Author Topic: The DC Movies Thread v AQUAMAN  (Read 40895 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
Re: The DC Movies Thread v AQUAMAN
« Reply #1050 on: June 29, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »
We must've watched a different movie.  I thought JL was serviceable.  Not as bad as some of the other DCU movies, but certainly not 'great'.  I struggled to consider it good.
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?
And TAC can suck it  :biggrin:, this is heavy in all the right places.  :tup

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1051 on: June 29, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »
The best moments in Justice League were character moments. I think everyone can agree the eye dart Superman gives The Flash when he was trying to run around him was fantastic. That look on Flash's face was priceless. I loved that Cyborg, who was getting used to his daily upgrades to his robotic body and system, couldn't function at 100% and had glitches. And yeah, Batman telling Flash to save one person, then he'll know whether he's not to save people, was great.

It just doesn't feel like a complete movie. There's gumption missing, but greedy WB Execs didn't want to push the release date for more filming because they wanted their bonuses before ATT could buy Time Warner.

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Shopping Cart Apologist
« Reply #1052 on: June 30, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
I thought JL was serviceable.  Not as bad as some of the other DCU movies, but certainly not 'great'.  I struggled to consider it good.

I hadn't seen Dawn of Justice of JL until last night.  Saw both.  Not impressed.  Cool that I saw them, but...yeah.

EDIT:  As to the character moments being the best part of Justice League, I have to say that I didn't really "feel" the character moments.  I felt like they were intended to be the best parts of the film, but that most of them were so trite and artificial that they didn't really evoke any feeling.  Maybe I'm just being too hard on these films, but they really did little for me in that regard.

I do think the overall plot concept on Dawn of Justice was pretty cool.  It just fell a bit flat in the execution.  But it was a good concept and had a great villain in this iteration of Luthor.  Actually, if not for the Zod creature final battle and the very wooden performance of Superman, I might have actually been able to say that I liked that film.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:04:39 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."