Author Topic: Star Trek: Thread Space 9  (Read 85374 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Star Trek: Thread Space 9
« Reply #2555 on: September 06, 2020, 11:33:29 AM »
But I do like some things. It looks good. The CGI isn't half bad. And I like how it ties into TOS, though there are some lore inconsistencies. Like a Klingon D7 battlecruiser a 100 years before they are even introduced in DIS season 2. :lol
The producers often took designs and designations from the old tile game Starfleet Battles. That's definitely where the D7 designation came from, and the D6 and D7 were basically identical from the outside. Different weapons and other systems, but the same hull design. You could make the case that the ship in ENT was a D6, albeit a brand spanking new one, I'd imagine. However, the model they used was actually a K'tinga class cruiser, blowing that theory all to hell.  :lol  According to Memory Alpha they created a new model to use, presumably a D5, but the producers didn't like it and had them reuse an existing model.

As I recently pointed out, I found ENT far better than I remembered, with S2 probably the high point. S3 was inconsistent, but had the best episodes in it. S4 is half pretty good and half unwatchable garbage.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2556 on: September 09, 2020, 06:43:25 AM »
So another ST where the Fed is dead. Hopefully it's half as decent as Andromeda.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2557 on: September 09, 2020, 06:51:01 AM »
So another ST where the Fed is dead. Hopefully it's half as decent as Andromeda.

Yea that trailer did not look good to me. It just went full generic modern sci-fi. Hopefully the show is better than the trailer but it looked pretty awful to this guy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online soupytwist

• cockblocking ass
« Reply #2558 on: September 09, 2020, 07:39:46 AM »

I hope it's a lot better than Andromeda!  That show started garbage and somehow got worse the longer it went on.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:47:42 AM by soupytwist »

Offline Adami

« Reply #2559 on: September 09, 2020, 07:57:55 AM »

I hope it's a lot better than Andromeda!  That show started garbage and somehow got worse the longer it went on.

Iíve never seen it, but if you hate it, itís probably fantastic.  ;D
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online soupytwist

• cockblocking ass
« Reply #2560 on: September 09, 2020, 08:36:27 AM »

:biggrin:

How you end up getting on with ToS?  I think the last I saw you'd make a start and you were enjoying more than expected.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2561 on: September 09, 2020, 08:53:17 AM »
After what I'd read about S2 I was really considering giving it a shot. It was having to get through S1 that stopped me. After seeing that trailer I'm so glad I didn't bother. I'm still cautiously optimistic about the Pike show, but I can't shake this feeling that theyr'e going to set it in the MCU or something.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

« Reply #2562 on: September 09, 2020, 09:48:47 AM »

:biggrin:

How you end up getting on with ToS?  I think the last I saw you'd make a start and you were enjoying more than expected.

Moving very very slowly. On season 2. Just did the Cochran episode. Still enjoying it despite the clunkers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kingshmegland

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2563 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:55 PM »
ďI don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.Ē - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2564 on: September 23, 2020, 02:36:41 PM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2565 on: September 23, 2020, 02:55:18 PM »
Holy fuck
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2566 on: September 23, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
Worf did have great hair.  I'm thinking with the right shampoo and conditioner, volumizer, maybe some texturizing product, he could really shine.