor and situations came naturally from the characters being who they were.

The whole 'darkest timeline' thing should never have been more than a one-off joke. Why they keep bringing it back, I'll never understand.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
I watched the first season and laughed 2 times. I'm watching the second season and I have get to crack a smile. At this point, I'm really wishing for my time back.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #354 on: May 20, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
I watched the first season and laughed 2 times. I'm watching the second season and I have get to crack a smile. At this point, I'm really wishing for my time back.
I don't trust in someone that doesn't like S1.
Stop watching. It's not for you.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #355 on: December 12, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »
Community Season 5 Trailer
 :lol

The waiting is usually the hardest part, but, after watching that, the hardest part right now is definitely my penis.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »
So I didn't catch it, but from what I hear the show is good again. Is this the truth?

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2014, 02:32:15 PM »
So I didn't catch it, but from what I hear the show is good again. Is this the truth?

I thought it was definately better than what they offered up to us last year. It's not as if I died laughing the entire time but the way they explained away last season and set up the cast remaining together at Greendale seems interesting.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
It is very evident that Dan Harmon is back.  Mike from Breaking Bad is awesome far.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »
Abed's Nic Cage impression was godly.  :lol

The first episode was merely okay, but they had to Repilot the show so I give them a free pass. Plus, it was entertaining even if it wasn't hilarious.

Second episode was much better. Mike from BB is a good addition so far and I'm hoping that Jon Oliver, now that he's no longer burdened with being a Serious Reporter (tm) on the Daily Show, will return but I'm guessing Chang will be added to the group.

Offline TL

« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2014, 05:40:56 PM »
The first two episodes were pretty good, and definitely a huge step up from the previous season. They had a lot from last year that they had to un-do before moving on, and they got most of it out of the way, so I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take things now.

Also, John Oliver is coming back for at least a few episodes this season. Mike from Breaking Bad is fantastic so far.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member

Offline Grizz

« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:34 PM »
Let's hope that Yahoo isn't the worst thing about season
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:52 PM »
Started watching this about 3 weeks ago and finished it yesterday. I cried when it was over. That's how much I liked it.

POP POP!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
:tup One of my all time favorite TV comedies. Writing doesn't get much better than Remedial Chaos Theory.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »
Just started watching this show. I'm about 13 or 14 episodes in. So. Fucking. Funny.  :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »
Just started watching this show. I'm about 13 or 14 episodes in. So. Fucking. Funny.  :tup

Such a good series. I miss it....and I really miss seeing Allison Brie every week!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »

Excellent :tup Just wait until you get to the back half of season 1, I feel like that's where they really started stepping their game up
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2017, 06:05:21 AM »

Just finished this show last night. Loved it. The last season got a little meh, and it sucked losing Pierce and Troy, but it held on okay.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2022, 02:01:35 PM »
I didn't expect to see Pierce, but not having Troy or Shirley return surprises me a bit.

Am excited either way!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »
I need to finish this show. I lost interest either towards the end of season 3 or beginning of season 4, can't remember when I stopped watching.

A movie should be fun though
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2022, 02:12:34 PM »
Season 04 became a bit of a running joke for 5 and 6. That's the season they fired Dan Harmon before and most of his people followed him out the door. Most came back when he was rehired for Season 5. I admittedly tend to skip S04 when doing a rewatch. Sometimes I watch it, but Community is not Community without Harmon.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline HOF

« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2022, 06:33:48 PM »
I didn’t know that about Season 4. I don’t remember a let down in one particular season, but I’d have to go back and see what some of those episodes were. Community is definitely one of the funnier shows of the millennium.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 06:39:01 PM by HOF »

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #374 on: October 07, 2022, 08:31:49 PM »
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/community-movie-dan-harmon-donald-glover-peacock-1235396414/

This is good to hear. Donald was all in for a movie when they did the lockdown live read. I'm good either way, but a Troy and Abed reunion is everything.