Author Topic: The DC Movies Thread v AQUAMAN  (Read 128627 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The DC Movies Thread v Dawn of Justice League
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2015, 05:24:52 PM »
Just saw a crappy caption of the Suicide Squad trailer shown at Comi-con. Looked refreshingly cool despite the crappy quality. Very intrigued from what i've saw!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
Did. Anyone. Catch. This?!?

I'm all sorts of happy right now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 05:05:29 AM »
Yeah, that looked cool.  looking forward to this movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 05:28:46 AM »
The trailer was encouraging.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:46 PM »
The leaked trailer for Suicide Squad, from what I could make out of, looked great. Weird piece of music to go with it, but all the shots of Harley, Deadshot, and Amanda Waller was money. Plus Jared Leto as the Joker...I can't wait to see more of what he has to bring  :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 03:20:31 PM »
Suicide Squad trailer officially online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVFTrLDsW8U

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »
After watching the HD Suicide trailer I am now officially stoked.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
The leaked trailer for Suicide Squad, from what I could make out of, looked great. Weird piece of music to go with it, but all the shots of Harley, Deadshot, and Amanda Waller was money. Plus Jared Leto as the Joker...I can't wait to see more of what he has to bring  :metal
I don't know , I actually thought the music felt right.  :) The trailer looks awesome and Jared Leto seems to give Joker his own take. As i've heard someone say Jack Ns Joker was crazy, Heath Ls Joker was anarchist and Jareds Joker seems to be horrific and frightening or something like that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
Oh no doubt! It really set the mood for the trailer. I guess it was just an unexpected choice. It's hauntingly beautiful.

So...the kid at 1:38 in this trailer....could it be, and maybe that's who the Suicide Squad are going after....Anarky?

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »
So never mind, that is not Anarky lol. The graffiti on the wall looked like the Anarky logo, and the kid is actually Cara Delevingne who is playing Enchantress. I don't hate the idea of the Squad going after Anarky though, but maybe for another movie.

Exciting times for comic books fans. We got all these superhero movies coming out the next several years, and next year DC is finally getting their franchise up and running. Their darker approach is a nice contrast to the MCU's lighter approach.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »
Apparently Tyrese Gibson is in talks to play John Stewart (Green Lantern) in the DCU. Pleeeease god don't let that happen...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »
Just watched the batman animated film Under the red hood

All I can say is wow. What a fantastic watch that was :clap:

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2015, 02:29:43 AM »
^^^ One of the finest superhero movies ever. I don't care if it was a straight to home release.

So this image dropped today on Gal Gadot's page to announce that Wonder Woman is officially filming!

I'm pretty excited. I can't believe Wonder Woman has never gotten a big screen adaptation in her 75 years of existence. Seems like she'll serve as the Captain America for the DCU, and i'm not just talking about her solo film being a period piece. I think she's one who is going to bring the JLA together, and I think she's the one in Batman V Superman is gonna get in between Bats and Supes from their little locker room brawl.

Patty Jenkins is directing, which i'm also excited about.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »
Can't say I'm overly excited about Wonder Woman. Not because she is a female superhero, but I don't really care about Gal Gadot, and I never read Wonder Woman. But if I enjoy Batman v Superman, I'll probably see Wonder Woman at the theater anyways (Heck, I watch every superhero film there).

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2015, 01:28:36 AM »
The new trailer for Batman V Superman is set to premiere during Jimmy Kimmel this Wednesday. Here's a sneak peek!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6as8ahAr1Uc&feature=player_embedded

I'm really curious about this scene, and why Batfleck is wearing the Liberty Files Bat-Suit!!!!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2015, 05:43:43 AM »
Big crossover episodes of The Flash/Green Arrow coming up leading into Legends of Tomorrow.

While DC may rule the CW, Marvel rules Netflix.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
I'm hoping that Superman has just been exposed to some Kryptonite that Luther has gotten hold of and he's not just being dark and mean BECOZ DARK KNIGHT ...  :\

We're probably never going to have a bright shiny hopeful heroic Superman movie ever again.

Everyone has to be brooding and dark and miserable now.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:22 AM »
Blame Frank Miller for that.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2015, 07:10:10 AM »
I love that. I've always liked dark and serious movies.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2015, 04:42:40 PM »
There has always been darker Superman stories, like Kingdom Come, Red Son, and Secret Origins.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
Apparently it's a dream sequence. The toy version of that Batman suit is called Knightmare Batman.

I like Angry Joe's theory of it being Bizarro, but alas, we're spoiled by toys again.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
I'm hoping that Superman has just been exposed to some Kryptonite that Luther has gotten hold of and he's not just being dark and mean BECOZ DARK KNIGHT ...  :\

We're probably never going to have a bright shiny hopeful heroic Superman movie ever again.

Which is why I am really enjoying Supergirl.  It's much more light-hearted and fun.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »

Here is the problem with this,

Superman has always been bright so it's a nice change to see a little darkness there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Yeah but Batman is the dark character, Superman is the bright boy scout with a positive outlook on things. I feel like the decision to make Man of Steel a dark interpretation of Superman was one of the most misguided decisions in recent film, because part of what makes the Justice League dynamic so great is Batman being the dark character, and the darker you make Superman, the smaller the contrast will be between him and Batman, and then you get two grumpy depressed dark characters for the price of one.

Even though I only thought Man of Steel was alright (not great, not bad.. enjoyable enough at the cinema, but not to re-watch) I'm still very excited about BvS mainly because of Ben Affleck and Batman. I like that the main story focuses on the destruction in MoS and what consequences it will have on Superman and the world, but it does feel like they are shoving in a bit too many characters.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
Zantera, Throughout the comic book history of Superman there have been dark versions.  I'm not worried at all.  The needed to move a little bit away from the "Golly Gee" Superman.  His actions are still of good intent.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »
Zantera, Throughout the comic book history of Superman there have been dark versions. 
Those have been sprinkled throughout, here and there, NEVER the main thrust of the character, and frequently in non-canon Elseworlds stories.  They are not representative of the character, the way that Batman being dark is.

There is a reason that one of his nicknames is "the Big Blue Boyscout."
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 12:27:32 PM »
Oh I know that Hef.  I just son't have a problem with the slighter darker tone than most.  It's not like Hollywood ever takes liberties. :lol

I for one thought the "Returns" movie was boring as all hell.  While not prefect at all I enjoyed the newer more more.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 12:46:45 PM »
There has been dark supermans' in the comics but I just meant from a general perspective. There's been so much weird stuff in comics, they have done pretty much everything. :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 01:03:57 PM »
Oh I know.  I think it's funny because most would say, I'm tired of the same old style for a character yet, some are purists when it comes to Superman.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
I for one thought the "Returns" movie was boring as all hell.  While not prefect at all I enjoyed the newer more more.

While I agree with liking the darker direction, I don't agree with this. Returns is my favorite Superman movie so far.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Oh I know.  I think it's funny because most would say, I'm tired of the same old style for a character yet, some are purists when it comes to Superman.

Personally I think a character should stay fairly close to how they were originally, but with some liberties in the smaller areas. One of the reasons I really disliked the TASM Spider-Man films was because the Peter Parker of that universe was so different from the one I know (and IMO all changes were for the worse), compared to the Raimi films that nailed it completely.

I'm curious who DC are gonna make their comic relief of Justice League. It obviously won't be Batman, and with Superman I think they'll go for the strict, by the book leader who does everything to save everybody. Both Aquaman and Wonder Woman look so serious in photos we've seen, so I guess it will either be Green Lantern or Flash, I think the latter makes more sense.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
Green Lantern for the most part has been serious so I would think the Flash but do we really need a comic relief?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
Flash does a pretty good job of being funny without being silly in the JL animated series, where everyone else is more or less serious characters. So that's a way to go about it that would make me pretty happy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »
Flash does a pretty good job of being funny without being silly in the JL animated series, where everyone else is more or less serious characters. So that's a way to go about it that would make me pretty happy.

Yeah, I loved that characters from that series.  The only season I'm missing is Batman's 3rd season.  I don't have an answer either on why.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »
If there is comic relief, I would nominate the character of The Flash, but I'm not convinced with the actor they have set to portray him in the films.

Oh, and Superman Returns is awful.